yellow castle pic and instr

Jeff A Johnson

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96

Hi, I did a reply to the other post about the yellow castle of old thinking
it would be a "RE" to rtl but it beeped out as a direct reply to the sender
and thay were looking for info, so now I'm retyping.
I would like to see a pic of the old yellow castle. I think Hypernias [sp]
pics are not as many as they were last year and he doesn't have it. Does
anyone know were I can find one? I got 10 sets of the brown Gothic plank
doors with yellow hinge blocks at the auction last/this week. Did the old
castle have that kind of door back then? And how about a copy of the parts
list and instructions? Is it possible to put one together from current parts?

Richard Bingle

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

> I would like to see a pic of the old yellow castle. I think Hypernias [sp]
> pics are not as many as they were last year and he doesn't have it. Does
> anyone know were I can find one?

A virtual picture of the castle is available on Ben Jackson's web
pages (http://www.tcp.com/%7Ebjackson/LEGO/Castle)

Richard Bingle bin...@cs.purdue.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/bingle
Purdue University (317) 494-0893
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398

Ole Martin Bjoerndalen

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Jeff A Johnson wrote:
> I would like to see a pic of the old yellow castle. I think Hypernias [sp]
> pics are not as many as they were last year and he doesn't have it. Does
> anyone know were I can find one?

I will do another round of scanning tomorrow, and I could
include the yellow castle this time. If I do, you will
find it on my LEGO page:

http://www.cs.uit.no/~olemb/lego/

> I got 10 sets of the brown Gothic plank
> doors with yellow hinge blocks at the auction last/this week. Did the old
> castle have that kind of door back then?

It had some sort of plank door mounted on yellow hinge bricks. The
doors were rectangular, unlike in recent sets, but I can't recall
their color.

And how about a copy of the parts list and instructions?

I have the instructions.

> Is it possible to put one together from current parts?

Most of the castle is plain yellow bricks, but there are
a few arcs and slope pieces which could be difficult to
find in yellow anywhere else. There are also some hinges
to allow the castle to be opened and closed. All of these
bricks appear in gray in later castle sets.

--
Ole Martin Bjorndalen
ol...@stud.cs.uit.no - http://www.cs.uit.no/~olemb/

Lou Zucaro

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

dav...@tek.com (Jeff A Johnson) wrote:

> Hi, I did a reply to the other post about the yellow castle of old thinking
> it would be a "RE" to rtl but it beeped out as a direct reply to the sender
> and thay were looking for info, so now I'm retyping.

> I would like to see a pic of the old yellow castle. I think Hypernias [sp]
> pics are not as many as they were last year and he doesn't have it.

There are always as many pictures as ever before. The site has moved
& changed names now, as I move more into a magazine format.

The new URL is:

www.pause.com

The exact address of the picture you are looking for is:

http://www.pause.com/toys/lego/pix/castle/lego6075.jpg

The base URL for the Lego stuff is:

http://www.pause.com/toys/lego/legohome.htm

And the Castle page is:

http://www.pause.com/toys/lego/castle.htm

Although, of course, you could navigate and find any of these that
way, too.

Hope this helps.

See ya...

Lou

www.pause.com

LEGO: FS+(1819) TO+++1(6399) BO+++(709) TR+++(4558) PA+(6416)
SP+++2(497) CA+++(6071) PI+++c(6276) AQ+++3c(6195) TC++(8857)
#+++++ S++ LS+ Hs M+ YB67m

"I...I think he was a mandroid."

Howard Drake

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

Ole Martin Bjoerndalen (ol...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote:
: Jeff A Johnson wrote:
: > I would like to see a pic of the old yellow castle. I think Hypernias [sp]
: > pics are not as many as they were last year and he doesn't have it. Does

: > anyone know were I can find one?

About a year ago, I took a series of photographs of the 6075 castle
during construction, not enough pictures for complete instructions
but enough so an expert builder could follow them. I sent these
off to Jason Mantor for his RTL bricks web page. I don't think
they have been posted yet.

Jason, are you still following RTL? I haven't seen any posts
lately. Have you put these up on your web page? If not, could
you return them, please? Any RTL'er out there with a scanner and lots of
disk space for their web page, who would volunteer to add 6075 pics
to their web page?

: I will do another round of scanning tomorrow, and I could

: include the yellow castle this time. If I do, you will
: find it on my LEGO page:

: http://www.cs.uit.no/~olemb/lego/

: > I got 10 sets of the brown Gothic plank
: > doors with yellow hinge blocks at the auction last/this week. Did the old
: > castle have that kind of door back then?

6075 had red doors.

: It had some sort of plank door mounted on yellow hinge bricks. The

Ole Martin Bjoerndalen

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

Howard Drake wrote:
> About a year ago, I took a series of photographs of the 6075 castle
> during construction, not enough pictures for complete instructions
> but enough so an expert builder could follow them. I sent these
> off to Jason Mantor for his RTL bricks web page. I don't think
> they have been posted yet.

6075? I have the exact same castle, only the set number is 375.
Must be some US renumbering thing.

> you return them, please? Any RTL'er out there with a scanner and lots of
> disk space for their web page, who would volunteer to add 6075 pics
> to their web page?

There will be at least one 375 image on my LEGO page today.

> 6075 had red doors.

You are right, of course. So where did I get all those
yellow doors?

Jason S. Mantor

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Howard,
hmmm... You guys must be psychic ! I just got a scanner yesterday. Since the
raytracing is going to take more time still, I just finished scanning the photos you
sent me and I'm putting these pages up on the RTL-Bricks library pages. The direct URL
is

http://www.rtl-bricks.com/library/Hd6075.htm

I forgot who the original poster was but, please check out the pics and tell me
what you think !

-Jason