Our RST "middle names"...

SBRMJM1

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
Alright, here goes...

Mark("Who likes his chances RACING Rick Denney over 50 miles on a bike, but
will not in any way, shape, or form try to keep up with him in the
chain-measuring, trial-by-usenet opinion expressing, crank-cracking, "Ironman
Distress Syndrome"-naming middle name competition.")Mannebach

As Wendy Ingraham would say (affectionately, of course),
"Rick, you da man!" :)

Best,
Mark (Please note the "smileys"!!!)Mannebach

Rick Denney

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
On 18 Oct 1998 22:41:19 GMT, sbr...@aol.com (SBRMJM1) wrote:

>Mark("Who likes his chances RACING Rick Denney over 50 miles on a bike, but
>will not in any way, shape, or form try to keep up with him in the
>chain-measuring, trial-by-usenet opinion expressing, crank-cracking, "Ironman
>Distress Syndrome"-naming middle name competition.")Mannebach

You're on! But only if you run and I ride. Unless it's a downhill
course, then I'll let you ride a mountain bike.

>As Wendy Ingraham would say (affectionately, of course),
>"Rick, you da man!" :)

If Wendy ever said that about me, I would melt into a lump of formless
jelly.

>Best,
>Mark (Please note the "smileys"!!!)Mannebach

I'm experimenting with the internym after seeing it so artfully used
by others on other newsgroups. Half the time I forget. And I certainly
don't meet the standard of those who I emulate. But isn't it better
than my old sig, which was labelled by Jobst Brandt as my *pablum
mantra*?

Seriously, when I have the time while on the road to play around here,
I take it. I know about broken cranks and worn-out chains, and I've
seen lots of marginal tri-bikes that were unnecessarily close to the
durability edge because of simple ignorance. I can help with that, and
I will. I have a few convictions, and when they are challenged, I'll
squeak. And I have plenty of experience with bonking, even I haven't
done an Ironman. It beats the hell outta the hotel-room TV.

Last week I was in Sacramento, and I'm writing these words from the
Bonaventure in downtown LA. Guess where I was over the weekend?
Basking in the sun on Oceanside beach, imagining what it would be like
to be here next weekend. Maybe next year. My Sunday run from downtown
Carlsbad to the tip of the Oceanside pier and back was magical.

Rick "Internym goes here" Denney