Rafa reclaims #3 ...

ahonkan

Apr 3, 2010, 12:29:48 AM4/3/10
The points situation after Miami:
Fed: 11035 - 360 + 90 = 10765
Djoker: 8220 - 600 + 0 = 7620
Murray: 6835 - 1000 + 0 = 5835
Rafa: 6800 - 180 + 360 = 6980

It is entirely conceivable that by FO,
Rafa will be back to his rightful #2
while Murray runs the risk of dropping
out of the top 4. Djoker is defending
1810 points from 4 events, Murray 550
from 3, Rafa 2600 from 3 & Fed 1450 from 3.

Others of interest:
Sod: 4245 - 10 + 360 = 4595
Rod: 3960 - 180 + 600 or 1000 = 4380 or 4780
Big Bird: 1760 - 90 + 600 or 1000 = 2250 or 2650

Vrai Cinico

Apr 3, 2010, 6:37:48 AM4/3/10

Nadal also has Barcelona for 500 more points. Good thing he playing
well and moving great and confirmed that there are no issues with his
body.

The rest of the Top 4 are struggling With rust, in Federer's case,
fatigue in Djokovic's head and a total collapse every time he gets
ranked higher than Nadal in Murray's case. They all need to step up
big or else ...

--
Cheers,

vc

Administrator

Apr 3, 2010, 6:55:21 AM4/3/10
On 03/04/10 11:37, Vrai Cinico wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:29 am, ahonkan<ahon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The points situation after Miami:
>> Fed: 11035 - 360 + 90 = 10765
>> Djoker: 8220 - 600 + 0 = 7620
>> Murray: 6835 - 1000 + 0 = 5835
>> Rafa: 6800 - 180 + 360 = 6980
>>
>> It is entirely conceivable that by FO,
>> Rafa will be back to his rightful #2
>> while Murray runs the risk of dropping
>> out of the top 4. Djoker is defending
>> 1810 points from 4 events, Murray 550
>> from 3, Rafa 2600 from 3& Fed 1450 from 3.

>> Others of interest:
>> Sod: 4245 - 10 + 360 = 4595
>> Rod: 3960 - 180 + 600 or 1000 = 4380 or 4780
>> Big Bird: 1760 - 90 + 600 or 1000 = 2250 or 2650
>
> Nadal also has Barcelona for 500 more points. Good thing he playing
> well and moving great and confirmed that there are no issues with his
> body.

Yes it's great that Nadal is healthy and playing without injury

Superdave

Apr 3, 2010, 7:31:02 AM4/3/10
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:55:21 +0100, Administrator <admini...@gmail.com>
wrote:

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
[...]
are you shitting me? he's freaking headed for a wheel chair at 29 !

ca1houn

Apr 3, 2010, 2:12:20 PM4/3/10

fed still looking good

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Apr 4, 2010, 10:00:57 AM4/4/10
In article
<27efc007-e653-4fa1...@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
aho...@gmail.com (ahonkan) wrote:

> The points situation after Miami:
> Fed: 11035 - 360 + 90 = 10765
> Djoker: 8220 - 600 + 0 = 7620
> Murray: 6835 - 1000 + 0 = 5835
> Rafa: 6800 - 180 + 360 = 6980
>
> It is entirely conceivable that by FO,
> Rafa will be back to his rightful #2

It's conceivable, but Nadal has so much more to defend than everyone else
that it's not clear how likely it is. And if he *doesn't* defend, he could
still drop out of the top four.

> while Murray runs the risk of dropping
> out of the top 4. Djoker is defending
> 1810 points from 4 events, Murray 550
> from 3, Rafa 2600 from 3 & Fed 1450 from 3.

I think it would be better if Nadal is seeded 2 at the FO, but they almost
always follow the rankings.

wg

TT

Apr 4, 2010, 6:00:07 PM4/4/10
wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <27efc007-e653-4fa1...@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
> aho...@gmail.com (ahonkan) wrote:
>
>> The points situation after Miami:
>> Fed: 11035 - 360 + 90 = 10765
>> Djoker: 8220 - 600 + 0 = 7620
>> Murray: 6835 - 1000 + 0 = 5835
>> Rafa: 6800 - 180 + 360 = 6980
>>
>> It is entirely conceivable that by FO,
>> Rafa will be back to his rightful #2
>
> It's conceivable, but Nadal has so much more to defend than everyone else
> that it's not clear how likely it is. And if he *doesn't* defend, he could
> still drop out of the top four.

Nadal won in 2009 Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome. Also was in Madrid
final. There's really not much room for improvement...

Especially considering that Nadal may skip Barcelona or Madrid this
year, probably Madrid.

Also Djokovic has lot to defend, MC AND Rome finals(600 points each)
Madrid SF(360 points)...lost ALL to Nadal...
Plus Belgrade win, 250 points

Really don't understand Federer skipping Monte Carlo and playing Estoril
instead...having to play Rome, Estoril and Madrid back to back. Well
other than avoiding Nadal on clay as much as possible.

>> while Murray runs the risk of dropping
>> out of the top 4. Djoker is defending
>> 1810 points from 4 events, Murray 550
>> from 3, Rafa 2600 from 3 & Fed 1450 from 3.
>
> I think it would be better if Nadal is seeded 2 at the FO, but they almost
> always follow the rankings.
>
> wg

I'd like Nadal and Djokovic being on different sides of the draw. I have
a feeling Djoker will be the 2nd best claycourter this year(arguably has
been for couple years already)

SliceAndDice

Apr 4, 2010, 6:08:57 PM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 6:00 pm, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
> wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> > In article
> > <27efc007-e653-4fa1-a5d5-64670fd2d...@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,

I disagree, I do not think Nadal was the third best claycourter last
year.

ahonkan

Apr 5, 2010, 12:25:43 AM4/5/10
On Apr 4, 7:00 pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

> I think it would be better if Nadal is seeded 2 at the FO, but they almost
> always follow the rankings.
>
> wg

Have they ever strayed from the rankings? I remember
the W authorities raising eyebrows by giving a joint top
seeding to Chris & Martina (early eighties) despite
Martina being #1 & having superior W credentials. It
was widely perceived as 'home cooking' for the
country's favourite daughter-in-law, who was then
married to John Lloyd.

ahonkan

Apr 5, 2010, 12:33:55 AM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 3:00 am, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:

> Really don't understand Federer skipping Monte Carlo and playing Estoril
> instead...having to play Rome, Estoril and Madrid back to back. Well
> other than avoiding Nadal on clay as much as possible.

Fed played Estoril before too. If you were Fed and knew Rafa
was better than you on clay, won't you try to avoid him on
that surface as much as possible to avoid hurting your own
confidence? Fed's schedule makes sense to me.

> I'd like Nadal and Djokovic being on different sides of the draw. I have
> a feeling Djoker will be the 2nd best claycourter this year(arguably has
> been for couple years already)

You continue to be delusional. To refresh your memory, Fed d Rafa
in the Madrid F on clay last year and won the FO beating the man
who beat Rafa. Djoker lost to a person named Kohlschreiber. Being
hateful is one thing, making idiotic statements is quite another.
You
are making bold predictions about a player who has been subpar
so far this year (and I am talking about Djoker).

TT

Apr 5, 2010, 10:33:04 AM4/5/10
ahonkan wrote:
> On Apr 5, 3:00 am, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
>
>> Really don't understand Federer skipping Monte Carlo and playing Estoril
>> instead...having to play Rome, Estoril and Madrid back to back. Well
>> other than avoiding Nadal on clay as much as possible.
>
> Fed played Estoril before too.

But played also MC. Estoril was in different spot then...now it's
between Rome and Madrid while earlier it was before MC.

> If you were Fed and knew Rafa
> was better than you on clay, won't you try to avoid him on
> that surface as much as possible to avoid hurting your own
> confidence? Fed's schedule makes sense to me.

It appears he doesn't have much confidence to begin with if he chooses
his schedule to avoid a player.

>> I'd like Nadal and Djokovic being on different sides of the draw. I have
>> a feeling Djoker will be the 2nd best claycourter this year(arguably has
>> been for couple years already)
>
> You continue to be delusional. To refresh your memory, Fed d Rafa
> in the Madrid F on clay

lol. Djokovic had nothing to do with it, right?

last year and won the FO beating the man
> who beat Rafa. Djoker lost to a person named Kohlschreiber. Being
> hateful is one thing, making idiotic statements is quite another.
> You
> are making bold predictions about a player who has been subpar
> so far this year (and I am talking about Djoker).

That's how I feel, that Djoker is a better claycourter than Federer, he
too may regain his confidence coming to clay.

Last year Djoks lost to Nadal only, and one match to Kohli. Nadal agrees
with my assessment that that Djockmaster is the 2nd best claycourter:

Q. Did his title in Paris have to do with his triumph over you in Madrid ?
A. What helped him, aside from the fact that he was the most consistent
during those two weeks, is that Djokovic and I lost early. We had been
the two best on clay, with finals in Montecarlo, Rome and the infamous
Madrid semifinal. After that match, and with the way my knees were, I
died, I was in no place to fight for that final.