I will be getting the Wilson prostaff RF 97 this week :)

PeteWasLucky

May 1, 2017, 9:18:10 PM5/1/17
Order four racquets, two for me and two for my young teen son.

It will be interesting to see how difficult it will be to transition from my Wilson prostaff 90.

I have been using them since Sampras days but switched from the 85 to 90 when Federer came.

Classical racquet, stiff, heavy, you need to have great timing to utilize their magic otherwise you won't be able to play with them.

TennisGuy

May 1, 2017, 9:47:30 PM5/1/17
On 5/1/2017 9:18 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> Classical racquet, stiff, heavy, you need to have great timing to
> utilize their magic otherwise you won't be able to play with them.

Can you play classical music with it too? :)

PeteWasLucky

May 1, 2017, 10:11:22 PM5/1/17
> Can you play classical music with it too?

18 great symphonies :)

TennisGuy

May 1, 2017, 11:03:40 PM5/1/17
On 5/1/2017 10:11 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> Can you play classical music with it too?
>
> 18 great symphonies :)

Cool.

I've got a classical guitar and it rocks!

I can play tennis with it too. :)

PeteWasLucky

May 1, 2017, 11:16:01 PM5/1/17
> I can play tennis with it too.

I used to play guitar and piano until I got married :)

Now tennis is the one thing I enjoy the most.

jdeluise

May 1, 2017, 11:19:13 PM5/1/17
I hear Scott is fond of snowshoeing, and he can play tennis with them too!

PeteWasLucky

May 1, 2017, 11:25:33 PM5/1/17
> I hear Scott is fond of snowshoeing, and he can play tennis with them too!

Federer isn't far away now from the 100 Nadal uses.

Whisper

May 2, 2017, 9:04:57 AM5/2/17

PeteWasLucky

May 2, 2017, 9:10:17 AM5/2/17
Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com> Wrote in message:
Yours is much lighter, about 305 grams unstrung, these Wilson's
are 340 grams unstrung.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

TennisGuy

May 2, 2017, 4:55:06 PM5/2/17
On 5/2/2017 9:10 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com> Wrote in message:

>> Sounds like a perfect fit for my game. I'm happy with my
>> Slazengers though. I have 3 of these (Henman & Mauresmo used them
>> at peak);
>>
>> http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=92Sny8kf&id=6DB3C538F65A5A48506CD086B13BACF5F335BFA4&thid=OIP.92Sny8kfa4_P1K9qX-DrhQEsCC&q=slazenger+tennis+racket+henamn&simid=608029759811092615&selectedIndex=19&ajaxhist=0
>>

> Yours is much lighter, about 305 grams unstrung, these Wilson's are
> 340 grams unstrung.

Still can't touch my Dunlop Max 200G that I play with.
355 g. :)

TennisGuy

May 2, 2017, 4:56:49 PM5/2/17
Sorry, make that 360 g!

Guypers

May 2, 2017, 5:17:18 PM5/2/17
Play with Wilson profile 2.7 14oz, 110 sqins, for real men!!

TennisGuy

May 2, 2017, 7:11:08 PM5/2/17
Is that what you play with?
Which pro endorses it?

PeteWasLucky

May 2, 2017, 7:33:14 PM5/2/17
> Still can't touch my Dunlop Max 200G that I play with.
355 g. :)

I played with it, also played with wood.

Guypers

May 2, 2017, 8:01:23 PM5/2/17
Dunlop Maxply fort?

PeteWasLucky

May 2, 2017, 8:33:33 PM5/2/17
> Dunlop Maxply fort?

No, the 200g.

The wooden was if I remember correctly was Ascot. Omg, this was very heavy.

Guypers

May 2, 2017, 10:00:59 PM5/2/17
Here are some differences:
Maxply fort. Maxpky McEnroe
13.66 oz/387.3 gr. 13.82oz//392.4gr
B.p. 333mm. B.p. 333mm
Medium stiff. Stiff

The McEnroe has a graphite/fiberglass face on the shoulders.

I played with the Maxply fort!!!

PeteWasLucky

May 2, 2017, 10:14:03 PM5/2/17
> I played with the Maxply fort!!!

Playing with these heavy racquets requires learning perfect swings and timing.

Whisper

May 3, 2017, 8:02:27 AM5/3/17
You bastard. That was my fave racket. I had 2 of those back in 1984 -
cost me $200 each back then.

Whisper

May 3, 2017, 8:06:00 AM5/3/17
Me too. I also played with Dunlop Maxply fort & McEnroe fort.

200G is prob the best tennis racket ever.

Whisper

May 3, 2017, 8:11:44 AM5/3/17
All the old greats played with it - Laver, McEnroe, Hoad, Althea Gibson,
Court etc etc. It's probably the most famous racket ever.

PeteWasLucky

May 3, 2017, 8:12:42 AM5/3/17
> 200G is prob the best tennis racket ever.

Sorry, it may have been the best 20 years ago, but you need to live in the present now, there are much better racquets and better tennis players :)

Whisper

May 3, 2017, 8:38:06 AM5/3/17
I played with both. I admit I am a McEnroe fanboy.

: )

Whisper

May 3, 2017, 8:39:44 AM5/3/17
On 3/05/2017 12:14 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> I played with the Maxply fort!!!
>
> Playing with these heavy racquets requires learning perfect swings and timing.

Yep.

jdeluise

May 3, 2017, 9:30:28 AM5/3/17
On Wed, 03 May 2017 05:12:40 -0700, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> Sorry, it may have been the best 20 years ago, but you need to live in
> the present now, there are much better racquets and better tennis
> players :)

Whisper once revealed that he buys rackets right off the shelf, pre-
strung, pre-gripped.... no customization whatsoever. What kind of
serious player does that?

When called on it he backtracked, hemmed and hawed and said something to
the effect of "that's how we do it in Australia". Whisper is a liar...
and a bad one.

PeteWasLucky

May 3, 2017, 9:36:26 AM5/3/17
> Whisper once revealed that he buys rackets right off the shelf, pre-
strung, pre-gripped.... no customization whatsoever. What kind of
serious player does that?

When called on it he backtracked, hemmed and hawed and said something to
the effect of "that's how we do it in Australia". Whisper is a liar...
and a bad one.

Sure, I believe they have Walmart too :)

BTW, I string my racquets myself, I hate it, but I do a perfect job.

Whisper

May 4, 2017, 5:53:35 AM5/4/17
Customization?

You can customize your racket as much as you want I'd still likely beat
you 61 60.

Whisper

May 4, 2017, 6:05:59 AM5/4/17
I'm playing with a friend tomorrow who strings his rackets every week
(he has 3 machines). He's a very serious player (ranked top 500 in the
country in singles), travels round the country playing tournaments.
Last time I saw him he had just lost a semi to 18 yr old kid ranked top
10.

About 5 yrs ago I had the edge on him, winning 9/10 - very competitive
matches, but I usually won 64 64 type. Now he's beaten me the last 6 or
7 times, but often close sets 64, 75, a few 62 63.

I don't take it seriously like he does. A few yrs ago we played a final
& he came in well rested & prepared, while I played 3 hrs of social
tennis just before the final & was pretty sore. Almost backfired but I
got over the line 0-6 6-3 7-6 (10-8).

I suspect he'll beat me again but will try & make him work for it. 3
weeks ago I won a singles & 2 doubles tournaments over the Easter long
weekend so will use that confidence.

The only 'customization' I need is an overgrip & consistent
racket/string tension, no grommets.

The Iceberg

May 4, 2017, 9:00:55 AM5/4/17
I guessing with your technique and timing and this racquet you have serious serious bad tennis elbow! :O

Patrick Kehoe

May 4, 2017, 11:14:05 AM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 6:00:55 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:
> I guessing with your technique and timing and this racquet you have serious serious bad tennis elbow! :O

With wood racquets (I grew up playing Wilson/Dunlop)the elbow had to be 'higher' at the point of contact when playing at the net (playing 'up' as we used to say)... because if the elbow was either extended or the inside of the elbow was too often facing skyward, you would absolutely 'f' up your elbow in no time... so there were much more 'push volleys' back then, directed into the corners or angled away because also of the weight of the racquets...

jdeluise

May 4, 2017, 4:04:23 PM5/4/17
On Thu, 04 May 2017 19:53:26 +1000, Whisper wrote:

> Customization?
>
> You can customize your racket as much as you want I'd still likely beat
> you 61 60.

The point is only children or duffers who play double with elderly ladies
on the weekend pick pre-strung rackets off the shelf.

PeteWasLucky

May 4, 2017, 11:29:56 PM5/4/17
> You can customize your racket as much as you want I'd still likely beat
you 61 60.

Then he is probably 1/4 arsed playing against you.

Whisper

May 5, 2017, 10:19:31 AM5/5/17
Why is that? I have about 15 rackets so haven't bought in a while - 3
the same that I always use & 12 or so in the shed. They are only
'pre-strung' for a short period.

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 11:13:42 AM5/5/17
> Why is that? I have about 15 rackets so haven't bought in a while - 3
the same that I always use & 12 or so in the shed. They are only
'pre-strung' for a short period.

I expected you to have 20-30 racquets if you are buying strung racquets from Walmart and replace them when the string gets broken.

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 11:18:00 AM5/5/17
Got the racquets, different feel for sure than the 90, it requires more hitting up or brushing on the ball than flat hitting that was a beauty on the older frame.

I can see why Federer handles Rafa topspin easily now. As I mentioned in other threads this racquet helped Federer against Rafa than any other opponent.

Whisper

May 5, 2017, 12:54:53 PM5/5/17