Nadal the Open favourite: Federer

1 view

Superdave

Jan 15, 2011, 3:20:05 AM1/15/11
Nadal the Open favourite: Federer

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nadal-the-open-favourite-federer-20110115-19rrj.html

"I hope it's on him, he deserves it, he's world No.1, he's going for four in a row, I always knew that is going to be
big news ... it's unbelievable what Rafa's been able to do.

"... He's going to for sure be ready for this, I'll follow it very closely. If I get a chance, I hope I can stop him
obviously."

Fed HEAPING the pressure on or what?

Manco

Jan 15, 2011, 3:33:28 AM1/15/11
Fed is the master at psychological warfare. He did in Murray last year
with the "150,000 years" comment.

TT

Jan 15, 2011, 9:38:46 AM1/15/11
15.1.2011 10:33, Manco kirjoitti:
> Fed is the master at psychological warfare. He did in Murray last year
> with the "150,000 years" comment.

Shows how fucking DESPERATE Federer is. Plz don't win a Grand Slam Rafa
- I never could...

PeteWasLucky

Jan 15, 2011, 9:40:46 AM1/15/11
On Jan 15, 4:38 pm, TT <d...@do.it> wrote:
> Grand Slam
Grand slam? lol :)

RahimAsif

Jan 15, 2011, 9:59:24 AM1/15/11
On Jan 15, 2:20 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nadal the Open favourite: Federer
>
> http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nadal-the-open-favourite-f...

> "I hope it's on him, he deserves it, he's world No.1, he's going for four in a row, I always knew that is going to be
> big news ... it's unbelievable what Rafa's been able to do.
>
> "... He's going to for sure be ready for this, I'll follow it very closely. If I get a chance, I hope I can stop him
> obviously."
>
> Fed HEAPING the pressure on or what?

He is just calling it as he sees it...

Fan

Jan 15, 2011, 10:10:38 AM1/15/11
On Jan 15, 9:20 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nadal the Open favourite: Federer
>
> http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nadal-the-open-favourite-f...

> "I hope it's on him, he deserves it, he's world No.1, he's going for four in a row, I always knew that is going to be
> big news ... it's unbelievable what Rafa's been able to do.
>
> "... He's going to for sure be ready for this, I'll follow it very closely. If I get a chance, I hope I can stop him
> obviously."
>
> Fed HEAPING the pressure on or what?

Freddy is using psychological warfare on his younger opponent. First,
all that buddy-buddy business to take away Nadal's fighting edge and
now this. It is the perfect setup for the big wham.
It would not surprise me if neither of them made it to the final and
someone else won 2011 Australian. All that clever work may be for
nothing :)

PeteWasLucky

Jan 15, 2011, 10:16:58 AM1/15/11

omg, what did he say?!

If he said he is the favorite, then you will be all over the place
attacking the arrogant swiss. Now he says Nadal is the favorite which
is very clear and you still don't like it.

Fan

Jan 15, 2011, 10:24:51 AM1/15/11
> is very clear and you still don't like it.-

Nadal is not the Favorite and Federer knows it. Why does he have to
say anyything at all? Nadal appears to be in a slump and I do not
expect much from him. My pick is Soderling but it is just a wild
guess, nothing more.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 15, 2011, 12:57:03 PM1/15/11
On Jan 15, 5:24 pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 4:16 pm, PeteWasLucky <waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Freddy is using psychological warfare on his younger opponent. First,
> > > all that buddy-buddy business to take away Nadal's fighting edge and
> > > now this. It is the perfect setup for the big wham.
> > > It would not surprise me if neither of them made it to the final and
> > > someone else won 2011 Australian. All that clever work may be for
> > > nothing :)
>
> > omg, what did he say?!
>
> > If he said he is the favorite, then you will be all over the place
> > attacking the arrogant swiss. Now he says Nadal is the favorite which
> > is very clear and you still don't like it.-
>
> Nadal is not the Favorite and Federer knows it.

Year end number one with the last three slams and finalist at YEC is
not the favorite? So who would be?

> Why does he have to
> say anyything at all?

Of course he answers questions.

>Nadal appears to be in a slump and I do not
> expect much from him.

Why is Nadal in a slump? What suggests that?

> My pick is Soderling but it is just a wild

> guess, nothing more.- Hide quoted text -

If you don't choose Nadal then you can choose anybody I guess.

kaennorsing

Jan 15, 2011, 1:05:16 PM1/15/11
On 15 jan, 16:24, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Nadal is not the Favorite and Federer knows it. Why does he have to
> say anyything at all?

Hmmm, I wonder, let's see... Maybe because he's asked about this
specifically? These pro tennis players do get asked questions a lot,
you know, and I'm sure if he said nothing or gave another answer
you'll be going nuts again over how arrogant he is... Why don't you
just admit you hate him and anything he says - or doesn't say - upsets
you tremendously.

Ali Asoag

Jan 16, 2011, 1:08:16 AM1/16/11
On 1/15/2011 8:24 AM, Fan wrote:
> On Jan 15, 4:16 pm, PeteWasLucky<waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Freddy is using psychological warfare on his younger opponent. First,
>>> all that buddy-buddy business to take away Nadal's fighting edge and
>>> now this. It is the perfect setup for the big wham.
>>> It would not surprise me if neither of them made it to the final and
>>> someone else won 2011 Australian. All that clever work may be for
>>> nothing :)
>>
>> omg, what did he say?!
>>
>> If he said he is the favorite, then you will be all over the place
>> attacking the arrogant swiss. Now he says Nadal is the favorite which
>> is very clear and you still don't like it.-
>
> Nadal is not the Favorite and Federer knows it.

Like Fed is not favorite at FO as Nadal always said?

> Why does he have to
> say anyything at all?

Because he was asked for that?

Manco

Jan 16, 2011, 1:40:01 AM1/16/11
On Jan 15, 9:57 am, PeteWasLucky <waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is Nadal in a slump? What suggests that?

Nadal is not in a slump. He won Tokyo and made YEC final, finished YE
#1 after concluding the slam season which he dominated. If you win the
last 3 slams of the season, you by definition can't be in a slump. Now
if he fails to win any tournament until the clay season, they you
might say he's in a mini-slump.

Fan

Jan 16, 2011, 2:22:51 AM1/16/11
On Jan 15, 6:57 pm, PeteWasLucky <waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 5:24 pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> >Nadal appears to be in a slump and I do not
> > expect much from him.
>
> Why is Nadal in a slump? What suggests that?

All you ned to do is watch them play. Nadal started hitting short
balls again. It is on account of not getting to the balls in time.
Davy beats him easy and then loses to Fed easy. That puts Nadal's game
way below Freddy's game.

Fan

Jan 16, 2011, 2:39:25 AM1/16/11
On Jan 15, 7:05 pm, kaennorsing <ljubit...@hotmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> Why don't you
> just admit you hate him and anything he says - or doesn't say - upsets
> you tremendously.

You are thinking that everyone has to hate this or that player and
worship some other player. That is for people who have no life outside
of rst. Try to think of it in a different way and consider the
possibility of some people having preferences and even those
preferences change over time.
I will try to explain it for you but hope that other "fans" also learn
from what I am going to say. Tennis is a form of entertainment. These
are highly skilled and paid professionals who work very hard to
achieve what they achieve. A good engineer, physician, teacher is more
worthy of our respect than these professional athletes are but they
are not entertainers and we never hear about them.
Another thing is that insane fans try to become one with their heroes.
When their teams win, they say, “we won”. It is not so. Take a US
football team. It could be “our team” but the owner could sell or move
it to another town.
I do not go for the insanity of fans and certainly do not hate or even
dislike Federer. I despised McEnroe and Connors but not because of
their game but because of their outrageous conduct.
I put professional sports in proper perspective but still watch much
more than most people do. I rather watch some uninteresting sport
contest than some of the disgusting, perverted, violent stuff they
have on TV.
You and other “fans” do not have to agree with me but I would like to
think that you are able to understand where I am coming from.

Whisper

Jan 16, 2011, 5:28:41 AM1/16/11

Best to be like Borg - stay mute & play tennis.

RzR

Jan 16, 2011, 8:04:49 AM1/16/11
On 15.1.2011. 9:33, Manco wrote:
> Fed is the master at psychological warfare. He did in Murray last year
> with the "150,000 years" comment.

murray is too easy...nothing fed can say would really make a
difference...murray would fold all by himself, sadly :(

RzR

Jan 16, 2011, 8:06:54 AM1/16/11

LOL

still scared shitless i see?

fed gave props to nadal, because he knows what it is to have pressure to
win every single slam

fed is not desperate...he is enjoying his bonus days of his
career...beating number ones, threes and the rest of the field with ease

just keep on watching moron

RzR

Jan 16, 2011, 8:08:02 AM1/16/11

TT is delusional...always has been

what do you expect to see from the clown that thinks 9 is bigger than 16

RzR

Jan 16, 2011, 8:08:57 AM1/16/11
On 15.1.2011. 16:10, Fan wrote:
> On Jan 15, 9:20 am, Superdave<the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nadal the Open favourite: Federer
>>
>> http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/nadal-the-open-favourite-f...
>>
>> "I hope it's on him, he deserves it, he's world No.1, he's going for four in a row, I always knew that is going to be
>> big news ... it's unbelievable what Rafa's been able to do.
>>
>> "... He's going to for sure be ready for this, I'll follow it very closely. If I get a chance, I hope I can stop him
>> obviously."
>>
>> Fed HEAPING the pressure on or what?
>
> Freddy is using psychological warfare on his younger opponent. First,
> all that buddy-buddy business to take away Nadal's fighting edge and
> now this. It is the perfect setup for the big wham.

which part of what fed said isnt true?

Superdave

Jan 16, 2011, 8:43:24 AM1/16/11

TT has gone over the top a bit no?

TT

Jan 16, 2011, 10:14:40 AM1/16/11

Can't you present your opinions without all that anger and name calling?
Maybe you should take a break from rst.

uly...@mscomm.com

Jan 16, 2011, 10:21:51 AM1/16/11
"Shows how fucking DESPERATE Federer is."

Yeah, a handsome, stylish multi-millionaire with 16 slam titles is
always placed in the "desperate" category, no?

TT

Jan 16, 2011, 10:32:43 AM1/16/11

What do you expect if Nadal had fever couple days ago...

Besides it's not a revelation that Denko plays 100% against Nadal and
chokes against Federer, his master.

TT

Jan 16, 2011, 10:33:35 AM1/16/11

If he only had stayed mute after his tennis career too. The man's an
idiot...

TT

Jan 16, 2011, 10:35:05 AM1/16/11

Well he appears desperate for Nadal not getting Rafa Slam. Not as
desperate as his fans though...

Fan

Jan 16, 2011, 12:29:04 PM1/16/11
> which part of what fed said isnt true?-

What is the use?

Manco

Jan 16, 2011, 3:55:55 PM1/16/11
What do you expect TT? Denko has always known Fed is his master.

Manco

Jan 16, 2011, 4:05:39 PM1/16/11
Yes the 16-time slam champ, should be taking etiquette advice from an
internet troll.