Was evolution peak in 80's?

Jarmila Kratochvilova

Sep 3, 2011, 12:23:20 PM9/3/11
Some women's T&F world records:

100m - 88 (Flo Jo)
200m - 88 (Flo Jo)
400m - 85 (Koch)
800m - 83 (Kratochvilova)
100m hurdles - 88 (Donkova)

High jump - 87 (Kostadinova)
Long Jump - 88 (Chistyakova)
Shot put - 87 (Lisovskaya)
Discus - 88 (Reinsch)

Heptathlon - 88 (Joyner-Kersee)
4x100 - 85 (East Germany)
4x400 - 88 (Soviet Union)

In fact, looks like female (human?) evolution peak would be 1988
specifically.
Incidentally that coincides with Graf's Grand Slam.

Also note that Beamon long jumped 8.90 in 1968, now 43 years later the
record is merely 5cm more.

So much for current era is always greatest.

Sakari Lund

Sep 3, 2011, 12:33:04 PM9/3/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:23:20 +0300, Jarmila Kratochvilova
<as...@epo.net> wrote:

>Some women's T&F world records:
>
>100m - 88 (Flo Jo)
>200m - 88 (Flo Jo)
>400m - 85 (Koch)
>800m - 83 (Kratochvilova)
>100m hurdles - 88 (Donkova)

This Pearson woman has actually a good chance to break this.

>High jump - 87 (Kostadinova)

And Vlasic etc. have been fairly close to beat that.

>Long Jump - 88 (Chistyakova)
>Shot put - 87 (Lisovskaya)
>Discus - 88 (Reinsch)
>
>Heptathlon - 88 (Joyner-Kersee)
>4x100 - 85 (East Germany)
>4x400 - 88 (Soviet Union)
>
>In fact, looks like female (human?) evolution peak would be 1988
>specifically.

In DDR, Russia, other Eastern bloc countries and USA...

TT

Sep 3, 2011, 12:44:23 PM9/3/11
3.9.2011 19:33, Sakari Lund kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:23:20 +0300, Jarmila Kratochvilova
> <as...@epo.net> wrote:
>
>> Some women's T&F world records:
>>
>> 100m - 88 (Flo Jo)
>> 200m - 88 (Flo Jo)
>> 400m - 85 (Koch)
>> 800m - 83 (Kratochvilova)
>> 100m hurdles - 88 (Donkova)
>
> This Pearson woman has actually a good chance to break this.

Yes, that's where I got idea for this post...realizing that there are
even more records from 80's than I though. And of course Mikko likes to
talk about men's 100m progression...
Probably the case with men's 100m and these women's 80's records is PEDs
so we can't really see shit from 100m records etc.

But interesting nonetheless how with women 80's records have held up so
well, while for men that's not the case.

Sakari Lund

Sep 3, 2011, 12:51:18 PM9/3/11

It is much easier to improve women's results by making them more like
men, than to improve men's results. That's what they did in DDR etc.
in the 80's. You can't dope THAT much these days.

TT

Sep 3, 2011, 12:55:50 PM9/3/11
3.9.2011 19:51, Sakari Lund kirjoitti:
> It is much easier to improve women's results by making them more like
> men, than to improve men's results.

Yes, hence the name I posted under in op.

>That's what they did in DDR etc.
> in the 80's. You can't dope THAT much these days.

But apparently if you're a man you can! Hence Bolt etc.

Sakari Lund

Sep 3, 2011, 1:03:40 PM9/3/11

In men's case it is natural progression. They doped in 80's, they dope
now, and the results improve in many cases.

In women's case, they doped in a crazy life-threatening way in the
80's. They don't dope nearly as heavily now, so in many cases they
don't get anywhere near 80's records.

Calimero

Sep 3, 2011, 1:06:13 PM9/3/11

Graf is the only one of those girls who didn't do drugs.

Max

TT

Sep 3, 2011, 1:36:56 PM9/3/11
3.9.2011 20:03, Sakari Lund kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:55:50 +0300, TT<as...@usenet.org> wrote:
>
>> 3.9.2011 19:51, Sakari Lund kirjoitti:
>>> It is much easier to improve women's results by making them more like
>>> men, than to improve men's results.
>>
>> Yes, hence the name I posted under in op.
>>
>>> That's what they did in DDR etc.
>>> in the 80's. You can't dope THAT much these days.
>>
>> But apparently if you're a man you can! Hence Bolt etc.
>
> In men's case it is natural progression.

Total rubbish. Why should human body progress now, when most we do is
not physical.

Advanced training methods and diet could cause some progression, but
nothing like in Bolt's case. He's juicing like a madman...that's the
only explanation for his results and overly muscular body for such a
tall person.

TT

Sep 3, 2011, 1:37:54 PM9/3/11

How do you figure that?

felangey

Sep 3, 2011, 1:42:03 PM9/3/11
> Advanced training methods and diet

Never underestimate the power of chicken and peas and rice and yam, mon! :)

bob

Sep 3, 2011, 5:18:19 PM9/3/11

in fact flojo died long ago, one of the ones mentioned in OP.

bob

bob

Sep 3, 2011, 5:18:51 PM9/3/11

she's still alive.

bob

Jarmila Kratochvilova

Sep 3, 2011, 5:22:22 PM9/3/11

So am I!

Calimero

Sep 3, 2011, 3:35:57 PM9/3/11

From Graf's inherent honesty.
And from her feminine body.

Max

Iceberg

Sep 3, 2011, 7:34:59 PM9/3/11
On Sep 3, 6:42 pm, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:
> > Advanced training methods and diet
>
> Never underestimate the power of chicken and peas and rice and yam, mon! :)

Bolt,Djoker, the 80s' women, they should all be given the 'benefit of
the doubt' for their 'gluten free' diets LOL

Ted S.

Sep 3, 2011, 9:12:04 PM9/3/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:51:18 +0300, Sakari Lund wrote:

> That's what they did in DDR etc.
> in the 80's. You can't dope THAT much these days.

"We came here to swim, not sing opera."

<http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/13191.asp>

--
Ted Schuerzinger
tedstennis at myrealbox dot com

MBDunc

Sep 4, 2011, 3:08:49 AM9/4/11

Until 1985 it was ridiculously easy to cheat in steroid tests without
any extra help (for example Ricky Bruch (Former disc thrower, world
record 70:ies, iconic character) has told that he ate steroids like a
crazy but never got caught and never had to do any "breaks" for
competitions.

One of the basic methods was : drink a lot of beer after the
competition and before a test (4-5 cans should should do a trick and
then also eat lot of licorice (this compination messed up the steroid
test resulting negative until 1985). (remember back those days there
were a lot of famous athletes who did spend a lot of time (even hours
drinking fluids) in doping tests for urine sample - starting with Ben
Johnson).

illegal (well not all there illegal all the time and most of the time
a given substance just could not be tested) drug usage has been around
forever. it exploded early 60:ies and was totally wild until steroid
testing started (athetics 1975?).

.mikko