(OT) US image around the world suffers

Brian W Lawrence

Jun 27, 2017, 11:10:46 AM6/27/17

<http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/>

"Although he has only been in office a few months, Donald Trump’s
presidency has had a major impact on how the world sees the United
States. Trump and many of his key policies are broadly unpopular around
the globe, and ratings for the U.S. have declined steeply in many nations.

According to a new Pew Research Center survey spanning 37 nations, a
median of just 22% has confidence in Trump to do the right thing when it
comes to international affairs. This stands in contrast to the final
years of Barack Obama’s presidency, when a median of 64% expressed
confidence in Trump’s predecessor to direct America’s role in the world."

Only two of the 37 countries had a more favourable view - Russia and
Israel. Confidence in the US president has fallen by over 50% in 11
countries - Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, S Korea, France, Spain,
Canada, UK, Australia, Japan & Senegal.

---

Carey

Jun 27, 2017, 11:38:45 AM6/27/17
Yes. I think people in general prefer the grifters with a 'classy' veneer, like Mister Obama, who thought most every problem could be solved with better Bernaysian PR.

For where we are now here in 'murrica, I say again, Mr Trump is just
perfect.

Bernie Sanders/ Tulsi Gabbard 2020

PeteWasLucky

Jun 27, 2017, 12:19:22 PM6/27/17
> For where we are now here in 'murrica, I say again, Mr Trump is just
perfect.

What did he do for us except you are a billionaire?

*skriptis

Jun 27, 2017, 12:30:03 PM6/27/17
Brian W Lawrence <brian_w_...@msn.com> Wrote in message:

> <http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/>
>
> "Although he has only been in office a few months, Donald Trump?s
> presidency has had a major impact on how the world sees the United
> States. Trump and many of his key policies are broadly unpopular around
> the globe, and ratings for the U.S. have declined steeply in many nations.
>
> According to a new Pew Research Center survey spanning 37 nations, a
> median of just 22% has confidence in Trump to do the right thing when it
> comes to international affairs. This stands in contrast to the final
> years of Barack Obama?s presidency, when a median of 64% expressed
> confidence in Trump?s predecessor to direct America?s role in the world."
>
> Only two of the 37 countries had a more favourable view - Russia and
> Israel. Confidence in the US president has fallen by over 50% in 11
> countries - Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, S Korea, France, Spain,
> Canada, UK, Australia, Japan & Senegal.
>
> ---

You can't post anything gayer than that.

Sure let's rate American president Trump based on his standings in
Senegal. :D
Or Russia, Germany, Israel, Japan, whatever.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

bob

Jun 27, 2017, 8:30:24 PM6/27/17
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:38:42 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
whatup with jill stein?

bob

bob

Jun 27, 2017, 8:31:53 PM6/27/17
trump has actually had a great political month. and CNN fired 2
reporters yesterday for faking a trump-russia collusion story (which
has drifted to back page news). his approval rating climbing daily.

bob

TT

Jun 28, 2017, 7:05:48 PM6/28/17
Yeah, he and his gang are hiring criminal lawyers. What a great month.

bob

Jun 28, 2017, 7:18:39 PM6/28/17
so did bernie sanders.

i see CNN fired 3 "journalists" who wrote fictitious articles
regarding trump's friend's "collusion" with that 1 russian.

you still don't get it. oh well, never will.

bob

*skriptis

Jun 28, 2017, 7:30:02 PM6/28/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
What's your problem?
Really? You're such a fountain of bizarre and
weirdo posts when it comes to politics.

Why wouldn't a man hire a lawyer if he's facing some attacks? Even
if you're completely innocent you'd want a legal advice when
faced relentless abd fabricated accusations? Wouldn't
you?

TT

Jun 28, 2017, 7:45:44 PM6/28/17
Yes CNN fired them immediately, at least there are still news with some
backbone and standards...

(I actually think CNN has probably too high a standard for verification,
they often don't report news other outlets such as MSNBC do)

> you still don't get it. oh well, never will.

Get what... how is this relevant to Trump/Kushner etc lawyering up...
Is your argument that there was no collusion? ...Yeah, half of Trump's
campaign probably just happened to bump with Russians by accident. OF
COURSE there was collusion, circumstantial evidence is OVERWHELMING.

Speaking of their lawyers... you want to know what kind of lawyer Trump
has, what kind of people Trump surrounds himself with...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YRwiC1mrE

The first half of the clip is a bit of a bore but then it picks up - a
lot! Even Trump's lawyer channeled tens of millions of charity money
straight to himself and his family, should face criminal charges...

bob

Jun 28, 2017, 8:00:22 PM6/28/17
only cause they were caught and publicly humiliated the network.

> at least there are still news with some
>backbone and standards...

lol!!!

>(I actually think CNN has probably too high a standard for verification,
>they often don't report news other outlets such as MSNBC do)

ahahahah!!!

>> you still don't get it. oh well, never will.
>
>Get what...

what's going on in this country.

> how is this relevant to Trump/Kushner etc lawyering up...

they're under constant attack from people who despise them. they
better lawyer up. maybe they spit gum 1 day on a sidewalk and somebody
caught it on tape.

>Is your argument that there was no collusion? ...Yeah, half of Trump's
>campaign probably just happened to bump with Russians by accident. OF
>COURSE there was collusion, circumstantial evidence is OVERWHELMING.

collusion of what? give me details of how they colluded and what the
intent was, and the result, and who was involved.

>Speaking of their lawyers... you want to know what kind of lawyer Trump
>has, what kind of people Trump surrounds himself with...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YRwiC1mrE

>The first half of the clip is a bit of a bore but then it picks up - a
>lot! Even Trump's lawyer channeled tens of millions of charity money
>straight to himself and his family, should face criminal charges...

from "the young turks." very unbiased group i reckon?

what you don't get is that any person of this level, if you hate them
enough, if you search them enough, if you scrutinize everything they
do enough, they will be found to have dirt of some sort. and even if
the dirt appears to be dirt, just because that's the lens through
which you wish to see it, it may really be beach sand.

when i gave you youtube videos of women who claimed bill c sexually
harassed them, 1st thing you said was they must be lying and weren't
credible cause they must've just had a political agenda. and you won't
see the flip side of those agendas.

it's ok, there are millions like you here in the usa.

bob

TT

Jun 28, 2017, 8:21:00 PM6/28/17
How would I know... I wasn't there. But hard to believe they had all
those contacts just to say hi, in midst of largest hacking operations...

But there are probably money trails and other trails, so rest assured,
they will get caught...

>> Speaking of their lawyers... you want to know what kind of lawyer Trump
>> has, what kind of people Trump surrounds himself with...
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YRwiC1mrE
>
>> The first half of the clip is a bit of a bore but then it picks up - a
>> lot! Even Trump's lawyer channeled tens of millions of charity money
>> straight to himself and his family, should face criminal charges...
>
> from "the young turks." very unbiased group i reckon?

I think so. However the reporting is probably accurate.

> what you don't get is that any person of this level, if you hate them
> enough, if you search them enough, if you scrutinize everything they
> do enough, they will be found to have dirt of some sort.

It's not just some 'dirt', it's outright criminal activity. Tens of
millions of payments for nothing/very little. Imagine that even Trump's
lawyer is an incredible crook. I guess this adds new meanings to the
term 'criminal lawyer'...

bob

Jun 28, 2017, 8:34:51 PM6/28/17
that's right. and neither was CNN.

> But hard to believe they had all
>those contacts just to say hi, in midst of largest hacking operations...
>But there are probably money trails and other trails, so rest assured,
>they will get caught...

caught doing what? speaking to russians?

>>> Speaking of their lawyers... you want to know what kind of lawyer Trump
>>> has, what kind of people Trump surrounds himself with...
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YRwiC1mrE
>>
>>> The first half of the clip is a bit of a bore but then it picks up - a
>>> lot! Even Trump's lawyer channeled tens of millions of charity money
>>> straight to himself and his family, should face criminal charges...
>>
>> from "the young turks." very unbiased group i reckon?
>>
>I think so. However the reporting is probably accurate.
>
>> what you don't get is that any person of this level, if you hate them
>> enough, if you search them enough, if you scrutinize everything they
>> do enough, they will be found to have dirt of some sort.
>
>It's not just some 'dirt', it's outright criminal activity. Tens of
>millions of payments for nothing/very little. Imagine that even Trump's
>lawyer is an incredible crook. I guess this adds new meanings to the
>term 'criminal lawyer'...

say the "young turks."

why don't you listen to a few months of rush limbaugh's radio show on
youtube and see if you don't change your mind, and had it all wrong
all this time.

bob

TT

Jun 28, 2017, 8:49:50 PM6/28/17
I prefer real news - and my entertainment in different package...

ali...@alinefx.com

Jun 28, 2017, 9:46:41 PM6/28/17
Are you fucking kidding me, Bob? The young turks is the most progressive news outlet in the fucking world you idiot. The combined smarts of everyone on the young turks would make Rush Limbaugh look even more like fucking lunatic and he belongs in asylum in comparison.

You should go hide your face in the sand and not show it to anyone for even recommending Rush Limbaugh. Only a xenophobic racist moronic idiot would recommend Rush Limbaugh.

bob

Jun 28, 2017, 9:51:21 PM6/28/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:46:38 -0700 (PDT), ali...@alinefx.com wrote:

> Are you fucking kidding me, Bob? The young turks is the most progressive news outlet in the fucking world you idiot. The combined smarts of everyone on the young turks would make Rush Limbaugh look even more like fucking lunatic and he belongs in asylum in comparison.
>You should go hide your face in the sand and not show it to anyone for even recommending Rush Limbaugh. Only a xenophobic racist moronic idiot would recommend Rush Limbaugh.

i'm showing rush limbaugh to make people realize that any biased
person or group can say anything, but doesn't make it gospel, and
normally comes with a slant. including the "young turks." including
CNN. including breitbart and rush limbaugh.

being progressive also means "with a slant" just as being conservative
does. the truth is the truth. period.

bob

*skriptis

Jun 28, 2017, 10:30:02 PM6/28/17
ali...@alinefx.com Wrote in message:
> Are you fucking kidding me, Bob? The young turks is the most progressive news outlet in the fucking world you idiot.

Why are they glorifying Turkish nationalism and its crimes if
they're so progressive?

>The combined smarts of everyone on the young turks would make Rush Limbaugh look even more like fucking lunatic and he belongs in asylum in comparison.
>
> You should go hide your face in the sand and not show it to anyone for even recommending Rush Limbaugh. Only a xenophobic racist moronic idiot would recommend Rush Limbaugh.

What's wrong with xenophobia?
E.g. I live alone, far away from you, I don't like you, and don't
do anything to harm you.

You come to me and start forcing me to accept your presence and
your values.

Who's the bad guy there?

ali...@alinefx.com

Jun 28, 2017, 10:56:41 PM6/28/17
Progressive actually means progressive ideas, conservative usually means we want to stay in the dark ages, at least that's what it means right now with all the shit that Trump is up to

bob

Jun 29, 2017, 5:41:38 PM6/29/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:56:38 -0700 (PDT), ali...@alinefx.com wrote:

> Progressive actually means progressive ideas, conservative usually means we want to stay in the dark ages, at least that's what it means right now with all the shit that Trump is up to

egads, progressive is a word that replaced liberal, back when liberal
became a dirty word for some reason.

but that's besides the point, the point is the truth is the truth. not
fake news heard through the biased voices of CNN, young turks, or rush
limbaugh.

bob