Gublis

rec.sport.tennis

Jul 6, 2017, 11:27:49 AM7/6/17
Back from the dead, Gulbis beats Del Potro is straight sets.

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 6, 2017, 3:30:49 PM7/6/17
Le jeudi 6 juillet 2017 17:27:49 UTC+2, rec.sport.tennis a écrit :
> Back from the dead, Gulbis beats Del Potro is straight sets.

Yep, saw that one, clinical win.
Not sure how fit DelPotro was, yet Gulbis just ousted him without any shadow of a doubt.
More impressive from EG: he didn't let his own self slip out this match, kept both focus and gameplan.

Bharath Purohit

Jul 6, 2017, 4:22:39 PM7/6/17
How many games can gulbis take from Djokovic?

PeteWasLucky

Jul 6, 2017, 4:32:47 PM7/6/17
> How many games can gulbis take from Djokovic?

Maybe three sets

TT

Jul 6, 2017, 4:50:47 PM7/6/17
PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 6.7.2017 klo 23:32:
>> How many games can gulbis take from Djokovic?
>
> Maybe three sets

Nah, got whores to bang.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 6, 2017, 4:57:34 PM7/6/17
> Nah, got whores to bang

Maybe he got bored and he is banging the tennis ball instead

TT

Jul 6, 2017, 5:11:21 PM7/6/17
PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 6.7.2017 klo 23:57:
>> Nah, got whores to bang
>
> Maybe he got bored and he is banging the tennis ball instead

Perv

Shakes

Jul 6, 2017, 7:42:29 PM7/6/17
LOL !

Whisper

Jul 7, 2017, 5:05:23 AM7/7/17
On 7/07/2017 6:32 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> How many games can gulbis take from Djokovic?
>
> Maybe three sets

Maybe. Djoker has had puzzling losses in last few slams so Gulbis is as
good a chance as anyone, especially in this form.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 7, 2017, 5:09:06 AM7/7/17
Yeah, those whores aren't going to bang themselves. Then again....

Whisper

Jul 7, 2017, 5:10:55 AM7/7/17
On 7/07/2017 6:57 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> Nah, got whores to bang
>
> Maybe he got bored and he is banging the tennis ball instead

....and Tomic is the opposite, bored of banging the ball so give the
whores a go?

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 7, 2017, 7:18:10 AM7/7/17
And we've gone full circle :-)
Not a bad idea, by the way, might help Bernard to release some pressure.

Given both style when playing tennis, I've enjoyed a lot more watching Gulbis.
Same for interviews, Gulbis is a lot better.
Funnier, and accurate about some hitching points like tennis becoming too unequally played (roof + lights + hawkeye + commercial breaks, and so on)

Whisper

Jul 7, 2017, 10:19:56 AM7/7/17
Yes Gulbis is a great character. Pity he isn't more
dedicated/consistent. Doesn't hold back in his comments - dissed
Fed/Rafa many times. Plus he has a lot of talent.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 7, 2017, 9:40:18 PM7/7/17
:))))))))))

[Kehoe back in his chair still laughing]

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 7, 2017, 9:41:32 PM7/7/17
On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 2:09:06 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:

> >> Maybe three sets
> >>

> > Nah, got whores to bang.
> >

> Yeah, those whores aren't going to bang themselves. Then again....

:)))))))))))))))

Outrageous thread...

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 7, 2017, 9:46:19 PM7/7/17
I remember seeing/reading, about 7 or 8 years ago, that Gulbis' father was worth over 150 million... so... there's that...

ahonkan

Jul 8, 2017, 3:53:37 AM7/8/17
On Saturday, 8 July 2017 07:16:19 UTC+5:30, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> I remember seeing/reading, about 7 or 8 years ago, that Gulbis' father was worth over 150 million... so... there's that...

So he's 'Just like Tomic, but with talent'?

MBDunc

Jul 8, 2017, 6:02:43 AM7/8/17
On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 12:05:23 PM UTC+3, Whisper wrote:
> On 7/07/2017 6:32 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> >> How many games can gulbis take from Djokovic?
> >
> > Maybe three sets
> >

> Maybe. Djoker has had puzzling losses in last few slams so Gulbis is as
> good a chance as anyone, especially in this form.

Gulbis beat Fed at FO (2014), so he knows how to pull upsets.

.mikko

RaspingDrive

Jul 8, 2017, 3:46:14 PM7/8/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 11:27:49 AM UTC-4, rec.sport.tennis wrote:
> Back from the dead, Gulbis beats Del Potro is straight sets.

Useless player. Poor FH.

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 8, 2017, 7:23:52 PM7/8/17
Quite not, because Tomic has mostly been crying on his own self.
I never read something he said about the game in general, or how last few years had favored top players way too much.

Talent wise too, I my opinion, the gap is quite large.
And the aussie is far behind.

Court_1

Jul 9, 2017, 1:22:35 AM7/9/17
Yes, completely useless. You can't tell a thing about Djokovic's form after playing the awful Gulbis. Next Djokovic gets Mannarino. That will be another slaughter by Djokovic. Djokovic has the easiest draw by far out of the Big Four players. Hopefully that will backfire on him when he gets to the real competition. :)

TT

Jul 9, 2017, 1:25:12 AM7/9/17
Well, has any of the big four faced so far a decent opponent...

Court_1

Jul 9, 2017, 1:27:28 AM7/9/17
Gulbis sucks. He's no better than Khachanov, M.Zverev, Fognini etc.

TT

Jul 9, 2017, 1:31:02 AM7/9/17
So that's a 'no'. No reason to complain about easy draw then...

Court_1

Jul 9, 2017, 3:04:38 AM7/9/17
Djokovic has the easiest path to the SF imo. If he hand-selected the players for this draw these are some of the players he would select. I hope Djokovic and Federer both make it to the SF because I want to see Federer beat the probably undercooked Djokovic.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 9, 2017, 4:19:17 PM7/9/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 5:27:49 PM UTC+2, rec.sport.tennis wrote:
> Back from the dead, Gulbis beats Del Potro is straight sets.

Good old Gubly!

Mxa