Contest picks Wimbledon 2015...

DavidW

Jun 29, 2015, 7:10:30 AM6/29/15
...are up at
http://home.pacific.net.au/~davidw/tennis/contest/rst_2015sp_WM.html

Please check that yours are there and correct.

Selection counts:
Novak Djokovic 23
Andy Murray 17
Roger Federer 11
Stanislas Wawrinka 4
Kei Nishikori 2
Rafael Nadal 2
Jack Sock 1
Milos Raonic 1
Nick Kyrgios 1

Serena Williams 25
Petra Kvitova 14
Sabine Lisicki 7
Maria Sharapova 3
Caroline Wozniacki 2
Madison Keys 2
Angelique Kerber 1
Ekaterina Makarova 1
Eugenie Bouchard 1
Karolina Pliskova 1
Lucie Safarova 1
Simona Halep 1
Timea Bacsinszky 1
Venus Williams 1

acebh...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 7:50:01 AM6/29/15
Wawrinka selected by many here? And only 2 for Rafa?😢

TennisGuy

Jun 29, 2015, 2:09:35 PM6/29/15
On 6/29/2015 7:49 AM, acebh...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wawrinka selected by many here? And only 2 for Rafa?😢

On the contrary.

No one selected Waw to win.

Two selected Rafa to win.

Court_1

Jun 29, 2015, 2:26:25 PM6/29/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 2:09:35 PM UTC-4, TennisGuy wrote:

> No one selected Waw to win.

He has a shot, there is no doubt about it. He has a great draw and he looks strong out there.

If he does not make the SF I would be surprised.

Fednatic

Jun 30, 2015, 1:25:25 AM6/30/15
I wouldn't !!!

acebh...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2015, 2:01:38 AM6/30/15
TT didnt participate this time, this is the first time i've seen him not participating in a Hops contest... TT is David Ferrer of our group 😂

DavidW

Jun 30, 2015, 5:26:27 AM6/30/15
Where are your contest picks? No Hazel and no TT in this Wimbledon contest.

Whisper

Jun 30, 2015, 5:34:49 AM6/30/15
They got mono.

Fednatic

Jun 30, 2015, 6:14:51 AM6/30/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:34:45 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
Not mono but the big C. Having chemo and terrible fatigue.

http://www.curetoday.com/articles/adjusted-regimen-of-abraxane-and-gemzar-less-toxic-in-pancreatic-cancer

Whisper

Jun 30, 2015, 6:38:43 AM6/30/15
Pancreatic?

Very sorry to hear that : (

I thought you've been a bit quiet lately.

Now I hope Fed beats Rafa at Wimbledon.

Are you coping ok & have family support etc?

Fednatic

Jun 30, 2015, 7:22:21 AM6/30/15
It's harder on my wife than me. It's times like this when you find out
who" really" cares for you. Hundreds of people praying for me and
friends pitching in driving me to the clinic and bringing us food. I
see God's footprints all around me through them. I have triple DVT in
my right leg and had a stroke that affected the left occipital lobe
and affected my vision. I can't see things on my top right side. They
discovered this with a humphrey field test. I have to inject blood
thinners in my stomach every day (Tinzaparin) so its all full of
bruises. I hate this part the most.

They are going to do DNA sequencing of my cancer cells as part of a
trial I have registered for so it will be easier to search and find
something that may work with my particular type of cancer if the
standard stuff does not. Fortunately most of the top doctors here are
my close friends In fact it was my friend and angel Gabriel (the
messenger) who discovered my cancer quite by accident. He actually
found a gallstone and sent me for a CT scan and that's when they
spotted the AC on the pancreas.

Talk about an instant life changing experience ! Immediately I knew
what Jesus felt like in front of Pontius Pilate. My Pilate being the
guy who did my endoscopic ultrasound biopsy and later gave me the bad
news and then washed his hands of it.

I thank God for my Faith and my church because they are sustaining me
now and why I have no fear of death. I fear the process of death a bit
because I have never done it before and just like the first time you
swim or ride a bike you are apprehensive about it and a bit scared
having never done it before. Death is no different in that aspect but
at the moment of death I know where I will be going - straight into
the arms of Jesus - who loves me beyond belief and who died for me so
that I too might have eternal life.

Only a real "miracle" can save me and of course we pray for that but
sometimes healing is not the best thing for the soul. So we'll let God
be God. He knows best. He also knows who will win W 2015 ! I also hope
it is Fed of course but he will not be playing Rafa in the final. Rafa
is going out early again ! He's become something of a "turd" on grass,
no?

Whisper

Jun 30, 2015, 7:39:13 AM6/30/15
to Fednatic
On 30/06/2015 9:22 PM, Fednatic wrote:

>>> Not mono but the big C. Having chemo and terrible fatigue.
>>>
>>> http://www.curetoday.com/articles/adjusted-regimen-of-abraxane-and-gemzar-less-toxic-in-pancreatic-cancer
>>>

>> Pancreatic?
>>
>> Very sorry to hear that : (
>>
>> I thought you've been a bit quiet lately.
>>
>> Now I hope Fed beats Rafa at Wimbledon.
>>
>> Are you coping ok & have family support etc?
>

> It's harder on my wife than me. It's times like this when you find out
> who" really" cares for you. Hundreds of people praying for me and
> friends pitching in driving me to the clinic and bringing us food. I
> see God's footprints all around me through them. I have triple DVT in
> my right leg and had a stroke that affected the left occipital lobe
> and affected my vision. I can't see things on my top right side. They
> discovered this with a humphrey field test. I have to inject blood
> thinners in my stomach every day (Tinzaparin) so its all full of
> bruises. I hate this part the most.

The older we get the more likely we'll get something nasty. It could be
1 of 100 ailments. We all know that intellectually/logically we'll get
something as the cells decay, but still until you actually get it it's
an abstract idea that always seems to be in the future.

> They are going to do DNA sequencing of my cancer cells as part of a
> trial I have registered for so it will be easier to search and find
> something that may work with my particular type of cancer if the
> standard stuff does not. Fortunately most of the top doctors here are
> my close friends In fact it was my friend and angel Gabriel (the
> messenger) who discovered my cancer quite by accident. He actually
> found a gallstone and sent me for a CT scan and that's when they
> spotted the AC on the pancreas.
>
> Talk about an instant life changing experience ! Immediately I knew
> what Jesus felt like in front of Pontius Pilate. My Pilate being the
> guy who did my endoscopic ultrasound biopsy and later gave me the bad
> news and then washed his hands of it.
>
> I thank God for my Faith and my church because they are sustaining me
> now and why I have no fear of death. I fear the process of death a bit
> because I have never done it before and just like the first time you
> swim or ride a bike you are apprehensive about it and a bit scared
> having never done it before. Death is no different in that aspect but
> at the moment of death I know where I will be going - straight into
> the arms of Jesus - who loves me beyond belief and who died for me so
> that I too might have eternal life.

No doubt. Cut all the BS from your life & just focus on what you enjoy
& what's important to you. For most people that's having good heart to
heart conversations/interactions with family/friends.

My father is facing his mortality right now. The docs can't do anything
for him - all they say is 'I don't know how you're still walking around'
etc. He's a staunch catholic & is in church every sunday.

> Only a real "miracle" can save me and of course we pray for that but
> sometimes healing is not the best thing for the soul. So we'll let God
> be God. He knows best. He also knows who will win W 2015 ! I also hope
> it is Fed of course but he will not be playing Rafa in the final. Rafa
> is going out early again ! He's become something of a "turd" on grass,
> no?

Wimbledon is not exactly a bumrooters's paradise, so Rafa may well be
shitting himself when he comes across the bigger hitters.

Guypers

Jun 30, 2015, 8:47:15 AM6/30/15
Holy fork in the road Hazelman,
Sorry to hear that, some serious shit, take care, wow,
Shouldn't even strike a Nadal fan!

Fednatic

Jun 30, 2015, 9:39:23 AM6/30/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:39:07 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
so am I.

jdeluise

Jun 30, 2015, 10:15:54 AM6/30/15
Fednatic <fedn...@gmail.com> writes:

> Not mono but the big C. Having chemo and terrible fatigue.
>
> http://www.curetoday.com/articles/adjusted-regimen-of-abraxane-and-gemzar-less-toxic-in-pancreatic-cancer

Sorry to hear it. I witnessed a family member go through this and it
was very difficult. Stay strong.

centr...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2015, 10:08:17 PM6/30/15
Fednatic
God bless you

Shakes

Jul 1, 2015, 12:12:44 AM7/1/15
Really sorry to hear that. I think you're being really brave about it.

Guypers

Apr 14, 2016, 5:21:48 PM4/14/16
Was the end for Haxelman??

Scott

Apr 14, 2016, 7:21:50 PM4/14/16
Fednatic, sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

A lot of researchers today say that chemo is ineffective. Meanwhile, medical marijuana is receiving a lot of favorable reviews as a treatment against C. I know the med marijuana is what I would try first.

Keep up the hope.