Chris Evert is so goddamn annoying

krisr...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 11:26:33 AM7/13/17
Does she think she is Venus' grand mom? And why does she always keep talking about what players are feeling on court. How does she know? Is she a psychiatrist. What a mom she is... so annoying.

Carey

Jul 13, 2017, 11:35:28 AM7/13/17
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:26:33 AM UTC-7, krisr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Does she think she is Venus' grand mom? And why does she always keep talking about what players are feeling on court. How does she know? Is she a psychiatrist. What a mom she is... so annoying.

And most of all, for me: WTF is with the 'Chrissie' bit?
Good dog, the used-up old thing is in her sixties...

Gracchus

Jul 13, 2017, 11:49:30 AM7/13/17
So I guess they should start calling Jimmy Connors "James" now, or does this age rule only apply to women?

Carey

Jul 13, 2017, 11:56:57 AM7/13/17
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:49:30 AM UTC-7, Gracchus wrote:

> > And most of all, for me: WTF is with the 'Chrissie' bit?
> > Good dog, the used-up old thing is in her sixties...
>
> So I guess they should start calling Jimmy Connors "James" now, or does this age rule only apply to women?

She was 'Chris' for the 30 years or so, unlike Connors.

But do go on with the false analogy...

Gracchus

Jul 13, 2017, 12:17:56 PM7/13/17
Fellow players and friends have always called her both, but since her default name is Chris, point taken. How about this, then--Steffi Graf. Will there be a cut-off age where she's no longer allowed to be "Steffi" because it's too young for her?

I mean, I agree about Evert being an extremely annoying commentator, but I'm trying to understand why "Chrissie" bothers you more than anything else.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 13, 2017, 1:36:26 PM7/13/17
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:35:28 AM UTC-7, Carey wrote:
ESPN decided 4 years ago that for the sake of 'clarity' that Chris McKendrie (host) would be referred on air as 'Chris' and Chris Evert would be called "Chrissie"... and they spoke about it too...

Carey

Jul 13, 2017, 1:59:01 PM7/13/17
OK, I didn't know that. Still, 'Chrissie' makes Evert sound like an ingenue.

As if.

soccerfan777

Jul 13, 2017, 2:24:45 PM7/13/17
What is more annoying Chrissie or Missy?

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 13, 2017, 3:58:04 PM7/13/17
Difference is that "Steffi" sounds like a, say, 25-year-old beautiful woman while "Chrissie" has something of a 13-year-old brat about it.

Max

ahonkan

Jul 14, 2017, 1:23:13 AM7/14/17
The 'Chrissie' thing was coined by late Bud Collins, who used to conduct
inane interviews by the courtside wearing outrageous clothes.
I remember one exchange when Bud Colling thrust the mic in front of
Evert's face after yet another beatdown by Martina and asked the silly
question: "Chrissie, how are you feeling right now?" and Evert replied,
"Well, how do you think I am feeling?"

Bud was sweet on Evert and called her "America's sweetheart".