Ranking helped Murray to reach the final

PeteWasLucky

Jan 29, 2016, 9:22:10 AM1/29/16

And got Federer to play djokovic early, otherwise he would be
in the finals.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Darkfalz

Jan 31, 2016, 4:38:10 PM1/31/16
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 1:22:10 AM UTC+11, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> --
> And got Federer to play djokovic early, otherwise he would be
> in the finals.

Isn't this what ranking/seeding is meant to do?

Murray was lucky to win against Raonic.

Shakes

Jan 31, 2016, 4:39:28 PM1/31/16
True, but that's how seedings work. 1 and 2 are always on the opposite sides of the draw.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2016, 8:19:15 PM1/31/16
Raonic in that form and if he hadn't been injured probably would have defeated everybody with the exception of Djokovic. I think Raonic would have probably defeated Federer too if they met in the final.

Shakes

Jan 31, 2016, 8:23:44 PM1/31/16
I don't think Raonic would've defeated Fed, should they have met.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2016, 8:49:29 PM1/31/16
Right. Just like most people thought Cilic wouldn't beat Fed at the USO.
I think Raonic was zoning and I think he may have blasted Fed off the court in four.

We'll never know and will have to wait to see their future matches and if Raonic can stay healthy.

Guypers

Jan 31, 2016, 8:51:59 PM1/31/16
Raonic II is impressive indeed!

Court_1

Jan 31, 2016, 8:55:24 PM1/31/16
Right? You're pretty good at being able to pick out winners of matches. Don't you think, the Raonic you saw at the AO 2016 would have had a good chance vs Federer?

Shakes

Jan 31, 2016, 9:07:43 PM1/31/16
On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 5:49:29 PM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 8:23:44 PM UTC-5, Shakes wrote:

> > I don't think Raonic would've defeated Fed, should they have met.
>
> Right. Just like most people thought Cilic wouldn't beat Fed at the USO.
> I think Raonic was zoning and I think he may have blasted Fed off the court > in four.

Well, they play completely different styles. For a S/V player to take Fed out in a best-of-5 in the F of a slam (at least outside of grass), he has to be a really good player who's zoned in on the day. And while Raonic is certainly playing S/V well, he's not at that level yet.

> We'll never know and will have to wait to see their future matches and if Raonic can stay healthy.

I can see it happen at Wim.

ahonkan

Feb 1, 2016, 4:35:48 AM2/1/16
I think Fed's (indeed everybody's) goal is to get to #2 to delay the
inevitable face-off with Djoker until the final. If Murray goes into
his annual post-AO-final-loss-funk, Fed could get back to #2 before
Murray learns to change diapers. (I think Murray The Feminist will
go on a Paternity Leave and return to play when allowed by Kim :-))

jdeluise

Feb 1, 2016, 1:54:21 PM2/1/16
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Right? You're pretty good at being able to pick out winners of
> matches. Don't you think, the Raonic you saw at the AO 2016 would have
> had a good chance vs Federer?

We always hear that though... 2014 at Wimbledon was the same deal and
Fed smacked him down even harder than before. Don't be a crazy fan just
because you like Milos and feel patriotic in supporting him.

Court_1

Feb 1, 2016, 7:12:48 PM2/1/16
On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 1:54:21 PM UTC-5, jdeluise wrote:
I'm the furthest thing from a crazy fan. IMO Raonic at this AO was looking good enough to beat everybody except Djokovic. I'm with ahonkan on this one. The two players from the younger generations who look to have the most potential at the moment are Raonic and Kyrgios if Kyrgios can better his attitude and work ethic (big ifs.) The rest of the players from the younger generations don't look like anything special to me, at least not yet.

I am totally enjoying Milos' improvements and attacking style. How many grinders can we watch? That Djokovic/Simon match was hideous, like a grinder's paradise. The fact that Milos is from Toronto is an added bonus.

AZ

Feb 1, 2016, 10:42:21 PM2/1/16
Doubling down like Trump. Love it.

Whisper

Feb 2, 2016, 5:10:29 AM2/2/16
I hope to see more of this new Milos - might be some good stuff at
Wimbledon for him?