Sharapova denied wild card for the French

SliceAndDice

May 16, 2017, 1:58:50 PM5/16/17
Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 2:04:54 PM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-7, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Yep.

Court_1

May 16, 2017, 2:16:50 PM5/16/17
I don't think it's a good decision. She served 15 months. How long did doper Cilic serve? 4 months and then wasn't he given wildcards into events including at slams?

TT

May 16, 2017, 2:32:07 PM5/16/17
16.5.2017, 20:58, SliceAndDice kirjoitti:
> Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Bad decision for the audience.

Guypers

May 16, 2017, 2:44:36 PM5/16/17
French are a weird bunch! They made Borg play in the qualifiers and double the gate prices, and Borg promptly withdrew, 83? Char trier the man in charge??

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 3:11:32 PM5/16/17
Well that's true. They're deprived of the chance to heckle her.

TT

May 16, 2017, 3:20:24 PM5/16/17
To drool her, rather.

Shakes

May 16, 2017, 3:45:04 PM5/16/17
Yes, and then she could've shouted at them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNPYU4TZBb4&t=0m29s

soccerfan777

May 16, 2017, 5:59:05 PM5/16/17
I have no problem with her playing the qualies. She can at least now shut her detractors by focussing on winning than controversies

Court_1

May 16, 2017, 6:33:20 PM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 5:59:05 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:

> I have no problem with her playing the qualies. She can at least now shut her detractors by focussing on winning than controversies

She's not playing at the FO period. She didn't get a WC into the FO main draw or for qualifying and she's not ranked high enough to make the cut for qualifying at the FO. On top of all that, she apparently injured herself today in Rome in her match vs Lucic-Baroni.

stephenJ

May 16, 2017, 7:49:58 PM5/16/17
On 5/16/2017 12:58 PM, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Terrible decision. No Serena, and now no Sharapova? What reason is there
to watch?

---

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 7:59:52 PM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 4:49:58 PM UTC-7, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/16/2017 12:58 PM, SliceAndDice wrote:

> > Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

> Terrible decision. No Serena, and now no Sharapova? What reason is there
> to watch?

Bouchard!

arahim

May 16, 2017, 8:05:36 PM5/16/17
Didn't make the cut at Rome due to rankings and didn't wan to play the qualifiers...

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 8:52:30 PM5/16/17
Well there goes that then.

soccerfan777

May 16, 2017, 9:05:27 PM5/16/17
Wow fucking bad that she can't even qualify!!! She is a two time champion FFS!

That is ridiculous. They got pressured, the French wimps. Hopefully the Brits have some common sense.

soccerfan777

May 16, 2017, 9:06:05 PM5/16/17
No Federer or Sharapova. The French are gonna lose a lot of money.

Jason White

May 16, 2017, 9:32:18 PM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-7, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Right. While cheats like Simone Biles get away with things via "doctor's note."

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 9:58:33 PM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6:05:27 PM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:

> Wow fucking bad that she can't even qualify!!! She is a two time champion FFS!

> That is ridiculous. They got pressured, the French wimps. Hopefully the Brits have some common sense.

If the Brits give her another slap in the face, maybe then she'll get the message and retire. Many thousands of ears will thank her.

*skriptis

May 16, 2017, 10:30:03 PM5/16/17
soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Wow fucking bad that she can't even qualify!!! She is a two time champion FFS!
>
> That is ridiculous. They got pressured, the French wimps. Hopefully the Brits have some common sense.

I don't think they're pressured in any way. Who could pressure
them? Bouchard or Mladenovic? lol

I think it's their usual non pragmatic mindset, as opposed to
British pragmatism you mention. French like to boast with their
self-righteousness.

That's why you have e.g. Macron winning even in the Parisian
neighbourhood of last year's terrorist attacks. Jihadists
immigrants kill almost 100 people and the neighbourhood votes for
more immigration. ;)

So, asking common sense from them might be asking too much.

Now Macron won, you have to be naive to think she'd get a wild
card for FO from these guys with all the anti-Russian hysteria
there that's now going to be even more official policy under him.

Sharapova is an easy target, being actually guilty of doping usage
in the past and being a Russian (meaning evil) too. An
opportunity for them to show off with their righteousness, ideals
and principles, totally ignoring real life.

In the end, it's their tournament, their choice whom to give
wildcards.

But as you say, British would have given her a wild card. ITF
doesn't forbid giving wildcards to formerly banned players and as
long as that is the rule, and since it's better to have stars in
the draw, than not, pragmatic treatment director would do it.

If the banned players served their time, and there is no rule to
say it's forbidden, it's a common sense to give a wild card to a
great player that attracts viewers.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

calim...@gmx.de

May 16, 2017, 10:56:02 PM5/16/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 4:30:03 AM UTC+2, *skriptis wrote:
> soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> > Wow fucking bad that she can't even qualify!!! She is a two time champion FFS!
> >
> > That is ridiculous. They got pressured, the French wimps. Hopefully the Brits have some common sense.
>

> I don't think they're pressured in any way. Who could pressure
> them? Bouchard or Mladenovic? lol
>
> I think it's their usual non pragmatic mindset, as opposed to
> British pragmatism you mention. French like to boast with their
> self-righteousness.
>
> That's why you have e.g. Macron winning even in the Parisian
> neighbourhood of last year's terrorist attacks. Jihadists
> immigrants kill almost 100 people and the neighbourhood votes for
> more immigration. ;)

Wow, people who have been attacked by islamofascists vote against fascists. That's really a surprise ...

> So, asking common sense from them might be asking too much.
>

> Now Macron won, you have to be naive to think she'd get a wild
> card for FO from these guys with all the anti-Russian hysteria
> there that's now going to be even more official policy under him.
>

> Sharapova is an easy target, being actually guilty of doping usage
> in the past and being a Russian (meaning evil) too. An
> opportunity for them to show off with their righteousness, ideals
> and principles, totally ignoring real life.
>
> In the end, it's their tournament, their choice whom to give
> wildcards.
>

> But as you say, British would have given her a wild card. ITF
> doesn't forbid giving wildcards to formerly banned players and as
> long as that is the rule, and since it's better to have stars in
> the draw, than not, pragmatic treatment director would do it.
>

> If the banned players served their time, and there is no rule to
> say it's forbidden, it's a common sense to give a wild card to a
> great player that attracts viewers.

Screamerova a "great" player .. ?

Lol ...

Max

calim...@gmx.de

May 16, 2017, 10:56:50 PM5/16/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 3:06:05 AM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
> No Federer or Sharapova. The French are gonna lose a lot of money.

How this?

Max

*skriptis

May 17, 2017, 12:01:03 AM5/17/17
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
> On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 4:30:03 AM UTC+2, *skriptis wrote:
>> soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> > Wow fucking bad that she can't even qualify!!! She is a two time champion FFS!
>> >
>> > That is ridiculous. They got pressured, the French wimps. Hopefully the Brits have some common sense.
>>

>> I don't think they're pressured in any way. Who could pressure
>> them? Bouchard or Mladenovic? lol
>>
>> I think it's their usual non pragmatic mindset, as opposed to
>> British pragmatism you mention. French like to boast with their
>> self-righteousness.
>>
>> That's why you have e.g. Macron winning even in the Parisian
>> neighbourhood of last year's terrorist attacks. Jihadists
>> immigrants kill almost 100 people and the neighbourhood votes for
>> more immigration. ;)
>

> Wow, people who have been attacked by islamofascists vote against fascists. That's really a surprise ...

Fascists are radical. Kinda.
Nothing radical with Le Pen.

Their voters had following options.

1. Extremely fast suicidal policy
-200 thousands immigrants imported per year, done presently and
advocated by Macron to continue. France is 1% less French every
year.

2. Slow suicidal policy
-10 thousands immigrants imported per year advocated by Le Pen.
Same course, just slower.

No one offered

3. Moderate policy
-halting immigration and determining, thinking more deeply and
thoroughly why are immigrants even necessary, what the fuck is
going on with the natives, why don't they reproduce sufficiently,
what's bothering them, economically, socially, morally and
helping them and helping society as a whole to function, to
maintain itself.

4. Radical, fascist policy
-Everything under 3) plus expelling immigrants, because well,
fascist would do that too.

5. Criminal, nazi policy
-everything under 3 plus killing immigrants.

I consider myself a moderate on these issues. And of each of those
policies, 1, 2 and 4, 5 is criminal in its own way.

So Le Pen was just little less crooked than Macron.

Does anyone seriously expect a 39-year old guy with 64-year-old
wife to have a capacity, both moral and spiritual depth, to think
in those basic human terms of self-preservation, values of life,
maintenance, reproduction and adherence to natural
laws?

Both leaders of present day Germany and France are two individuals
who have no offsprings of their own.

Europe has degenerated and is dying. Literally.

Whisper

May 17, 2017, 7:09:44 AM5/17/17
On 17/05/2017 3:58 AM, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Good decision imo. Good on the French for not playing favorites and bending over for the Ice Queen.

Seriously it's a completely retarded decision.

Even if you believe Shara is 100% drug cheat, she has paid her dues & is
out of suspension. The game has an obligation to allow the best players
to compete for the biggest titles.

Fota

May 17, 2017, 9:02:25 AM5/17/17
I thought that, as a former FO champion she would have the right to a wildcard. I remember reading some years ago that former US Open champions can DEMAND a wildcard. I don't know if that's true or not.

SliceAndDice

May 17, 2017, 10:04:30 AM5/17/17
No one is talking about banning her from the sport, except maybe Bouchard. But by cheating and bringing shame to the sport as one of its best known representatives, she has been denied the *privilege* of getting a wildcard and has to work her way through qualification like anyone else. In this case, she has not built up enough points to play the qualies. I think it is an ethically sound decision.

From a monetary perspective, it is probably a terrible move but the French have never been the most capitalist people in the world. :)

SliceAndDice

May 17, 2017, 10:05:52 AM5/17/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 2:16:50 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
> I don't think it's a good decision. She served 15 months. How long did doper Cilic serve? 4 months and then wasn't he given wildcards into events including at slams?

I am not completely familiar with the Cilic case, but two wrongs do not make a right. Are you insinuating that there is a gender bias here? :)

TT

May 17, 2017, 1:03:03 PM5/17/17
17.5.2017, 2:49, stephenJ kirjoitti:
> No Serena, and now no Sharapova? What reason is there to watch?

E.T.

TT

May 17, 2017, 1:03:20 PM5/17/17
Fuck hard?

Court_1

May 17, 2017, 3:36:13 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 10:05:52 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Are you insinuating that there is a gender bias here? :)

I'm doing more than insinuating. :)

nish...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 8:35:41 PM5/17/17
Not everyone wins 22 slams. 5 slams is very good. Hingis won the same.