Hey TT, have you seen this movie called Gloomy Sunday?

Raja, The Great

Dec 14, 2010, 6:29:17 PM12/14/10
This is one of the few serious romantic movies I like apart from
Casablanca. This has a similar tone, but gloomier! And the heroine
(Hungarian actress - Erika Marozsán) is as beautiful and talented as
Ingrid Bergman if not more.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gloomy_sunday/

TT

Dec 15, 2010, 1:06:07 PM12/15/10
On 15.12.2010 1:29, Raja, The Great wrote:
> This is one of the few serious romantic movies I like apart from
> Casablanca. This has a similar tone, but gloomier! And the heroine
> (Hungarian actress - Erika Marozs�n) is as beautiful and talented as

> Ingrid Bergman if not more.
>
> http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gloomy_sunday/

Nope, not seen it.

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

John P

Dec 16, 2010, 2:30:25 PM12/16/10
Excellent movie. Gorgeous lead actress.

billy

Dec 16, 2010, 11:04:19 PM12/16/10

HIJRA!

Whisper

Dec 17, 2010, 6:11:48 AM12/17/10
On 16/12/2010 5:06 AM, TT wrote:
> On 15.12.2010 1:29, Raja, The Great wrote:
>> This is one of the few serious romantic movies I like apart from
>> Casablanca. This has a similar tone, but gloomier! And the heroine
>> (Hungarian actress - Erika Marozsán) is as beautiful and talented as

>> Ingrid Bergman if not more.
>>
>> http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gloomy_sunday/
>
> Nope, not seen it.

That's the 'Mash' theme right?

Didn't the suicide rate go up when this song came out?

Raja, The Great

Dec 18, 2010, 12:09:26 AM12/18/10
On Dec 16, 11:30 am, JT...@webtv.net (John P) wrote:
> Excellent movie.  Gorgeous lead actress.

Cool someone else has watched it:)

Raja, The Great

Dec 18, 2010, 10:16:53 PM12/18/10
This movie is one of the longest running movies...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloomy_Sunday_-_Ein_Lied_von_Liebe_und_Tod

It is inaccurately claimed to be the world's longest running film[1]
because it has screened nightly since 2001 at the boutique Academy
Cinemas in the Christchurch Arts Centre in New Zealand.[2] However,
Indian film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (15 years)[3] and Harold and
Maude (32 years)[citation needed] both have longer runs.
The movie ran daily for 70 consecutive weeks at the West Newton Cinema
in West Newton, Massachusetts.[4]

John P

Dec 19, 2010, 12:52:16 PM12/19/10
Whisper,

No, I don't think the Gloomy Sunday song was the MASH theme, but the
suicide rate reportedly did go up because of the GS song.

John P

Dec 19, 2010, 12:55:50 PM12/19/10
Raja,

I don't know how you came to see Gloomy Sunday because I don't think it
was ever released commercially in the US. I saw it thanks to a Jewish
film festival.

Raja, The Great

Dec 19, 2010, 1:41:47 PM12/19/10

i saw it on Netflix thru my blu ray.

Superdave

Dec 19, 2010, 8:46:38 PM12/19/10

r u a yid?

Raja, The Great

Dec 20, 2010, 12:03:38 AM12/20/10
On Dec 19, 9:55 am, JT...@webtv.net (John P) wrote:

She is a talented singer too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ITsdZYubY&feature=related

Fan

Dec 20, 2010, 2:30:57 AM12/20/10

Raja, The Great

Dec 21, 2010, 12:57:03 AM12/21/10

What is so funny?

John P

Dec 22, 2010, 9:07:40 PM12/22/10
fan,

why is what I said about seeing Gloomy Sunday at a Jewish film festival
funny?

jdeluise

Dec 22, 2010, 9:18:41 PM12/22/10

Because Fan is a racist. Haven't you noticed?

Fan

Dec 22, 2010, 9:57:24 PM12/22/10

I looked up what wiki had about her after you mentioned the Jewish
film festival

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Marozs%C3%A1n

The funny part is that they conjured up a Jewish grandmother to make
her Jewish. She is not Jewish or if she is Jewish Hitler is Jewish
also.

Fan

Dec 22, 2010, 9:58:22 PM12/22/10

To a zionazi such as you it is racist to consider Palestinians human

jdeluise

Dec 22, 2010, 10:09:51 PM12/22/10

On 22-Dec-2010, Fan <Turnag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> To a zionazi such as you it is racist to consider Palestinians human

I doubt you care one iota about the Palestinians (though I do), you just use
their plight to spread hatred. This is one of your typical ploys and is
quite transparent if you ask me.

Superdave

Dec 22, 2010, 10:25:48 PM12/22/10

my heart aches for the palestinians.

Fan

Dec 23, 2010, 2:46:40 AM12/23/10
On Dec 23, 4:09 am, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:

We should all hate the slaughter of children by the hundreds and
putting 1-1/2 million people in a concentration camp. Those, such as
you who do not hate such racist, barbaric acts are no better than
those who commit them.
Speaking up for the Palestinians and condemning those who murder and
abuse them, steal their lands and organs is helping the Palestinians
if enough people says enough. It is enough!
If you were treated as bad as the zionazis treat the Palestinians you
would want people speak out for you also.
Silence is assisting the murderers.

Raja, The Great

Dec 23, 2010, 6:42:07 PM12/23/10

Why don't you take your political nonsense to the
alt.douche.bag.politics.lovers newsgroup?

Fan

Dec 23, 2010, 7:28:57 PM12/23/10
> alt.douche.bag.politics.lovers newsgroup?-

The Indian professors and PhD candidates I have known would NOT want
to touch you

Raja, The Great

Dec 23, 2010, 9:16:20 PM12/23/10

When did I ask anyone to touch me?

Whisper

Dec 24, 2010, 12:25:59 AM12/24/10

You can't until the court order expires.