Muguruza

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 8, 2017, 5:10:37 PM7/8/17
Go Gabby!

:)

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 15, 2017, 10:48:09 AM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 2:10:37 PM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> Go Gabby!
>
> :)

Wow... she played so well, fearless and great depth for so much of that final... Kudos to her!

Whisper

Jul 15, 2017, 10:49:45 AM7/15/17
Yes, she was going to bust a gut every point no matter how long the
match took. She had to win in front of the Spanish king.

---
http://www.avg.com

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 11:19:29 AM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:49:45 PM UTC+2, Whisper wrote:
> On 16/07/2017 12:48 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 2:10:37 PM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> >> Go Gabby!
> >>
> >> :)

> > Wow... she played so well, fearless and great depth for so much of that final... Kudos to her!
> >

> Yes, she was going to bust a gut every point no matter how long the
> match took. She had to win in front of the Spanish king.

If Trump had been there Venus might have won.

Max

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 15, 2017, 12:41:35 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 7:49:45 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
> On 16/07/2017 12:48 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 2:10:37 PM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> >> Go Gabby!
> >>
> >> :)

> > Wow... she played so well, fearless and great depth for so much of that final... Kudos to her!
> >

> Yes, she was going to bust a gut every point no matter how long the
> match took. She had to win in front of the Spanish king.

She has been saying for a few years Rafa is her hero, his intensity, his point by point concentration being inspirational for her. That quality of her game shone through today.

Gracchus

Jul 15, 2017, 12:47:33 PM7/15/17
Had I known this, I might have rooted for Venus. ;)

Fortunately Muguruza didn't follow Rafa's example of getting dismissed by a journeyman in the 4th round.

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 15, 2017, 12:51:18 PM7/15/17
On 15/07/2017 15:49, Whisper wrote:
> On 16/07/2017 12:48 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 2:10:37 PM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>>> Go Gabby!
>>>
>>> :)

>> Wow... she played so well, fearless and great depth for so much of
>> that final... Kudos to her!
>>

> Yes, she was going to bust a gut every point no matter how long the
> match took. She had to win in front of the Spanish king.

Former King, he abdicated in 2014.

---

TT

Jul 15, 2017, 12:59:17 PM7/15/17
Congrats Mugu!

Gracchus

Jul 15, 2017, 1:07:53 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 9:51:18 AM UTC-7, Brian W Lawrence wrote:
> On 15/07/2017 15:49, Whisper wrote:

> > Yes, she was going to bust a gut every point no matter how long the
> > match took. She had to win in front of the Spanish king.

> Former King, he abdicated in 2014.

And obviously Muguruza wouldn't care about pleasing some has-been *former* king. I'm surprised she didn't flip him the finger.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 1:15:11 PM7/15/17
She is Spanish, not American.

Max

Guypers

Jul 15, 2017, 1:31:31 PM7/15/17
This king a sex addict, had 2000 conquests?

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 1:36:34 PM7/15/17
You mean Bill Clinton? He was never king.

Max

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 15, 2017, 2:19:37 PM7/15/17
Well, she was asked with whom she would most like to dance (among the players) at the champions dinner and she said: "Roger"... so... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7SvHCvjm5A

Guypers

Jul 15, 2017, 6:32:59 PM7/15/17

kaennorsing

Jul 15, 2017, 6:34:32 PM7/15/17
Op zaterdag 15 juli 2017 20:19:37 UTC+2 schreef Patrick Kehoe:
She's really lovely. I loved how she dealt with her nerves and misfiring forehands to start the match and kept enough pressure on Venus to finally run away with it like she did... Amazing! Hope she starts dominating the game now.

fymido...@yahoo.com

Jul 15, 2017, 7:42:22 PM7/15/17
Amazingly natural personality! Impossible not to like her.

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:17:26 AM7/16/17
I see some similarities with Ana Ivanovic.

ahonkan

Jul 16, 2017, 5:23:51 AM7/16/17
Everybody thought she was the real deal after reaching the Wimbledon final
in 2015 and winning the FO in 2016. But she suffered a puzzling loss of
form and went through some really bad losses where it seemed she liked to
throw the towel instead of fighting. It is great she won here and hope she
keeps it up. The women's game is too unpredictable w/o Serena and it is
doubtful how hungry Serena will be if/ when she returns.

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:51:31 AM7/16/17
Imo Serena wants to win 2 more slams to be the stand alone all time slam
queen. 25 singles slams seems to be a big enough number unlikely to be
threatened for a very long time, if ever.

arahim

Jul 16, 2017, 8:20:26 AM7/16/17
If the rest of the field continues like this one very dominant player can surpass it. Serena had tough opponents in the first half of her career.