Federer will win

Osama Bin Ladetorest

Jun 4, 2011, 6:26:51 PM6/4/11
If he played like he played against Djoker. But will he?

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 6:37:57 PM6/4/11
5.6.2011 1:26, Osama Bin Ladetorest kirjoitti:
> If he played like he played against Djoker. But will he?

He won't get a chance. He's playing Rafa. And no he won't. It could turn
out pretty ugly if Rafa brings his A-game, which he most likely will.

Osama Bin Ladetorest

Jun 4, 2011, 6:41:39 PM6/4/11

I say if both bring their A game, Rafa is toast

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 6:51:58 PM6/4/11

Well I hope you watch it...

If Rafa brings his A-game he's untouchable on the surface. Federer even
said about Rafa (after 2008 RG I think) that playing his game Rafa is
unbeatable on clay.

No excuses Raja that Fed choked/played poorly/is old etc. You can't make
such outrageous claims and then chicken out with excuses.

Osama Bin Ladetorest

Jun 4, 2011, 6:54:57 PM6/4/11

I never made any excuses for Lendl. You think I will make excuses for
Federer? If someone plays badly I would say they did, but it is not an
excuse. There is no excuse for playing bad.

Lendl did choke badly some slam finals. But it was his fault. He
didn't bring his A game on.

Osama Bin Ladetorest

Jun 4, 2011, 6:55:42 PM6/4/11
On Jun 4, 5:51 pm, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:
> 5.6.2011 1:41, Osama Bin Ladetorest kirjoitti:

> >> He won't get a chance. He's playing Rafa. And no he won't. It could turn
> >> out pretty ugly if Rafa brings his A-game, which he most likely will.
>
> > I say if both bring their A game, Rafa is toast
>
> Well I hope you watch it...

I have to catch a flight in the morning so probably wont be able to
watch it entirely. But I hope its a great final, the one that
surpasses the 1981 and 1984 ones.

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 6:57:45 PM6/4/11

So Fed didn't ever bring his A-game to RG final against Rafa?

What's the use having a superior A-game than Rafa on clay if you never
use it?

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 6:58:43 PM6/4/11

It'll probably be rather straightforward win for Rafa.

Sakari Lund

Jun 4, 2011, 7:02:14 PM6/4/11

Rafa winning is expected so no excuses needed. But I sure hope we
won't get some injury or whatever whining once again if there is a
surprise.

Raja, The Great

Jun 4, 2011, 7:01:28 PM6/4/11

Mental issues. Did Lendl bring his A game against Becker in slams? Did
Graf bring her A game against Sanchez Vicario in slams? Some opponents
get to you... But this time it will be different. Federer is a massive
underdog and he surely couldn't do worse than 2008.

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 7:04:23 PM6/4/11

Good. So we won't hear how Federer is old etc...

That'd be a first one!

TT

Jun 4, 2011, 7:08:55 PM6/4/11

Mental issues certainly would explain your opinion...
:-P

Manco

Jun 4, 2011, 7:26:06 PM6/4/11

6-1, 6-3, 6-0, pretty much. In about 80-85 mins.

bob

Jun 4, 2011, 8:47:11 PM6/4/11

rafa's had his A- game for a few months now.

bob

AliAsoag

Jun 4, 2011, 9:16:39 PM6/4/11

The difference is, we all know Fed is old and off-peak but we will
only know if Nadal is injured after the match depending on whether he
lost.

Gracchus

Jun 4, 2011, 9:40:24 PM6/4/11
On Jun 5, 5:41 am, Osama Bin Ladetorest <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I say if both bring their A game, Rafa is toast

As much as I would like to believe that, it isn't reality. They may be
playing on fast clay, but it is still clay. Doesn't matter that
Djokovic beat Nadal on clay and Federer beat Djokovic. Federer's one-
handed backhand can still be exploited by Nadal on this surface
particularly.

If Federer brings his A-game and manages to grab the first set, it
would change the equation and give him a fighting chance. If he loses
the first set, it's a mountain few of us would want to climb.

*skriptis

Jun 4, 2011, 10:24:38 PM6/4/11

"Gracchus" <cernu...@hotmail.com> wrote in

>If Federer brings his A-game and manages to grab the first >set, it
>would change the equation and give him a fighting >chance. If he loses
>the first set, it's a mountain few of us would want to climb.

I agree with that. I think if he wins first set, Nadal could be shaken, I
sense something like Soderling match (apart injury) for Nadal and similar to
Djokovic match for Federer when he won the first set.
Because if he wins the first, he could really go blasting second set and
Nadal could feel pressurizeed knowing he's in danger of going 0-2 (in a
quick time) and potentialy having to come back and win in 5...He sure
doesn't seem like someone who would be favorite in the 5th set atm so first
two sets will be huge.

Actually this sounds dumb because first two sets are always most
important...lol
But first set almost always decides the winner between these two, in best of
5.

Key for Nadal is to slow down the match, let Federer "think"...play long
rallies etc. that will give him rythm, and it the slower the match as the
time pases, so the "old familiar patterns" are more likely to be
established..

number_six

Jun 4, 2011, 10:29:14 PM6/4/11
On Jun 4, 3:26 pm, Osama Bin Ladetorest <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If he played like he played against Djoker. But will he?

One of the stroke patterns with which Fed troubles Djokovic (short,
low BH slice) is gobbled up by the Nadal FH.

Fed must play these two opponents very differently.

Superdave

Jun 4, 2011, 11:27:21 PM6/4/11

The A game Rafa had when he turned 24 he no longer has at 25. What's past is
past.

Superdave

Jun 4, 2011, 11:28:32 PM6/4/11

yup and it's NOT the A game he had when he turned 24 now that he is turning 25.
that game is GONE.

TT

Jun 5, 2011, 8:00:19 AM6/5/11

But he's not - he's in RG final and playing his best tennis atm...played
ENTIRE tournament great and even beat Djokovic on roll. Served like a
demon in the semi.

Anyway it's unfair...if he beats Rafa then it counts and if he doesn't
then it doesn't matter because he was "old"...

Rafa certainly has all the pressure in this match. I think he deserves
credit if he wins, more than "beating old man"...

Well, he's gonna get it anyway, as Fed certainly has been playing great
and Rafa did beat Söds and Murray quite handily.

TT

Jun 5, 2011, 8:01:52 AM6/5/11

I guess that depends on your definition of "A-game". Rafa certainly has
not played his best first week...or at Madrid/Rome.

bob

Jun 5, 2011, 8:29:35 AM6/5/11

possible i might be coming around to that viewpoint. i'll know by
sept.

bob

bob

Jun 5, 2011, 8:30:09 AM6/5/11

A Minus game is what i wrote.

bob

Superdave

Jun 5, 2011, 8:37:40 AM6/5/11

of course !

we ALL will bob.

if he is #3 and languishing it is obvious.

TT

Jun 5, 2011, 8:50:59 AM6/5/11

Aha!

I was talking about "A game"...or maybe even A+ game, in your
terminology. :)

Whisper

Jun 5, 2011, 10:06:37 AM6/5/11
On 5/06/2011 8:26 AM, Osama Bin Ladetorest wrote:
> If he played like he played against Djoker. But will he?

No, he needs to play better than that.

Whisper

Jun 5, 2011, 10:37:36 AM6/5/11

Goes to show how much you understand tennis.

bob

Jun 5, 2011, 1:14:24 PM6/5/11
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:37:40 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 08:29:35 -0400, bob <stei...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:28:32 +0800, Superdave
>><the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>yup and it's NOT the A game he had when he turned 24 now that he is turning 25.
>>>that game is GONE.
>>
>>possible i might be coming around to that viewpoint. i'll know by
>>sept.
>>
>>bob
>

>of course !
>
>we ALL will bob.
>
>if he is #3 and languishing it is obvious.

FO over now, i believe nadal fatiuged in the 3rd set.

i believe has a little less strength and stamina than he did age
21-24. if it continues, he'll continue to struggle more.

bob