Sara Errani banned for 2 months

Brian W Lawrence

Aug 8, 2017, 9:14:36 AM8/8/17

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40854182>

"Italy's former world number five Sara Errani has been banned for two
months after failing a drugs test - because her mother's cancer drug
accidentally contaminated a family meal."

"The 30-year-old, who reached the French Open final in 2012, tested
positive for banned drug letrozole.

Errani's mother had been using the drug as part of her breast cancer
treatment.

But she had dropped some pills on a kitchen worktop where tortellini and
broth were later prepared."

---

Court_1

Aug 8, 2017, 9:20:07 AM8/8/17
Oh my gosh, her management team should be fired for coming up with that horrible excuse. Breast cancer medication made its way accidentally into the family meal? *rolls eyes*

Carey

Aug 8, 2017, 9:51:31 AM8/8/17
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:20:07 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> Oh my gosh, her management team should be fired for coming up with that horrible excuse. Breast cancer medication made its way accidentally into the family meal? *rolls eyes*

Yeah, that's up there with Gasquet's excuse.

Hilarious

Whisper

Aug 8, 2017, 10:10:55 AM8/8/17
On 8/08/2017 11:14 PM, Brian W Lawrence wrote:

> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40854182>
>
> "Italy's former world number five Sara Errani has been banned for two
> months after failing a drugs test - because her mother's cancer drug
> accidentally contaminated a family meal."
>
> "The 30-year-old, who reached the French Open final in 2012, tested
> positive for banned drug letrozole.
>
> Errani's mother had been using the drug as part of her breast cancer
> treatment.

Bit worried where this was going - still breastfeeding?

> But she had dropped some pills on a kitchen worktop where tortellini and
> broth were later prepared."

Wow - possibly the lamest excuse of all time.

---
http://www.avg.com

TT

Aug 8, 2017, 11:16:31 AM8/8/17
Brian W Lawrence kirjoitti 8.8.2017 klo 16:14:

> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40854182>
>
> "Italy's former world number five Sara Errani has been banned for two
> months after failing a drugs test - because her mother's cancer drug
> accidentally contaminated a family meal."
>
> "The 30-year-old, who reached the French Open final in 2012, tested
> positive for banned drug letrozole.
>
> Errani's mother had been using the drug as part of her breast cancer
> treatment.
>
> But she had dropped some pills on a kitchen worktop where tortellini and
> broth were later prepared."

lol

Sure...
What a ridiculous excuse.

Couple other athletes caught from same substance. Male weightlifter and
MMA fighter:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/17/kim-un-guk-olympic-champion-fails-doping-test

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/19/12221804/jon-jones-doping-case-what-we-know-so-far

TT

Aug 8, 2017, 11:27:53 AM8/8/17
TWO MONTHS????

She's doing the really hard stuff and they give TWO MONTHS only. Hingis
got 2 years from recreational coke use. There's no consistency
whatsoever with severity of punishments on doping bans. The ones who
come up with most nonsensical excuses are punished the least.

*skriptis

Aug 8, 2017, 11:33:34 AM8/8/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
Yes. What's unusual there?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 8, 2017, 12:53:23 PM8/8/17
Gasquet's excuse was comic genius, I thought... out at a disco, drinking, dancing, having a wild time and making out with some cocaine-smacking lip-glossed party girl... absolute classic! :)

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 8, 2017, 12:56:17 PM8/8/17
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:20:07 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> Oh my gosh, her management team should be fired for coming up with that horrible excuse. Breast cancer medication made its way accidentally into the family meal? *rolls eyes*

No cook books involved in this boiler story, so there's that... old family recipe... :))

TT

Aug 8, 2017, 1:01:20 PM8/8/17
What makes it even better is that the the guy is probably gay...

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 8, 2017, 1:45:48 PM8/8/17
Is he thought to be gay? I don't think I have ever heard that about him, rumoured about him, before. Not that it would have anything to do with his tennis.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 8, 2017, 2:29:30 PM8/8/17
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:20:07 PM UTC+2, Court_1 wrote:
> Oh my gosh, her management team should be fired for coming up with that horrible excuse. Breast cancer medication made its way accidentally into the family meal? *rolls eyes*

Letrozole is easy to detect. Which is no secret.
Why then would Errani deliberately take that drug?

I know, that is a complicated line of thought. What did you say is your profession? Lawyer??

Loooooooooooooooooool!

Max

Court_1

Aug 8, 2017, 3:12:15 PM8/8/17
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 2:29:30 PM UTC-4, calim...@gmx.de wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:20:07 PM UTC+2, Court_1 wrote:
> > Oh my gosh, her management team should be fired for coming up with that horrible excuse. Breast cancer medication made its way accidentally into the family meal? *rolls eyes*
>
> Letrozole is easy to detect.

What are you, a chemist? How do you know and how do you know how much she ingested? Isn't the drug a masking agent?

> Which is no secret.
> Why then would Errani deliberately take that drug?
>
> I know, that is a complicated line of thought. What did you say is your profession? Lawyer??
>
> Loooooooooooooooooool!

Ok, go ahead and believe rodent-face Errani's story Nazi boy! *rolls eyes* You would be the only one who could possibly believe that ridiculous and amateur story.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 8, 2017, 3:14:58 PM8/8/17
That YOU of all people are calling ME a Nazi is just hilarious!
Lol

Max

Court_1

Aug 8, 2017, 3:18:38 PM8/8/17
Kraut boy, is that better?

*skriptis

Aug 8, 2017, 3:22:46 PM8/8/17
Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
It doesn't?

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 8, 2017, 4:29:15 PM8/8/17
Sushi boy is more fitting, Canuck hoe.

Max

TT

Aug 8, 2017, 4:32:47 PM8/8/17
And what is your profession... a chemist?

Look, I already posted a couple of examples of male athletes using the
same substance for doping. You reckon they used it for breast cancer?

TT

Aug 8, 2017, 4:44:24 PM8/8/17
There are some rumours, even to the extent that he has himself a couple
of times denied being gay. Of course if he is, then "I kissed a girl"
excuse seems even more far fetched than it already does...

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 8, 2017, 5:15:32 PM8/8/17
Some dummies in tier 5 sports don't count.
Errani knows that Letrozole WILL be detected if she is tested. Every top players (except maybe Screamerova) knows this. Letrozole, my ass ...

Max

bob

Aug 8, 2017, 9:29:58 PM8/8/17
did he say it was a female's glossy lips?

bob

bob

Aug 8, 2017, 9:31:10 PM8/8/17
that's ho.

bob

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 10, 2017, 12:53:14 PM8/10/17
Ya... I read it in a newspaper travelling back then (in Asia)... English as a second language... so... lost in translation perhaps... I remember I laughed so hard a couple at the airport were wondering what could be so funny... :)