Best Chance Ever

arahim

Aug 31, 2017, 7:03:32 PM8/31/17
With Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka out, Federer playing two five setters in the first two matches and 14 of the seeds out (Monfils and Goffin looking ready for a pickoff...that would make it half the seeds) before round 2 is over including Zverev the junior, Kyrgios, Tsonga, Fognini, Gasquet, Dimitrov, Berdych this is the best chance for Nadal to take a USO. So too for Cilic, Del Potro, one of the newbies, or a journeymen seed (Anderson, Isner, Querry).

While anything can happen the only credible threat left in Cilic's quarter is Shapovalov (possible QF).

Carey

Aug 31, 2017, 7:35:25 PM8/31/17
On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 4:03:32 PM UTC-7, arahim wrote:
> With Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka out, Federer playing two five setters in the first two matches and 14 of the seeds out (Monfils and Goffin looking ready for a pickoff...that would make it half the seeds) before round 2 is over including Zverev the junior, Kyrgios, Tsonga, Fognini, Gasquet, Dimitrov, Berdych this is the best chance for Nadal to take a USO. So too for Cilic, Del Potro, one of the newbies, or a journeymen seed (Anderson, Isner, Querry).
>
> While anything can happen the only credible threat left in Cilic's quarter is Shapovalov (possible QF).

Please Dog, not Isner. The mind reels.

ahonkan

Sep 1, 2017, 2:26:24 AM9/1/17
On Friday, 1 September 2017 04:33:32 UTC+5:30, arahim wrote:
> With Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka out, Federer playing two five setters in the first two matches and 14 of the seeds out (Monfils and Goffin looking ready for a pickoff...that would make it half the seeds) before round 2 is over including Zverev the junior, Kyrgios, Tsonga, Fognini, Gasquet, Dimitrov, Berdych this is the best chance for Nadal to take a USO. So too for Cilic, Del Potro, one of the newbies, or a journeymen seed (Anderson, Isner, Querry).
>
> While anything can happen the only credible threat left in Cilic's quarter is Shapovalov (possible QF).

I think 16 are gone already. In Rafa's, Zverev's & Cilic's quarters, 5 out
of 8 have lost. In Fed's quarter, only 1 (Kyrgios) has lost.
Among women, too, 16 are gone by end of R2. 2 quarters have lost 4 each,
1 quarter has lost 2 and the bottom has lost 6.

arahim

Sep 1, 2017, 3:02:30 AM9/1/17
:)
In Isner's Quarter (It must be called his since he is the highest seed there now) the other remaining seeds are Querry, Zverev the elder, and Anderson...Then there is Coric. It's likely to be one of these guys in the semis.

In Nadal's Quarter three seeds left (including Nadal). Two of them Goffin and Monfils go up against each other in the round of 32. Neither has a game built for defeating Nadal even with a low probability.

In Federer's Quarter 7 of the 8 seeds have made it to the round of 32.

In Cilic's quarter the seeds are Careno Busta, Pouille, Schartzman neither of whom inspire much. Then there is Shapovalov.

In the odds Nadal has overtaken Federer as the favorite to win it all.
Rafael Nadal 2.62
Roger Federer 3.0
Marin Cilic 7.0
Dominic Thiem 21.0