Federer is losing his first match

PeteWasLucky

Jun 14, 2017, 12:09:35 PM6/14/17
Ineffective on break points.

The Iceberg

Jun 14, 2017, 12:13:08 PM6/14/17
Tough fixed draw playing a 45 year old Tommy Haas!

RzR

Jun 14, 2017, 1:55:11 PM6/14/17
On 6/14/2017 6:13 PM, The Iceberg wrote:
> Tough fixed draw playing a 45 year old Tommy Haas!

nice of federer to let his friend through :)

stephenJ

Jun 14, 2017, 2:45:57 PM6/14/17
> On 6/14/2017 11:09 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Ineffective on break points.

I tried to explain that Fed was taking a big risk skipping all of the
clay season. Two months is a long time in tennis and there's no
guarantee he still has, or can regain, the form he had in the spring.

---

SliceAndDice

Jun 14, 2017, 2:49:32 PM6/14/17
Yeah..that was my concern as well.

TennisGuy

Jun 14, 2017, 2:52:43 PM6/14/17
I could have sworn Haas retired a few years ago?

stephenJ

Jun 14, 2017, 2:52:45 PM6/14/17
I understood his need to rest. He played a grueling spring, not sure why
he felt the need to play both of the Masters-level HC events, that
always is draining. But I thought he should have played the FO, IMO he
erred too much on the side of avoiding injury and resting.

Obviously, this one result doesn't mean his strategy is a failure, it
could prove to be a success. But it's a bad sign to start out with.

kaennorsing

Jun 14, 2017, 4:07:36 PM6/14/17
Op woensdag 14 juni 2017 20:52:45 UTC+2 schreef StephenJ:
Well, the last time he lost to Haas was in 2012 on Halle grass just before winning Wimbledon IIRC. Grass is a tough surface to adjust to match winning ways vs a solid grass player like Haas. Doesn't mean Fed lost it, even if he's going to have to up his game a lot from here to win Wimbledon.