The computer now knows it too

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 5:31:34 PM2/11/11

As of Monday, Kim Clijsters is the #1 women's tennis player of the
world. The computer finally agrees too, everyone else has agreed she
is the best at least since AO. She is the winner of the last two slams
and YEC.

Unbelievable story, 1,5 years after coming back from retirement as a
mother, she is back at #1. Congrats Kim and keep on going!

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 5:34:17 PM2/11/11

Clijsters is the best of the rest. When Serena/Venus/Sharapova/Henin
were at their best, she couldn't cut it. Now they are all gone and
Clijsters is at the top. She is the clown era queen.

Vari L. Cinicke

Feb 11, 2011, 5:47:04 PM2/11/11

First mother to reach #1.

--
Cheers,

vc

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 5:49:31 PM2/11/11

Wrong! Court was #1 in 1973

Yama

Feb 11, 2011, 6:17:41 PM2/11/11
Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:
: As of Monday, Kim Clijsters is the #1 women's tennis player of the

: world. The computer finally agrees too, everyone else has agreed she
: is the best at least since AO. She is the winner of the last two slams
: and YEC.

Wozniacki will likely reclaim it in week or two...

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 6:32:03 PM2/11/11

Women's rankings started in 1975.

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 6:40:10 PM2/11/11

You think? I haven't studied Wozniacki's points from last year. But I
know that Kim has Miami title to defend and hardly anything else until
the grass season. So I would think that she should have a good chance
to be #1 most of the time until USO, even if she loses it during the
next few weeks or after Miami. If she loses it, she should get it back
during the clay season if she plays at least something on clay.

And unless she gets injured, she is the big favourite at USO where she
hasn't lost since 2003, so should keep the #1 even after that.

Manuel aka Xax

Feb 11, 2011, 6:50:44 PM2/11/11

Funny how tools supposed to be wayyyyy faster than human can be slower
to aknowledge things any living people was sure of, ain't it?

In fact, despite the computer does know it allready, it will only
claim so next monday.

Hey, Caroline, you should set up some kind of a great party this week-
end...
Having been #1 is surely something to celebrate, once you're no longer
(or during, if you want your time as #1 to get somewhat shorter!).

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 7:20:34 PM2/11/11

What makes you think there were rankings before 1975. WTA rankings
started in 1975. But there were rankings before 1975.

Yama

Feb 12, 2011, 12:24:39 PM2/12/11
Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:
: On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:17:41 +0000 (UTC), Yama
: <tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:

: >Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:
: >: As of Monday, Kim Clijsters is the #1 women's tennis player of the
: >: world. The computer finally agrees too, everyone else has agreed she
: >: is the best at least since AO. She is the winner of the last two slams
: >: and YEC.
: >
: >Wozniacki will likely reclaim it in week or two...

: You think? I haven't studied Wozniacki's points from last year. But I
: know that Kim has Miami title to defend and hardly anything else until
: the grass season. So I would think that she should have a good chance
: to be #1 most of the time until USO, even if she loses it during the
: next few weeks or after Miami. If she loses it, she should get it back
: during the clay season if she plays at least something on clay.

Wozniacki can retake #1 at Dubai, if she has a decent result (prolly semis
are enough). Then she has Indian Wells final and Miami QF to defend.

Wozniacki had pretty crappy clay season last year, so she doesn't
have that much to defend there either. If she posts bunch of good results there,
she might stay ahead if Kim doesn't play much.

Iceberg

Feb 12, 2011, 12:49:51 PM2/12/11

Pretty much agree about best of the rest, but well done to her, it
good she's come back a lot better than the average player she used to
be.

Iceberg

Feb 12, 2011, 12:51:04 PM2/12/11
On Feb 12, 5:24 pm, Yama <tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:

> Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>
> : On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:17:41 +0000 (UTC), Yama
>
> : <tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:
>
> : >Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> : >: As of Monday, Kim Clijsters is the #1 women's tennis player of the
> : >: world. The computer finally agrees too, everyone else has agreed she
> : >: is the best at least since AO. She is the winner of the last two slams
> : >: and YEC.
> : >
> : >Wozniacki will likely reclaim it in week or two...
>
> : You think? I haven't studied Wozniacki's points from last year. But I
> : know that Kim has Miami title to defend and hardly anything else until
> : the grass season. So I would think that she should have a good chance
> : to be #1 most of the time until USO, even if she loses it during the
> : next few weeks or after Miami. If she loses it, she should get it back
> : during the clay season if she plays at least something on clay.
>
> Wozniacki can retake #1 at Dubai, if she has a decent result (prolly semis
> are enough). Then she has Indian Wells final and Miami QF to defend.
>
> Wozniacki had pretty crappy clay season last year, so she doesn't
> have that much to defend there either. If she posts bunch of good results there,
> she might stay ahead if Kim doesn't play much.

Go Caroline!

Message has been deleted

Sakari Lund

Feb 13, 2011, 7:22:17 PM2/13/11
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:24:39 +0000 (UTC), Yama
<tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:

Very nice that she was able to be #1 by a huge margin with no slam
finals and a crappy clay season.

Obviously Max, Whisper etc. never have any problem with Safina,
Jankovic or Wozniacki being #1.

DavidW

Feb 13, 2011, 10:36:33 PM2/13/11

You're not suggesting that they are just anti-Kim, are you?

Calimero

Feb 14, 2011, 12:23:48 AM2/14/11
On 12 Feb., 00:40, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:17:41 +0000 (UTC), Yama
>
> <tj...@NOSPAMpajuoulu.fi> wrote:
> >Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> >: As of Monday, Kim Clijsters is the #1 women's tennis player of the
> >: world. The computer finally agrees too, everyone else has agreed she
> >: is the best at least since AO. She is the winner of the last two slams
> >: and YEC.
>
> >Wozniacki will likely reclaim it in week or two...
>
> You think? I haven't studied Wozniacki's points from last year. But I
> know that Kim has Miami title to defend and hardly anything else until
> the grass season. So I would think that she should have a good chance
> to be #1 most of the time until USO, even if she loses it during the
> next few weeks or after Miami. If she loses it, she should get it back
> during the clay season if she plays at least something on clay.
>
> And unless she gets injured, she is the big favourite at USO where she
> hasn't lost since 2003, so should keep the #1 even after that.

So what?
Graf hasn't lost at USO since 1998.

Max

Sakari Lund

Feb 14, 2011, 6:55:31 AM2/14/11

There is the slight difference that Kim is still playing.