30-something slam record

TennisGuy

Aug 16, 2018, 9:07:31 PM8/16/18
Currently three ATP players share the record for MOST slams won in their
30's:

Laver: 4
Rosewall: 4
Federer: 4

Nadal: 3 (not far behind)
Wawrinka: 2
Djoker: 1
Murray: 0

When the dust settles, who will be on top for this record?

*skriptis

Aug 16, 2018, 9:11:34 PM8/16/18
TennisGuy <TG...@techsavvy.com> Wrote in message:
Nadal could win 2 more.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Whisper

Aug 17, 2018, 4:03:37 AM8/17/18
Nadal with 7

---
https://www.avg.com

TennisGuy

Aug 17, 2018, 1:47:45 PM8/17/18
On 8/17/2018 4:03 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 17/08/2018 11:07 AM, TennisGuy wrote:
>> Currently three ATP players share the record for MOST slams won in
>> their 30's:
>>
>> Laver: 4
>> Rosewall: 4
>> Federer: 4
>>
>> Nadal: 3 (not far behind)
>> Wawrinka: 2
>> Djoker: 1
>> Murray: 0
>>

>> When the dust settles, who will be on top for this record?
>>

> Nadal with 7

Always good to see you cheering for your "not-fav player" :)

Anyway, one of the main reasons I posted this was to show how
difficult/rare it is for older player (30's) to win slams.

MBDunc

Aug 17, 2018, 2:05:07 PM8/17/18
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 8:47:45 PM UTC+3, TennisGuy wrote:
> Always good to see you cheering for your "not-fav player" :)

Nadal was Whisper's top prospect already 2004, but only gradually he has realized that Nadal is a bumrooter he had fought against all previous years.

Then he realized that Nadal is a perfect excuse for bringing Sampras back to all GOAT/BOAT equations. This was so tempting than he let his Fed-fanhood to go = which is a true sign of a real fan = you accept also weaknesses.

.mikko

The Iceberg

Aug 17, 2018, 5:11:00 PM8/17/18
oh yes showing the guys with the "most" slams after 30 really shows that.

TennisGuy

Aug 17, 2018, 5:59:06 PM8/17/18
OK smart ass, you got a better way to show how difficult it is to win
slams after 30?

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 18, 2018, 12:48:41 PM8/18/18
Right now, looks like Rafa might edge this one... not sure about Nole... hard to say...

The Iceberg

Aug 19, 2018, 5:05:18 AM8/19/18
yes list everyone that has won a slam over 30.

TennisGuy

Aug 19, 2018, 3:56:21 PM8/19/18
I don't know what you've got stuck up your ass now Icey?

I stated:

"... Anyway, one of the main reasons I posted this was to show how
difficult/rare it is for older player (30's) to win slams."

But my list wasn't good enough for you because it didn't show everyone
who has won a slam over 30.

The reason I didn't show everyone was because:
a) the thrust of my post was "slam record", RECORD being the operative
word here, Icey.
b) only active players have a chance of breaking the record

But just for the sake of completeness and to keep you totally happy,
I will post all who have won at least one slam over the age of 30.

Agassi: 2
Connors: 2
Sampras: 1
Korda: 1
Gomez: 1
Newcombe: 1
Ashe: 1
Gimeno: 1

Are you happier now Icey?

TennisGuy

Aug 19, 2018, 4:02:51 PM8/19/18
Icey, you still think it isn't rare to win an ATP slam aged 30 or older?

joh

Aug 19, 2018, 4:19:53 PM8/19/18
Not wise to make it your mission to make icey happy.

lazb...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2018, 11:54:35 AM8/20/18
My prediction when all is said and done:

Federer 20 slams

Nadal 18 slams

Djokovic 16 slams

TennisGuy

Aug 20, 2018, 12:34:23 PM8/20/18
You could very well be right on this one.
And if you were, they would all have 4 slams total
in their 30's, tied for the record with Laver and Rosewall.

Wouldn't that be something? :)

The Iceberg

Aug 20, 2018, 2:20:40 PM8/20/18
no it not rare at all to win a slam aged 30 or older, that been my whole point for years! Thanks!

The Iceberg

Aug 20, 2018, 2:21:54 PM8/20/18
no, it very good idea and very kind of TennisGuy, he win my top poster on RST award this week! :D

Whisper

Aug 21, 2018, 7:51:22 AM8/21/18
Possible. USO will be key for Rafa. If he gets that for 18 he still
has FO next yr. If he's 19 he sure as fuck isn't going to quit chasing
20 if he can still move.