Yay, Kei and Milos qualified for the WTF.

Court_1

Oct 31, 2014, 7:49:25 PM10/31/14
And Ferrer is out. Beautiful. :)

TT

Oct 31, 2014, 8:23:03 PM10/31/14
1.11.2014 1:49, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> And Ferrer is out. Beautiful. :)

About time.

TT

Oct 31, 2014, 8:23:59 PM10/31/14
... Then again replacing him with even worse chokers such as Wawrinka is
nothing to cheer about.

Court_1

Oct 31, 2014, 9:14:21 PM10/31/14
That is true.

RaspingDrive

Oct 31, 2014, 10:33:24 PM10/31/14
On Friday, October 31, 2014 7:49:25 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
> And Ferrer is out. Beautiful. :)

Nishikori's game is great to watch. Not Raonic, though :) I was hoping Fed will beat him but that was not to be.

RaspingDrive

Nov 1, 2014, 11:56:27 AM11/1/14
On Friday, October 31, 2014 7:49:25 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
> And Ferrer is out. Beautiful. :)

And now he beats your another favorite Berdych ;) Just kidding. Will Nishikori repeat his USO win over Djoker?

Court_1

Nov 1, 2014, 1:38:24 PM11/1/14
On Saturday, November 1, 2014 11:56:27 AM UTC-4, RaspingDrive wrote:

> Will Nishikori repeat his USO win over Djoker?

Nope. Nishikori is a walking injury. So talented but he is very fragile and clearly he was nursing some sort of injury today.

I am rooting for Milos in the final but I think Djokovic will probably win in three.

TT

Nov 1, 2014, 1:48:27 PM11/1/14
1.11.2014 19:38, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> On Saturday, November 1, 2014 11:56:27 AM UTC-4, RaspingDrive wrote:
>
>> Will Nishikori repeat his USO win over Djoker?
>
> Nope. Nishikori is a walking injury. So talented but he is very fragile and clearly he was nursing some sort of injury today.

You're really quick to shout injury on Nishi... you sure have different
standards for different players.

TT

Nov 1, 2014, 1:51:40 PM11/1/14
1.11.2014 19:38, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> Nope. Nishikori is a walking injury.

No more than Rafa... yet Rafa's achievements are around GOAT level.

What injury did Nishi have today? It looked to me that he just didn't
try... poor guy had sore legs because of playing Ferrer yesterday. Poor
little jap kid.

Court_1

Nov 1, 2014, 1:56:44 PM11/1/14
You could clearly see that something was not right with Kei today. His serve speed was way off and the commentators were talking about it. Just as Nadal's serve speed was off at the AO. It is not hard to figure out when somebody is carrying a real injury.

The problem with Kei is, he carries them TOO MUCH. That should not be the case at his age with the trainers he has. I hope he gets it sorted out for the WTF next week. I am sick of seeing one-sided matches and seeing these younger players not measuring up to the best players time and time again. I want to see competitive matches between the top ten players. I don't want to watch "pigeon" matches like Berdych-Djokovic for example. I am over it.

Court_1

Nov 1, 2014, 2:00:03 PM11/1/14
The commentators said it looked to them like it may have been some sort of abdominal strain because his serve speed was way off.

Maybe he will talk about it in his post match press conference. Something was wrong. But, as I said, there should be no excuses and at his age he should not be having these problems constantly. It is annoying.

TT

Nov 1, 2014, 2:11:32 PM11/1/14
1.11.2014 19:56, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> I don't want to watch "pigeon" matches like Berdych-Djokovic for example. I am over it.

How about Djokovic - Raonic?

Court_1

Nov 1, 2014, 2:24:16 PM11/1/14
The last two Djokovic-Raonic matches have been close encounters. You can't compare that match-up at 3-0 to the Djokovic-Berdych one which is 16-2 and where Djokovic fed Berdych a bagel in the last encounter. If I never see a Djokovic-Berdych match again I will be happy.

Hopefully Berdych will be at the very bottom of the WTF line-up.

TT

Nov 1, 2014, 2:58:06 PM11/1/14
1.11.2014 20:24, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> The last two Djokovic-Raonic matches have been close encounters. You can't compare that match-up at 3-0 to the Djokovic-Berdych one which is 16-2 and where Djokovic fed Berdych a bagel in the last encounter.

Their matches might be "close" but shouldn't all of Milos' matches be
close because of his big serving...

Well I'm not sure if 0-3 is better than 2-16. Let's look at SETS won...

Berdych: 10/47 = 21%
Raonic: 1/9 = 11%

Doesn't look like Raonic doing any better than Bird... Of course Milos
is just getting into his best form so we shall see. If he loses
tomorrow, 0-4 doesn't really look better than 2-16...

Fednatic

Nov 1, 2014, 10:21:27 PM11/1/14
I think he will win in straights probably like 60 61.

ahonkan

Nov 2, 2014, 7:05:39 AM11/2/14
On Saturday, 1 November 2014 23:26:44 UTC+5:30, Court_1 wrote:
the WTF next week. I am sick of seeing one-sided matches and seeing these younger players not measuring up to the best players time and time again. I want to see competitive matches between the top ten players.

I am sick of:
- players beating the best players being called clowns
- crazed fans of the 'best players' shouting 'injury' whenever they lose
- non-best players being held to different standards of 'success'

grif

Nov 2, 2014, 6:53:37 PM11/2/14
I think Courty's position is that players like Tsonga, Berdych etc. are
clowns because even if they do beat a big name like Fed in a big event,
they still fail to go on and win the tournament. Of course, being
Canadian means that Raonic is exempt from her criticism.

Court_1

Nov 2, 2014, 7:37:28 PM11/2/14
No, Raonic is not exempt from my criticism. He is in the exact same boat as a Berdych type player. He needs to figure out a way to beat more than one Big Four player and go on and win the tournament.

ahonkan

Nov 2, 2014, 11:54:46 PM11/2/14
On Monday, 3 November 2014 05:23:37 UTC+5:30, grif wrote:

> I think Courty's position is that players like Tsonga, Berdych etc. are
> clowns because even if they do beat a big name like Fed in a big event,
> they still fail to go on and win the tournament. Of course, being
> Canadian means that Raonic is exempt from her criticism.

No, if she were consistent about it, that would not be so bad. But that
doesn't apply to 'clowns' like Wawrinka, Delpo (Cilic will soon be
added to that list) who win slams fair & square beating the likes of
Djoker, Rafa & Fed. And she still calls Murray a non-clown although he
is clearly not in the same class as the 'Big Three'.

Whisper

Nov 3, 2014, 4:11:20 AM11/3/14
Yes, & in Raonic's favor is his youth - he has time to prove himself.
Berdych & co have had a decade of abject failure & disappointment at the
elite level so deserve no praise.

The Iceberg

Nov 3, 2014, 4:59:14 AM11/3/14
how is Murray not in the same class? he beat Fed in the Olympic final, Djoker in the US Open and Wimbledon final. He also beat Nadal in Finals at Tokyo 2011 and Rotterdam 2009, both times bageling the Spaniard. You clearly don't realise the significance of him winning Wimbledon in this country, it is unbelievable, pressure on him for that one was far far greater than for Fed/Djoker/Nadal in any slam they've played. Also look at how he qualified for the O2 exo this year, fact is, when he's around, he definitely in a bonefide member of the Big 4.

The Iceberg

Nov 3, 2014, 5:00:03 AM11/3/14
the clowns usually fold when they play Fed, that's why they're called clowns.

InsideOut

Nov 3, 2014, 9:22:21 AM11/3/14
> he's around, he definitely in a bonefide member of the Big 4.

Around 4-6 in the world feels like the right place for the surly Scot? Most
people seem to be talking about the "big 3" now anyway, brother.

I think Murray seems on an upward trajectory again. Time will tell.

The Iceberg

Nov 3, 2014, 10:27:31 AM11/3/14
by 'most people' do you mean Fedfans like you (felangry)? A lot of people were talking about Murray before his match vs Djoker lol

Court_1

Nov 3, 2014, 11:32:53 AM11/3/14
But Murray is in a whole different class to Wawrinka and Del Potro. He has two slams, one OG and 9 Masters 1000 wins. Aside from their one slam what have Wawrinka and Del Potro won compared to Murray?

Your Murray hatred is legendary and funny. He is obviously not in the league of a Federer or Nadal or even Djokovic in terms of achievements but he is miles above those other clowns of the ATP.

InsideOut

Nov 3, 2014, 3:13:22 PM11/3/14
> by 'most people' do you mean Fedfans like you (felangry)?

Are you aquainted with the Whisper poster, hoss? You sound just as angry.

The "big 3" talk seems to be from most commentary outlets and forums. I even
heard a stream with the Britcoms saying that for now Murray had to be
considered apart from the "big 3". Sorry if that upsets you.

TT

Nov 3, 2014, 6:03:48 PM11/3/14
3.11.2014 11:59, The Iceberg kirjoitti:
> He also beat Nadal in Finals at Tokyo 2011 and Rotterdam 2009, both times bageling the Spaniard.

But that's because Rafa didn't eat Paella.