OT: Germany vs Sweden (Women's WC)

StephenJ

Jun 29, 2019, 1:21:22 PM6/29/19
Sweden 1 1 Germany at the half.

Easily the most entertaining match I've seen so far, lots of action.
Both teams have had several chances, Germany moreso at the start, Sweden
towards the half. A real cat fight.

--
before agriculture, food-finding was the only occupation
for humans.

- Alan Weisman

Calimero

Jun 29, 2019, 1:40:49 PM6/29/19
I'm rooting for Sweden. They shirts look like Steffi in the FO 99 final!

Max

“I’ve never seen a woman with this aura in my life.”
(David Letterman, US talk show host, on Steffi Graf, 2009)

StephenJ

Jun 29, 2019, 2:25:50 PM6/29/19
Sweden upsets #2 ranked Germany 2-1 !!!

Calimero

Jun 29, 2019, 2:29:42 PM6/29/19
On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 8:25:50 PM UTC+2, StephenJ wrote:
> Sweden upsets #2 ranked Germany 2-1 !!!

Is Sweden ranked #1 now?

Max

bob

Jun 29, 2019, 4:53:07 PM6/29/19
On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 11:25:48 -0700 (PDT), StephenJ <sja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Sweden upsets #2 ranked Germany 2-1 !!!

wow. so sweden, netherlands, UK, USA left. is the swedish women's team
usually top tier?

bob

Brian Lawrence

Jun 30, 2019, 5:50:36 AM6/30/19
Sweden are ranked 9 by FIFA, Netherlands 8, England (not UK) 3 & USA 1

bob

Jun 30, 2019, 12:43:54 PM6/30/19
france and germany 2 and 4, or vice versa?

bob

Calimero

Jun 30, 2019, 1:18:12 PM6/30/19
USA #1???

Apparently women's football has a lot of catching up to do!

Max

“Democrats fear Barr, you can smell it.“
(Washington Post, May 2nd, 2019)

soccerfan777

Jun 30, 2019, 1:44:50 PM6/30/19
I was supporting Sweden towards the end. German team sucked big time. Just like last World Cup.

Calimero

Jun 30, 2019, 2:48:09 PM6/30/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 7:44:50 PM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
> I was supporting Sweden towards the end. German team sucked big time. Just like last World Cup.

Germany didn't suck big time. They played quite decent.
You don't seem to know a lot about football, Raja. Must be your Indian genes.

soccerfan777

Jun 30, 2019, 5:34:35 PM6/30/19
You are a moron Max. You dont support your own national team. But when some one is critical of them, you show your true jingoistic colors.

Germany used to be really good. They won back to back Womens world cup. Now they are losing to mediocre teams. They are no where in the league of US anymore. Even the likes of England are playing much higher quality than them. Forget the womens World Cup they are not even winning the women Euros anymore.

Calimero

Jun 30, 2019, 5:44:20 PM6/30/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 11:34:35 PM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
> You are a moron Max. You dont support your own national team.

Just because I'm a German I'm supposed to support the German national team?
That would be very nationalistic. Would be the same as supporting a white tennis player against a black tennis player just because I'm white. It would be racist.

> But when some one is critical of them, you show your true jingoistic colors.

To say the German women's national team "sucked big time" is a dumb lie.
Don't project from your nation's failing in football to other countries.

> Germany used to be really good. They won back to back Womens world cup.

Plus the last Olympics, just 3 years ago.

> Now they are losing to mediocre teams. ...

You better stay with your croquet and such. Although I fear that you are clueless there, too.

Max

„Multiple independently produced datasets confirm that between 1880 and 2012, the global average (land and ocean) surface temperature increased by 0.85 °C. Since 1979 the rate of warming has approximately doubled (0.13 °C per decade, against 0.07 °C per decade).“
(Climate expert „Raja“ extrapolating the anthropogenic temperature rise until 2100 to about 0.48 °C, rec.sport.tennis, April 29, 2019).

Brian Lawrence

Jul 1, 2019, 5:15:32 AM7/1/19

bob

Jul 2, 2019, 8:25:40 PM7/2/19
On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 14:34:34 -0700 (PDT), soccerfan777
<zepf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You are a moron Max.

what happened to your "mutual respect." lol

bob

soccerfan777

Jul 2, 2019, 9:28:38 PM7/2/19
This is just minor bickering.