Nice Fed article on the ATP site...

felangey

Aug 26, 2011, 4:48:12 PM8/26/11
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-US-Open-2011/Roger-Federer.aspx

"In so many ways, Roger Federer has honoured the game," claims coach Chuck
Kriese. "And in return the game has honoured him."

Roger knows that wherever he goes and whatever he does everyone is watching.
Even the players and coaches on the ATP World Tour keep tabs on each of his
matches. And the locker room talk is not about his 16 Grand Slams so much as
what shot he hit in practice or which match was special.

Superdave

Aug 26, 2011, 9:27:40 PM8/26/11

yup while with Rafa it's how many times he delayed the game or Djock how many
times he bounced the ball.

Ali Asoag

Aug 28, 2011, 2:04:51 PM8/28/11

I like this:

"If Federer were a painter his Mona Lisa would be the match he played in
the Tennis Masters Cup final at Shanghai in 2007 versus David Ferrer. It
was a near perfect match.

Ferrer, Federer, November 2006.“That match was the one of the best if
not the best I have ever seen,” says one long-time veteran coach who
prefers to remain anonymous. “That match just might have changed the way
players play the game in regards to court positioning."

I have to say, I see it the same way. That's why I was suffering so much
for him throughout the year 2008 until the spring of 2009. It was such a
pity that he had that damn mono taking away from him at least 1 year of
being peak. I was thinking after that match like 2008 was going to be
Roger's CYGS.