Should women play on a smaller court?

John Doe

Oct 13, 2010, 11:30:34 AM10/13/10
Would play be more exciting if women played on a smaller court?

Raja, The Great

Oct 13, 2010, 11:34:45 AM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 10:30 am, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
> Would play be more exciting if women played on a smaller court?

No. They already hit the ball wide and out all the times.

drew

Oct 13, 2010, 11:43:46 AM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 11:30 am, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
> Would play be more exciting if women played on a smaller court?

No, they should play with smaller dresses.

John Doe

Oct 13, 2010, 11:52:13 AM10/13/10
drew <dr...@technologist.com> wrote:

> John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

>> Would play be more exciting if women played on a smaller court?
>
> No, they should play with smaller dresses.

Bikini Tennis!
Why not, tennis women are better looking than any other sport.

Iceberg

Oct 13, 2010, 12:02:28 PM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 4:52 pm, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

at change of ends, some guys could also vote on how they played/looked
for an extra point or two.

felangey

Oct 13, 2010, 12:03:09 PM10/13/10
> Why not, tennis women are better looking than any other sport<

Don't watch a lot of beach volleyball, do ya! ;)

drew

Oct 13, 2010, 12:10:45 PM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 11:52 am, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

Strip tennis for the women.

The loser of the first set has to remove an article of clothing.
The loser of the second set has to remove an article of clothing.
The winner of the match has to disrobe completely and throw all items
of clothing into the stands.

Inglourious Basterd

Oct 13, 2010, 12:23:49 PM10/13/10

er....can we please not apply this rule. It will mean far too many
sightings of Serena's bare body :(

drew

Oct 13, 2010, 3:15:28 PM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 12:23 pm, Inglourious Basterd
> sightings of Serena's bare body :(- Hide quoted text -

It may sound twisted but I'd like to see her tits.

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 13, 2010, 5:54:03 PM10/13/10
> It may sound twisted but I'd like to see her tits.- Hide quoted text -

Bikini tennis could fly IF the criteria were properly 'regulated'...
all players would have to reach a mass body index ratio (prejudging
slash weigh-in ala figure skating meets boxing) and then only
regulation 'uniforms' dimensions would be allowed, unless they
preferred lingerie... lol

Jezz, between Drew and I we could work out the entire "Tour
Regulations"... of course, we would need a "board" and "consulting
group" as well as 'judges' aka referees to get the pre-match logistics
worked out, with 'contestants' aka the players properly 'vetted'...

Sakari Lund

Oct 13, 2010, 6:05:43 PM10/13/10
On 13 Oct 2010 15:30:34 GMT, John Doe <jd...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

>Would play be more exciting if women played on a smaller court?

That's the first new idea in rst in at least five years! Congrats! A
silly idea, but at least it is new, compared to the usual recycling of
the same old things...

No surprise that the rest of this thread is about women playing in
less clothes. That is less original, but always an interesting
subject. The problem there is that you would have to choose the
players. I'd watch bikini tennis between Kirilenko and Ivanovic, but
I'd change the channel when Serena - Schiavone begins.

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 13, 2010, 6:49:34 PM10/13/10
On Oct 13, 3:05 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

THAT'S why you need pre-match screening and judging...
jeezzzzzzzz... :)

OR how about only 'small' women allowed to play... like Dante, Oudine,
etc... makes the court APPEAR and PLAY larger... :))

THIS IS A SILLY THREAD...

John Doe

Oct 13, 2010, 7:04:11 PM10/13/10
Patrick Kehoe <pkehoe telus.net> wrote:

> THIS IS A SILLY THREAD...

You might be able to make the determination about a smaller court
scientifically. If women tend to hit from the baseline until one
or the other makes an unforced error, versus men fighting for
control of the point until one hits a winner. Whatever the
statistics say.

John Doe

Oct 13, 2010, 7:10:22 PM10/13/10
Patrick Kehoe <pkehoe telus.net> wrote:

> THIS IS A SILLY THREAD...

In the first Bikini Open Tennis Championship, the prize money
would be significant, except Maria Sharapova would probably play
for free. Unfortunately (for her), no screening allowed. It would
be a high-class tournament, sort of like Wimbledon, except the
"uniforms" would include a bunny tail.