This Ostapemko chick...

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 9:36:13 AM6/10/17
Looks like totally one-dimensional ballbasher. Ugly game.

Vamos Simona!

bob

Jun 10, 2017, 9:43:07 AM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:36:24 +0300, TT <as...@dprk.kp> wrote:

>Looks like totally one-dimensional ballbasher. Ugly game.
>Vamos Simona!

i wouldn't call it that ugly, but she definitely goes for winners.
live by them, die by them.

bob

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 9:45:17 AM6/10/17
I like her game but I was a Seles fan.

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 9:50:53 AM6/10/17
All she does is hit as hard as she can left, right, left, right...

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 9:57:13 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 3:45:17 PM UTC+2, Court_1 wrote:
> I like her game but I was a Seles fan.

Women should play tennis gracefully and elegantly. Not like Seles or Ostalenko.

Max

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 9:59:58 AM6/10/17
If she can wins slams doing it, who cares. The worst is when you have ball bashers who can't win more than a few matches if their lives depended on it, i.e. Thiem.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:01:10 AM6/10/17
Halep just needs to continue getting as many balls back as possible and wait for the error and implosion to come.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:02:06 AM6/10/17
STFU.

Garvin Yee

Jun 10, 2017, 10:05:38 AM6/10/17
On 6/10/2017 7:01 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> Halep just needs to continue getting as many balls back as possible and wait for the error and implosion to come.

Agreed.

Maybe Halep in straights....

--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/

http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all

https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 10:08:25 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:05:38 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 6/10/2017 7:01 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> > Halep just needs to continue getting as many balls back as possible and wait for the error and implosion to come.
> >

> Agreed.
>
> Maybe Halep in straights....

But maybe only in three.
However, Ospapenko could still win it.

Max

The Iceberg

Jun 10, 2017, 10:11:18 AM6/10/17
it's quite fun to watch, she's like a slightly cleverer version of Madison Keys, but she's gone total AWOL now!

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 10:11:29 AM6/10/17
She could, but would have to come back from 4-6 0-3.

---
http://www.avg.com

Garvin Yee

Jun 10, 2017, 10:14:07 AM6/10/17
No, I was wrong.

Ostapemko has a flashy, hard hitting game, but Halep
is clearly more solid.

Now fuck off, please....

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 10:18:42 AM6/10/17
Thiem is no ball basher.

bob

Jun 10, 2017, 10:21:12 AM6/10/17
and your pt?

bob

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 10:29:17 AM6/10/17
Sharapova does that & she won career slam.

Garvin Yee

Jun 10, 2017, 10:29:23 AM6/10/17
+1!

:)

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 10:30:58 AM6/10/17
Not much variety to cheer about, no great rallies... often ends up with
winner or UE. I guess her playing style is entertaining too to some extent.

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 10:38:16 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:14:07 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 6/10/2017 7:08 AM, calim...@gmx.de wrote:
> >>>

> >> Agreed.
> >>
> >> Maybe Halep in straights....
> >>

> > But maybe only in three.
> > However, Ospapenko could still win it.
> >

> No, I was wrong.
>
> Ostapemko has a flashy, hard hitting game, but Halep
> is clearly more solid.
>
> Now fuck off, please....

Halep clearly more solid?

Max

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 10:39:15 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:29:17 PM UTC+2, Whisper wrote:
> On 11/06/2017 12:21 AM, bob wrote:

> >> All she does is hit as hard as she can left, right, left, right...
> >
> > and your pt?
> >
> > bob
>

> Sharapova does that & she won career slam.

Yes, but in which era?

Max

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 10:40:05 AM6/10/17
After Seles was stabbed.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:

> Thiem is no ball basher.

He's the ultimate ball basher and a dumb one. As I said above, has he made a slam final?

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 10:41:00 AM6/10/17
Historically sure, but Jelena is reigning her wildness and wins 2nd set.

Stan should trade Vekic for Ostapenko? They have a similar power game?:-)

FF

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:42:12 AM6/10/17
Imagine how good Ostapenko could be off clay? Clay is her weakest surface. What she has to do to be great is improve her serve.

Garvin Yee

Jun 10, 2017, 10:42:15 AM6/10/17
Funny how tennis matches can have large swings in momentum.

Or is this the first time that has happened?

:/

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:43:48 AM6/10/17
Halep will probably choke this match away now after being up 3-0 in the second? *rolls eyes* That's the Halep we know.

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 10:45:55 AM6/10/17
Court_1 kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:40:
> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
>
>> Thiem is no ball basher.
>
> He's the ultimate ball basher and a dumb one.

I don't think so...

Of course if you only watched his two last matches against Rafa then yes
he did look like one - but then again not sure if he had much options...
tough to beat Rafa by rallying...

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 10:49:47 AM6/10/17
Court_1 kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:42:
> Imagine how good Ostapenko could be off clay? Clay is her weakest surface.

Didn't you claim the same about Stan too...

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 10:50:27 AM6/10/17
On 11/06/2017 12:41 AM, Garvin Yee wrote:
> On 6/10/2017 7:38 AM, calim...@gmx.de wrote:

>>> No, I was wrong.
>>>
>>> Ostapemko has a flashy, hard hitting game, but Halep
>>> is clearly more solid.
>>>
>>> Now fuck off, please....
>>>

>> Halep clearly more solid?
>>

> Funny how tennis matches can have large swings in momentum.
>
> Or is this the first time that has happened?
>
> :/

Halep had chances to lead 6-4 4-0 - will have nightmares if she loses this.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:51:07 AM6/10/17
Honestly, Thiem's nothing special. A top ten guy who may be able to win a RG title in the future when the Big Four are done. Or he may never win one and just be a guy who makes QFs and SFs.

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 10:51:08 AM6/10/17
courty has a stake in maintaining this mantra since she has said the
same thing for years. Thiem is a decent player who may win a couple
of slams before he retires. But his game is awkward looking from a
stroke mechanic point of view: forehand with extreme western grip--suitable
on clay and a rather bizaare backhand where he seems to leap in the
air as he hits.

FF

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 10:53:05 AM6/10/17
imo.
On 11/06/2017 12:43 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> Halep will probably choke this match away now after being up 3-0 in the second? *rolls eyes* That's the Halep we know.

I think the occasion will be too much for Ostapenko so odds still with
Halep imo.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:54:49 AM6/10/17
I don't have a stake in anything. I change my mind all the time about players. For example I used to dislike Azarenka and grew to like her. Thiem is nothing special IMO. He could win a RG title but it's just a likely he won't. He's a real dumb ball basher and I'm not sure he has the killer instinct.

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 10:57:16 AM6/10/17
And my point is proven ;-)

FF

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 10:59:14 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:53:05 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
> imo.
> On 11/06/2017 12:43 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> > Halep will probably choke this match away now after being up 3-0 in the second? *rolls eyes* That's the Halep we know.
> >

> I think the occasion will be too much for Ostapenko so odds still with
> Halep imo.

Don't be so sure.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 11:02:54 AM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:57:16 AM UTC-4, Federer Fanatic wrote:
Your point isn't proven. If Thiem does something to impress me, I'll change my tune about him but watching him play vs Nadal in that SF, I thought he was hopeless. Look at the difference between his performance and Ostapenko's. See the difference in their killer instinct?

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 11:06:09 AM6/10/17
I suppose I am arguing that their is hope that Thiem may yet mature. He's only 23. But as
I noted his strokes mechanics is a tad weird unlike Stan's whose got both sides and easy
smooth power.

FF

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 11:22:25 AM6/10/17
See?
Without The Stabbing Shrap would not have won Wim 04. Seles would have been at her peak then. No Serena Slam in 2002/03 either, BTW.

Max

Federer Fanatic

Jun 10, 2017, 11:25:17 AM6/10/17
The dilemma of the defensive player against a "talent onslaught". But, yes,
it's will be devastating.

FF

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 11:35:59 AM6/10/17
> -

I don't have any sympathy actually. If you can't win from those
positions then you're not really a champion & deserve to lose. I just
hope Ostapenko is cut from tougher material & uses this as a springboard
to being a real player.

*skriptis

Jun 10, 2017, 1:30:03 PM6/10/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
The Ukrainian has been fantastic to watch.

*skriptis

Jun 10, 2017, 1:30:03 PM6/10/17
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
Very smart comparing the challenges of playing vs Halepn who you
call choker, defensive etc and playing vs Nadal?

It took Wawrinka almost a decade to develop him mind and game.
Many losses to big 4 before that.

Thiem seems to still be at learning process. This is probably the
first match he ever played against in-form Rafa in best of 5,
that people actually expected something from in such a match. He
wasn't the fave but he was a legitimate challenger.

SliceAndDice

Jun 10, 2017, 1:37:15 PM6/10/17
And Halep has how much variety? Lol. At least, Ostapenko does not put you to sleep.

If you like variety, watch Bacsinszky. Very interesting game.

TT

Jun 10, 2017, 1:40:20 PM6/10/17
SliceAndDice kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 20:37:
> And Halep has how much variety? Lol. At least, Ostapenko does not put you to sleep.
>
> If you like variety, watch Bacsinszky. Very interesting game.

Coached by Hingis' mother if I recall correctly...
(which explains attempt at variety)

Yama

Jun 10, 2017, 5:02:28 PM6/10/17
Clownette era.

Final was like watching early/mid period Williams match - stronger girl
does crapload of errors until she finds her range and blasts through the
other player who also gets a bit shellshocked when the match turns
against her. Halep just did not have an extra gear.

Anyway, impressive Slam final debut from Ostapenko, for sure.

Yama

Jun 10, 2017, 9:22:03 PM6/10/17
10.6.2017, 20:21, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> The Ukrainian has been fantastic to watch.

Who's Ukrainan? (Other than Yury, obviously.)

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 9:33:30 PM6/10/17
1st Latvian slam champ I believe?

*skriptis

Jun 10, 2017, 10:01:02 PM6/10/17
Yama <yama21...@yahoo.co.uk> Wrote in message:
> 10.6.2017, 20:21, *skriptis kirjoitti:
>> The Ukrainian has been fantastic to watch.
>
> Who's Ukrainan? (Other than Yury, obviously.)

What Yury
?

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 8:02:29 AM6/11/17