Agassi isn't working with Djokovic any more

PeteWasLucky

Mar 30, 2018, 7:32:35 PM3/30/18
I don't know what Agassi expected.

jdeluise

Mar 30, 2018, 7:36:02 PM3/30/18
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:32:33 -0700, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> I don't know what Agassi expected.

Was he trying to get away from the nag?

John Liang

Mar 30, 2018, 10:00:00 PM3/30/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:32:35 AM UTC+11, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> I don't know what Agassi expected.

True, if Agassi wants to teach Djoker about winning ugly, Djoker probably knew everything there is about winning ugly. I can't see Agassi doing more than Becker did to Djoker's game.

PeteWasLucky

Mar 30, 2018, 10:48:21 PM3/30/18
> Was he trying to get away from the nag?

I think he is the nag for Steffi.

jdeluise

Mar 31, 2018, 12:11:03 AM3/31/18
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:48:19 -0700, PeteWasLucky wrote:

>> Was he trying to get away from the nag?
>
> I think he is the nag for Steffi.

No, he's the ass.

Pelle Svanslös

Mar 31, 2018, 3:59:08 AM3/31/18
On 31.3.2018 4:59, John Liang wrote:
> On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:32:35 AM UTC+11, PeteWasLucky
> wrote:
>> I don't know what Agassi expected.
>
> True, if Agassi wants to teach Djoker about winning ugly, Djoker
> probably knew everything there is about winning ugly.

Except for that in Agassi's case winning ugly meant spinning more and
bigger margins. That wasn't Djok's peak game.

Djok now does play with bigger margins, does much less with the ball.
The results are horrible.

> I can't see
> Agassi doing more than Becker did to Djoker's game.

Yes, good to see him gone. Hope he didn't give a schmaltzy farewell speech.

--
https://img.aws.la-croix.com/2014/08/19/1193729/Comment-Herge-alle-pecher-jurons-favoris-capitaine-Haddock-pointe-Bretagne_1_730_425.jpg

SliceAndDice

Apr 4, 2018, 10:32:02 AM4/4/18
On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 7:32:35 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> I don't know what Agassi expected.

Now Djoker drops Stepanek as well. He is having a very public meltdown at the moment. I think he needs to take more time off, and come back on his own terms, without pressure from sponsors or fans. He is in a very bad place mentally, whatever the hell is going on with him.

Pelle Svanslös

Apr 4, 2018, 11:37:12 AM4/4/18
On 4.4.2018 17:32, SliceAndDice wrote:
> On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 7:32:35 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> I don't know what Agassi expected.
>
> Now Djoker drops Stepanek as well.

Wow. How about going back to Marian Vajda?

--
https://img.aws.la-croix.com/2014/08/19/1193729/Comment-Herge-alle-pecher-jurons-favoris-capitaine-Haddock-pointe-Bretagne_1_730_425.jpg

*skriptis

Apr 4, 2018, 12:37:19 PM4/4/18
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.com> Wrote in message:
> On 4.4.2018 17:32, SliceAndDice wrote:
>> On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 7:32:35 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>>> I don't know what Agassi expected.
>>
>> Now Djoker drops Stepanek as well.
>
> Wow. How about going back to Marian Vajda?

He needs to go back to orthodox church and patriotism and stop
with that new age crap. Coach is only a secondary issue. There
are many great coaches. But there's only one proper state of
mind.

If he does that, returns to his roots, he's great again. If he
doesn't, he stays lost for ever.

It's up to him.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

PeteWasLucky

Apr 4, 2018, 12:38:38 PM4/4/18
> Wow. How about going back to Marian Vajda?

lol, now you are saying this?

You remember when people criticized me for criticizing Djokovic getting rid of the team that worked with him his entire career.

It's about trust and loyalty but I think he lacked it professionally and personally.

Pelle Svanslös

Apr 4, 2018, 2:05:27 PM4/4/18
On 4.4.2018 19:38, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> Wow. How about going back to Marian Vajda?
>
> lol, now you are saying this?
>
> You remember when people criticized me for criticizing Djokovic
> getting rid of the team that worked with him his entire career.

Sure. Maybe it looked like a good move then. Maybe it wasn't.

> It's about trust and loyalty but I think he lacked it professionally
> and personally.

Vajda could be an expensive man now.

--
https://img.aws.la-croix.com/2014/08/19/1193729/Comment-Herge-alle-pecher-jurons-favoris-capitaine-Haddock-pointe-Bretagne_1_730_425.jpg

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 5, 2018, 12:07:06 AM4/5/18
Yes... he cut off his professional lifeline, the very foundation his greatness was built upon... seems to have patched up his issues with his wife (she's travelling with him again), but, he's alone in a professional sense...

*skriptis

Apr 5, 2018, 3:25:39 AM4/5/18
Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
He should put her aside, start seeing other women to reignite his
masculine mojo and threaten her with divorce if she makes
complains.

And I'm not joking.

The thing is, she's been a big part of his problems, even though
ultimately, he, as a man is responsible for letting her screw
him.

I'll tell you a story, some time ago, both of them were at the
ceremony, his foundation, or something, which she's been running,
and while giving a speech, she made a joke how now it's his turn
to support her in her career and travel with her.

While that's a relatively funny joke, it's also a troubling truth,
reveals that he's got a feminist witch back home that he failed
to tame. She's totally unlike Roger's Mirka, who is traditional,
submissive, tribal, to the point of even abusing her husband's
opponents and heckling them. In Novak's case, he's got a wife who
thinks about 'her career' while being married to one of the
greatest tennis players ever. It's literally insane.

When you add to that Novak's bizarre inroads into new ageism,
veganism, you have him, a lost, weak man, both physically,
mentally and emotionally.

Such man can't be a tennis champion because he's doing everything
as if he were e.g. a Buddhist monk not a tennis pro.

From a gladiator warrior who's been making sign of cross after
matches and ripping his shirt, to a guy on a soy bugmen diet
sending hugs and hearts?

I bet his testosterone levels have dropped significantly.

Whisper

Apr 5, 2018, 4:49:18 AM4/5/18
To top it off women don't respect guys like that - too wussy.

You never see women gushing over effeminate guys. They just say there's
no 'spark'.

--
"A GOAT who isn't BOAT can never become GOAT if he plays alongside BOAT"

---
http://www.avg.com

Pelle Svanslös

Apr 5, 2018, 5:09:43 AM4/5/18
Djok's a Swede now. It all starts with the wife wearing the pants.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/shoulder-shrug-23429683.jpg

--
"We're trying to help you, Sir"
-- Paramedic in "Little Fockers"

jdeluise

Apr 5, 2018, 11:42:14 PM4/5/18
The over-the-top imagery only confirms your virginity. Poor guy.

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 6, 2018, 6:31:51 PM4/6/18
On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:25:39 AM UTC-7, *skriptis wrote:
> Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:
> >>
> >> lol, now you are saying this?
> >>
> >> You remember when people criticized me for criticizing Djokovic getting rid of the team that worked with him his entire career.
> >>
> >> It's about trust and loyalty but I think he lacked it professionally and personally.
> >
> > Yes... he cut off his professional lifeline, the very foundation his greatness was built upon... seems to have patched up his issues with his wife (she's travelling with him again), but, he's alone in a professional sense...

++ I'm taking this seriously, for the sake of discussing Nole... (and the fact this board is ALMOST DEVOID of actual tennis discussion nowdays)... SO, happy to have something tennis related to debate/discuss...

++ That being said, Nole's current 'situation' really does strike many in and around tennis as a near end-level event, a sign of the changing of the Big4 generational status...

> He should put her aside, start seeing other women to reignite his
> masculine mojo and threaten her with divorce if she makes
> complains.

> And I'm not joking.

> The thing is, she's been a big part of his problems, even though
> ultimately, he, as a man is responsible for letting her screw
> him.

Well, Pepe Imaz, seems to be THEE problem - if I were to attempt to identify just ONE bad influence... largely because Imaz and his New Age Spritualism (aesthetic and morealist thinking) while representing a kind of searching (yearning for meaning) Nole, now fully matured and married, has evidently been seeking, it's a TOUGH intergration when put in relation to an on-going athletic career, which requires 90% of ones internal resouces to be at the elite level of world tennis... Instead of cleanzing his mind and helping to be 'restorative' mentally and "spiritually" (in relation to his tennis) it's de-structured him, taken away the irritable angst he once fuelled his 'I'll-show-them-all" tennis... the internal necessity that once drove his championship play has dissolved, thus his resolve and driving ambition within the crutial moments on court...

OF COURSE winning over time, achieving life long goals, making vast amounts of money and constantly regalling oneself in the limelight of greatness ALSO TENDS to dry up the well of athletic internal necessity... and Nole's done it all in the game, basically... so... there's that...

> I'll tell you a story, some time ago, both of them were at the
> ceremony, his foundation, or something, which she's been running,
> and while giving a speech, she made a joke how now it's his turn
> to support her in her career and travel with her.

> While that's a relatively funny joke, it's also a troubling truth,
> reveals that he's got a feminist witch back home that he failed
> to tame. She's totally unlike Roger's Mirka, who is traditional,
> submissive, tribal, to the point of even abusing her husband's
> opponents and heckling them. In Novak's case, he's got a wife who
> thinks about 'her career' while being married to one of the
> greatest tennis players ever. It's literally insane.

++ Well, coutner point to that is the fact that Jelena was also THEE catalytic figure in his life that helped to make him what he ultimaely became in the world of tennis. 10 years ago, when they were 'dating' and he was known by her to be servicing other women in the side and generally partying too much (I understand they had an 'understanding' OF SOME SORT, at that point)... But it was Jelena who made the definitive breakthrough and pointed out to Nole that, yes he was super talented and all BUT he had to make a decision... She told him that Rafa and Roger were not tearing it up on their free time... they were ALL IN and asked him the ultimate question(s)... Could he grow up? Could he dedicate himself at that final level of dedication? DID HE WANT TO REALLY BE THE BEST? She basically called him out and made him face up to the facts... It was her mature, bottom line ultimatum to him that began the process that locked him into something akin to his total investment in himself.

++ And he knows it was her that brought him to that critical realisation, at the very time when it could have just evapourated... he could have been just a really, really good player, a guy who would win a few majors... but that would be it for him... instead she help him (was there for him) in his unlocking his full potential... she made up face himself and grow the fuck up, before he pissed his potential away after his initial successes... So, in that sense, she was INVALUABLE to him... and he KNOWS THIS... there's a debt of loyality and insight he can NEVER repay to her, professionally speaking...

> When you add to that Novak's bizarre inroads into new ageism,
> veganism, you have him, a lost, weak man, both physically,
> mentally and emotionally.
>
> Such man can't be a tennis champion because he's doing everything
> as if he were e.g. a Buddhist monk not a tennis pro.
>

> From a gladiator warrior who's been making sign of cross after
> matches and ripping his shirt, to a guy on a soy bugmen diet
> sending hugs and hearts?
>
> I bet his testosterone levels have dropped significantly.

++ Interesting...

Calimero

Apr 6, 2018, 6:57:00 PM4/6/18
I'd also prefer to spend time with Steffi than with the Joker.

Max

*skriptis

Apr 6, 2018, 7:51:41 PM4/6/18
I like your post. And I agree with most of it.

The part I disagree with is pepe imaz. I am quite positive that
pepe imaz has her support and that without her influence and her
crankiness, there would be no pepe imaz.

How come that Becker (he was the one who suggested Novak to fuck
some women prior that FO) or Vajda lost her tacit approval but
pepe still hasn't??

You mentioned a deal they had, he was sort of free to party with
chicks in younger days but she wanted him to stop once they get
married. That's all fine. She has done nothing wrong there and as
you say it, the immediate post marriage period was actually his
best period. It worked well until that affair prior the FO which
Becker asked him to do for stress relief purposes and to boost
his conquistador mentality.

Biological and sociological researches have shown that new fathers
experience drop in testosterone levels and Becker who had kids
during his career and with all the science behind them probably
knew the perils of changing diapers while going after FO. Fresh
pussy > baby shit if you want to increase man's natural
aggression.

It helped Novak to win ncygs but at the same hand, he felt
remorse. She was (rightfully) angry but instead of saying, yo,
relax, I'm yours, he opted to appease her in all sorts of stupid
ways. Unnecessary.

Now that's were it went wrong.

How? Well, problem #1, when you think bad of yourself, it will
reflect on you. I'm quite sure that he genuinely feels that he
has done something wrong, as he was a married father at the time,
which is bothering him and he intended to "improve as a person",
to grow. That's how this pepe nonsense sneaked in.

That's problem #2. While he was always type of a guy who'd search
for all sorts of answers and be open to new ideas, thoughts,
philosophies etc, he was basically a redneck, a based guy, and
nothing really shook his foundations. This nonsense, now has
shook him.
He's effectively lost his mojo.

So what I said in my previous post, he needs to stop thinking that
he betrayed her, or that he owes her anything. That's bad for his
self respect. Even if someone believed in full equality, it would
be logical and it is logical to support the spouse who's actually
doing more important job. And in this case it's him. Not her
running some irrelevant bussines. But he's letting her impose
herself because he feels guilt.

Imposing guilt on someone is the most effective mean of control.
It works for her self esteem and, but it's bad for his and his
career.

The stuff he's been probably hearing from pepe is how to "become a
better, holier than thou person".

Someone needs to tell him that he doesn't need to become a saint,
he can't, and most importantly, shouldn't become a saint, while
being a professional gladiator. If he tries both, he'll be
neither.

If he did that what we talk, it's still perfectly normal what he
did, and while it's not great, it's natural, he was in a specific
position, and anyway, it is she who should be happy if he's
faithful to her from now own, not the other way around, she's in
no position to demand anything.

That ncygs was very special and important and everything that
happened before or there, what he did, should be shrugged off,
not analyzed ad nauseam and serve as Damocles sword above his
head which forces him to go on this path of mental indoctrination
and psyche changing.

That's my view, sort of.

Essentially, he's tamed, while it should be the other way around.
Of course it's ultimately his fault because he conceded power,
not hers for taking it. He's now kinda like Murray almost always
has been.

PS Murray manned up during Lendl period.

Guypers

Apr 6, 2018, 8:09:50 PM4/6/18
You are one sick fukk, straight out of the middle ages, commie?

reilloc

Apr 7, 2018, 1:47:48 AM4/7/18
On 4/6/2018 5:31 PM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:25:39 AM UTC-7, *skriptis wrote:
>> Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:

>>> Yes... he cut off his professional lifeline, the very foundation his greatness was built upon... seems to have patched up his issues with his wife (she's travelling with him again), but, he's alone in a professional sense...
>
> ++ I'm taking this seriously, for the sake of discussing Nole... (and the fact this board is ALMOST DEVOID of actual tennis discussion nowdays)... SO, happy to have something tennis related to debate/discuss...

My. Aren't we honored to have you? You're such a stabilizing influence.
I mean how can we ever repay you for the service you're doing, taking
time away from your active psychiatry practice to favor us with both
your presence and your wisdom? Really, it's too much...

LNC

reilloc

Apr 7, 2018, 1:52:41 AM4/7/18
On 4/6/2018 5:31 PM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> Well, Pepe Imaz, seems to be THEE problem - if I were to attempt to identify just ONE bad influence... largely because Imaz and his New Age Spritualism (aesthetic and morealist thinking) while representing a kind of searching (yearning for meaning) Nole, now fully matured and married, has evidently been seeking, it's a TOUGH intergration when put in relation to an on-going athletic career, which requires 90% of ones internal resouces to be at the elite level of world tennis... Instead of cleanzing his mind and helping to be 'restorative' mentally and "spiritually" (in relation to his tennis) it's de-structured him, taken away the irritable angst he once fuelled his 'I'll-show-them-all" tennis... the internal necessity that once drove his championship play has dissolved, thus his resolve and driving ambition within the crutial moments on court...

You dig deep into the psyche of this man and worm out the very essence
of the problem he's facing in his career. Back in Vienna, where they
conferred on you the title of Herr Doktor Professor, I know they're
tapping their little fingertips together in glee about how you've put
your finger right on the sorest point.

Wait...

You had me going there for a minute. I thought you were talking about
Novak Djokovic when you were actually spilling your own guts about how
*you think you might feel* if you were ever to be confused with
world-class talent.

reilloc

Apr 7, 2018, 1:59:46 AM4/7/18
On 4/6/2018 5:31 PM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> ++ Well, coutner point to that is the fact that Jelena was also THEE catalytic figure in his life that helped to make him what he ultimaely became in the world of tennis. 10 years ago, when they were 'dating' and he was known by her to be servicing other women in the side and generally partying too much (I understand they had an 'understanding' OF SOME SORT, at that point)... But it was Jelena who made the definitive breakthrough and pointed out to Nole that, yes he was super talented and all BUT he had to make a decision... She told him that Rafa and Roger were not tearing it up on their free time... they were ALL IN and asked him the ultimate question(s)... Could he grow up? Could he dedicate himself at that final level of dedication? DID HE WANT TO REALLY BE THE BEST? She basically called him out and made him face up to the facts... It was her mature, bottom line ultimatum to him that began the process that locked him into something akin to his total investment in himself.
>
> ++ And he knows it was her that brought him to that critical realisation, at the very time when it could have just evapourated... he could have been just a really, really good player, a guy who would win a few majors... but that would be it for him... instead she help him (was there for him) in his unlocking his full potential... she made up face himself and grow the fuck up, before he pissed his potential away after his initial successes... So, in that sense, she was INVALUABLE to him... and he KNOWS THIS... there's a debt of loyality and insight he can NEVER repay to her, professionally speaking...

This is almost like reading the first-hand account of somebody who was
right there, privvy to inside information and insights into the personal
life of a celebrity--but it's wild, fucking, ass, guessing and
speculation, isn't it? It's what you got online and through a
subscription to Serbian Boy's Life and then padded heavily with, again,
*how it might feel to you if you were anywhere close to being there.*

It's precious, how you make this dreary Serb's travails into a bodice
ripper of a fantasy. Further, it's like you're trying to speak to him
through the miracle of Usenet and shake him out of this funk, this
wrongheadedness, this tragedy of a life made complete by abstaining from
gluten now gone horribly sideways.

Wake me when he becomes the next Tiriac thug.

reilloc

Apr 7, 2018, 2:02:50 AM4/7/18
On 4/6/2018 5:31 PM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
There. The climax capper. You throw a bone to the drunken, moronic Croat
who's the only one who wants to indulge your amateur psychoanalyzing of
an organism that lacks a psycho to analyze. What? Did he comp you a
subscription to the dailystormer?

LNC

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 7, 2018, 3:33:54 AM4/7/18
??????

It's just a tennis group to chat and exchange views on tennis... not sure what all the sarcasim and thinly masked hatred for Nole is all about... jezz...

:)

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 7, 2018, 3:40:21 AM4/7/18
1. Nole's climbed the championship mountian and he's burned down...

2. Winning and dominating also ends at some point; he's having to face the possibility of now being merely really, really good...

3. AND having dedicated his life to tennis for 20 years, he's looking for more... he's admitted he wants to 'grow as a person'... he's having his existential moment of self-reflection and finding he'd like to answer a few things about life, etc., as he's talked about...

4. Championship tennis doesn't 'tend' to mesh will with inner voyages of self-discovery and spiritual quests... and he's finding that out too...

5. Plus, those injuries do tend to linger as one gets older... normal entropy all athletes have to face up to, sooner or later...

:)

Calimero

Apr 7, 2018, 4:56:38 AM4/7/18
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 7:52:41 AM UTC+2, reilloc wrote:
> On 4/6/2018 5:31 PM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>
> > Well, Pepe Imaz, seems to be THEE problem - if I were to attempt to identify just ONE bad influence... largely because Imaz and his New Age Spritualism (aesthetic and morealist thinking) while representing a kind of searching (yearning for meaning) Nole, now fully matured and married, has evidently been seeking, it's a TOUGH intergration when put in relation to an on-going athletic career, which requires 90% of ones internal resouces to be at the elite level of world tennis... Instead of cleanzing his mind and helping to be 'restorative' mentally and "spiritually" (in relation to his tennis) it's de-structured him, taken away the irritable angst he once fuelled his 'I'll-show-them-all" tennis... the internal necessity that once drove his championship play has dissolved, thus his resolve and driving ambition within the crutial moments on court...
>
> You dig deep into the psyche of this man and worm out the very essence
> of the problem he's facing in his career. Back in Vienna, where they
> conferred on you the title of Herr Doktor Professor, ...

"The title of Herr Doktor Professor"!

Lol ...

Let me guess - you are American?

Max

Whisper

Apr 7, 2018, 8:23:58 AM4/7/18
On 7/04/2018 8:31 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:25:39 AM UTC-7, *skriptis wrote:
>> Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> Wrote in message:

>>> Yes... he cut off his professional lifeline, the very foundation his greatness was built upon... seems to have patched up his issues with his wife (she's travelling with him again), but, he's alone in a professional sense...
>
> ++ I'm taking this seriously, for the sake of discussing Nole... (and the fact this board is ALMOST DEVOID of actual tennis discussion nowdays)... SO, happy to have something tennis related to debate/discuss...
>
> ++ That being said, Nole's current 'situation' really does strike many in and around tennis as a near end-level event, a sign of the changing of the Big4 generational status...

It still amuses me no end how I put the mockers on Nole. I made several
threads after he won 2016 FO that he was on the threshold of goathood
with just 3 more slam wins in the following 6 months. Had he done that
he'd tick off these monumental milestones;

The only man to win calendar slam on 3 surfaces
The only man to win 7 AO's
The only player (male or female) to win 7 successive slams

In this amazing mix he'd also have;

15 slams total
4 Wim/3USO

He'd have very strong claims to goat/boat title.

So what Happened? He completely lost his mojo & hasn't won a slam
since, & looks to be done. Wow - talk about falling off a very big cliff.

*skriptis

Apr 7, 2018, 12:26:55 PM4/7/18
Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com> Wrote in message:
So you believe in jinx now? :-))