Sampras said Federer's era is as hard as his era

1 view

wkhedr

Dec 16, 2010, 4:43:25 PM12/16/10

SliceAndDice

Dec 16, 2010, 5:17:09 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 4:43 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/b36...

Amusing to see bob and Whisper being huge Roddick fanbois at that
time. When did they jump ship? 2005?

CloudsRest

Dec 16, 2010, 5:23:37 PM12/16/10

More amusing: bubba owes karen wall $100. wonder if the weasel ever
paid up.

Inglourious Basterd

Dec 16, 2010, 6:08:14 PM12/16/10

Post no 17 from Whisper amused me especially.

Inglourious Basterd

Dec 16, 2010, 6:10:23 PM12/16/10

hahaha yes................USO 2005. We all knew bob was a moron but
this confirms it even more.

Ali Asoag

Dec 16, 2010, 9:45:50 PM12/16/10
On 12/16/2010 2:43 PM, wkhedr wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/b36507ce9bec22f0/d588492b7a8aef5f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=whisper+federer#d588492b7a8aef5f

Whisper (like TT) is a liar, that's as clear as glass.

I like the discussion back then about Henman v Fed = 6 : 1 and then
someone said "But Fed has 1 Wim trophy, Heman doesn't". LOL. So much
about H2H

TT

Dec 17, 2010, 12:43:33 AM12/17/10
On 17.12.2010 4:45, Ali Asoag wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 2:43 PM, wkhedr wrote:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/b36507ce9bec22f0/d588492b7a8aef5f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=whisper+federer#d588492b7a8aef5f
>>

> Whisper (like TT) is a liar, that's as clear as glass.

Slander...

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

Fan

Dec 17, 2010, 3:53:37 AM12/17/10

I do not know if these people were “Roddick fanbois” or not, poster
with many names but
Roddick did show a lot of promise early in his career that did not
materialize beyond 1 slam, 29 titles and a brief period as #1.
This would be considered a great accomplishment by any standards but
unfortunately he is the top US player and he could not quite fill the
shoes of previous top US players who were also the world’s top
players.

Iceberg

Dec 17, 2010, 5:54:22 AM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 5:43 am, TT <d...@do.it> wrote:
> On 17.12.2010 4:45, Ali Asoag wrote:
>
> > On 12/16/2010 2:43 PM, wkhedr wrote:
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/b36...

> > Whisper (like TT) is a liar, that's as clear as glass.
>
> Slander...

he should be imprisoned.

Superdave

Dec 17, 2010, 12:57:25 PM12/17/10

More like the looney bin is where he belongs no?

only human

Dec 17, 2010, 4:03:08 PM12/17/10

Sampras talks a lot about how much better Federer was getting before he
retired. im starting to think Federer was
one of the main reasons why Pete hung up his racket when he did. seems
like he
saw what was coming if he stuck around
longer. pity Pete wimped out. and didn't even try to play 1 or 2 years
longer. he wasn't that old when he retired after all.

Whisper

Dec 17, 2010, 4:11:51 PM12/17/10

He lost motivation. If he knew Fed would break his slam record I'm sure
he woulda fired up another few yrs.

He thought he'd be a very old man before that record is broken. There's
a chance within 10 yrs of his retirement 2 guys woulda gone past 14.

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 9:22:16 PM12/17/10

Talking from prison?

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 9:22:29 PM12/17/10
On 12/16/2010 10:43 PM, TT wrote:
> On 17.12.2010 4:45, Ali Asoag wrote:
>> On 12/16/2010 2:43 PM, wkhedr wrote:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_frm/thread/b36507ce9bec22f0/d588492b7a8aef5f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=whisper+federer#d588492b7a8aef5f
>>>

>> Whisper (like TT) is a liar, that's as clear as glass.
>>

> Slander...

Truth hurts ...

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 9:28:58 PM12/17/10
On 12/17/2010 2:11 PM, Whisper wrote:
> On 18/12/2010 8:03 AM, only human wrote:
>>
>> Sampras talks a lot about how much better Federer was getting before he
>> retired. im starting to think Federer was
>> one of the main reasons why Pete hung up his racket when he did. seems
>> like he
>> saw what was coming if he stuck around
>> longer. pity Pete wimped out. and didn't even try to play 1 or 2 years
>> longer. he wasn't that old when he retired after all.
>>

> He lost motivation.

Well, twice thrashed by the young generation was not nice ... Everybody
would lose motivation.

> If he knew Fed would break his slam record I'm sure
> he woulda fired up another few yrs.

... and would have gotten humiliated.

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 9:24:15 PM12/17/10
On 12/17/2010 3:54 AM, Iceberg wrote:

No, you cannot imprison someone for lying ...

Superdave

Dec 17, 2010, 9:51:26 PM12/17/10

yes you can. it's called perjury.

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 9:56:22 PM12/17/10

OK, but lying and perjury are not always the same. Depends on when you
are lying (under oath or not).

Superdave

Dec 17, 2010, 10:01:09 PM12/17/10

the point is you CAN imprison someone for lying. your statement was therefore a lie.

Ali Asoag

Dec 17, 2010, 10:15:39 PM12/17/10

The statement referred to a "normal" lie, not to a perjury. You seem to
have learned something from Whisper, i.e. twisting words ...

Superdave

Dec 18, 2010, 1:38:35 AM12/18/10

No. YOU didn't say a "normal" lie. You said lie. Perjury is a lie. Only later after I called you on it you started
waffling your terms.

Whisper

Dec 18, 2010, 7:01:42 AM12/18/10
On 18/12/2010 1:28 PM, Ali Asoag wrote:
> On 12/17/2010 2:11 PM, Whisper wrote:
>> On 18/12/2010 8:03 AM, only human wrote:
>>>
>>> Sampras talks a lot about how much better Federer was getting before he
>>> retired. im starting to think Federer was
>>> one of the main reasons why Pete hung up his racket when he did. seems
>>> like he
>>> saw what was coming if he stuck around
>>> longer. pity Pete wimped out. and didn't even try to play 1 or 2 years
>>> longer. he wasn't that old when he retired after all.
>>>

>> He lost motivation.
>
> Well, twice thrashed by the young generation was not nice ... Everybody
> would lose motivation.

How come you never acknowledge old Sampras thrashed Hewitt & Safin at
2000 & 2001 USOs?

Go on be a man.

Iceberg

Dec 18, 2010, 7:53:08 AM12/18/10
On Dec 18, 6:38 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:15:39 -0700, Ali Asoag <Ali.Aso...@arcor.de> wrote:

> >> the point is you CAN imprison someone for lying. your statement was therefore a lie.
>
> >The statement referred to a "normal" lie, not to a perjury. You seem to
> >have learned something from Whisper, i.e. twisting words ...
>
> No. YOU didn't say a "normal" lie. You said lie. Perjury is a lie. Only later after I called you on it you started
> waffling your terms.

he should be locked up for double-lying!

Ali Asoag

Dec 18, 2010, 11:07:37 AM12/18/10

So Sampras *was* motivated? Why such a lie?

Ali Asoag

Dec 18, 2010, 11:09:36 AM12/18/10

The post was referring to Whisper lying in terms of tennis. That hardly
can be perjury. Try to learn reading in context ...

Patrick Kehoe

Dec 18, 2010, 5:30:16 PM12/18/10

... coulda, woulda and certainly shoulda, then :)

Pete was a titanic talent... what a great player... he won a ton...
true legend... I LOVED watching him munch Agassi!

Ali Asoag

Dec 18, 2010, 6:40:17 PM12/18/10

Too bad he has an ignorant as fan. ;-)