Vintage Rafa!

TT

Apr 24, 2016, 2:01:45 PM4/24/16
I told you he's back... Vamos!

9 Monte Carlo
9 Barcelona
9 French Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE

Court_1

Apr 24, 2016, 2:08:30 PM4/24/16
It's nice to see him playing so much better. But let's not get crazy. He's not completely back until he can beat Porcupine. He can beat everybody else on clay though.

acebh...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2016, 2:16:39 PM4/24/16
Rafa is definitely not back.

Djokovic has lost his quota of surprise clay loss for the year. No more loss for Nole, he is winning the French open for sure.

bob

Apr 24, 2016, 9:00:04 PM4/24/16
you're setting yourself up for a fall TT. please, i beg, don't tout
rafa til after FO.

bob

The Iceberg

Apr 25, 2016, 5:28:41 AM4/25/16
AMAZING!

TT

Apr 25, 2016, 7:59:59 AM4/25/16
I don't see how your post was relevant to what I wrote...

But as for Rafa's chances at RG... I tend to agree with Fed, Djoko
hasn't won a single RG title still and it seems ridiculous to have him
currently as the favourite.

Whisper

Apr 25, 2016, 8:40:05 AM4/25/16
Hmm, maybe not so ridiculous. He's made 3 FO finals + many semis. He
also smashed Rafa at last FO 75 63 61, & has won 4 of the last 5 slams,
making all 5 finals.

He has to start as fave at this point, with Rafa only marginally behind imo.

bob

Apr 25, 2016, 10:09:37 AM4/25/16
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:00:04 +0300, TT <as...@dprk.kp> wrote:

>25.4.2016, 3:59, bob kirjoitti:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:01:49 +0300, TT <as...@dprk.kp> wrote:
>>
>>> I told you he's back... Vamos!
>>>
>>> 9 Monte Carlo
>>> 9 Barcelona
>>> 9 French Open
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE
>>
>> you're setting yourself up for a fall TT. please, i beg, don't tout
>> rafa til after FO.
>>
>> bob
>>

>I don't see how your post was relevant to what I wrote...

you said "i told you he's back...Vamos." he's "back" when he WINS FO,
not when he wins barcelona.

>But as for Rafa's chances at RG... I tend to agree with Fed, Djoko
>hasn't won a single RG title still and it seems ridiculous to have him
>currently as the favourite.

don't go there, please!!!

bob

bob

Apr 25, 2016, 10:12:25 AM4/25/16
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 22:40:01 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:
as of now that's how i it looks. djok still fave, rafa 2nd choice,
fed/murray next. after that don't see it. how bout that, the big 4
again.

bob

Court_1

Apr 25, 2016, 11:59:09 AM4/25/16
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:59:59 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:

> I don't see how your post was relevant to what I wrote...
>
> But as for Rafa's chances at RG... I tend to agree with Fed, Djoko
> hasn't won a single RG title still and it seems ridiculous to have him
> currently as the favourite.

But that isn't what Federer said at all. Federer said Djokovic IS the favorite to win the FO but Nadal is Nadal and Nadal is the King of Clay.

There's no question Djokovic is the favorite to win the FO but if Nadal can beat Djokovic in Madrid or Rome, that will change. He has to beat Djokovic again,let's not pretend otherwise. Or Djokovic will have to lose early and not make it to Nadal. If that happens, Nadal will surely capitalize.

Court_1

Apr 25, 2016, 12:08:47 PM4/25/16
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:40:05 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

> Hmm, maybe not so ridiculous. He's made 3 FO finals + many semis. He
> also smashed Rafa at last FO 75 63 61, & has won 4 of the last 5 slams,
> making all 5 finals.
>
> He has to start as fave at this point, with Rafa only marginally behind imo.

Djokovic is definitely the fave to win the FO at this moment. That can change if Nadal beats Djokovic in Madrid or Rome or if Djokovic falls to some other clown and Nadal wins in Madrid/Rome.

acebh...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2016, 2:13:04 PM4/25/16
Djokovic is going to win this year's FO for sure.

John Liang

Apr 26, 2016, 2:54:33 AM4/26/16
Nadal is not just marginally behind but quite a bit behind. Djokovic won 4 out of last 5 slams and at the same time Nadal own 3 matches in the last 3 slams he contested. He is been seen as close purely base on the his previous record at FO and his last two clay court tournament wins.

Whisper

Apr 26, 2016, 7:20:15 AM4/26/16
Agreed. Nice bit of momentum from Rafa atm but needs to keep it going &
step up a bit more.

Whisper

Apr 26, 2016, 8:37:07 AM4/26/16
to John Liang
Still it is clay & Rafa is the god of that surface & leads Djoker 6-1
h2h at FO. At this stage I'd say Djoker is a slim fave to win.

John Liang

Apr 26, 2016, 10:15:46 PM4/26/16
God, he lost more often to Djoker in the last few years than winning. We are not talking about sets here but how many games he won against Djoker in the last three years.