Kim's 3rd round curse

Sakari Lund

Jan 22, 2011, 4:53:07 AM1/22/11

Played an awful match again. Not quite like last year, but pretty
awful. Cornet had absolutely no weapons to hurt Kim, but Kim made it
difficult with all the errors. Hope that was the bad match in this
tournament.

only human

Jan 22, 2011, 7:35:25 AM1/22/11

What do you mean again? Kim has been ruthless in her previous 2 matches.
you sir are way to critical. Kim played a tight 1st set against Cornet
making a lot of uf errors. but played a brilliant tiebreak to win that
set. and much better over all in the 2nd set. well done Kim!

Sakari Lund

Jan 22, 2011, 8:02:15 AM1/22/11
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 07:35:25 -0500, surf...@webtv.net (only human)
wrote:

She can hardly play any worse than today. Except last year in the 3rd
round she did. You seem to be happy with her game if she only wins.

only human

Jan 22, 2011, 8:38:43 AM1/22/11

No i just think your to critical of Kim in this first tested match. i
take it even if Kim wins this event you will have something to complain
about.

Rodjk #613

Jan 22, 2011, 8:54:48 AM1/22/11

I think Sakari's point is that Kim should not be 'tested' by Cornet.
That this match was as close as it was, and due to Kim's flat play and
UE's shows that she needs to pick it up against tougher players.

Rodjk #613

only human

Jan 22, 2011, 12:30:30 PM1/22/11

Now that i understand. Sakari is coming across like a alien to me if
what you said is what he meant.

Sakari Lund

Jan 22, 2011, 12:48:54 PM1/22/11

That's what I said in other words. I'll ask you to translate if my
posts aren't understood in the future :-)

drew

Jan 22, 2011, 2:31:20 PM1/22/11

Cornet has nice legs and I like to watch her.

Maybe it sounds cruel but I think Clijsters looks a little bit like a
pig. I mean
when she smiles she looks like a pig. Nice girl. But cute like a
pig.

Sakari Lund

Jan 22, 2011, 2:39:09 PM1/22/11
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:31:20 -0800 (PST), drew <dr...@technologist.com>
wrote:

Heh. I can see the resemblance with the Shrek character everyone is
talking about. That's on court when she is waiting to return serve or
something like that. Off court she looks quite OK.

SliceAndDice

Jan 22, 2011, 2:40:10 PM1/22/11
On Jan 22, 4:53 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

Funny quote I found on twitter:
KIM CLIJSTERS: It's my tournament to lose, and I'm going to try hard
to do that.

Sakari Lund

Jan 22, 2011, 2:42:53 PM1/22/11

LOL. She did that today...

Rodjk #613

Jan 24, 2011, 10:43:47 AM1/24/11
On Jan 22, 1:39 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:31:20 -0800 (PST), drew <d...@technologist.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On Jan 22, 4:53 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> >> Played an awful match again. Not quite like last year, but pretty
> >> awful. Cornet had absolutely no weapons to hurt Kim, but Kim made it
> >> difficult with all the errors. Hope that was the bad match in this
> >> tournament.
>
> >Cornet has nice legs and I like to watch her.

I think she is cute, also. I am glad she seems to be playing well and
at least gave Kim a good match. Her game has fallen off though...at
one time she seemed to be a solid prospect but she has lost something.
I think a couple of Fed Cup loses (one in particular to Mattek-Sands)
took some wind from her sails. Good to see her playing well and maybe
getting some confidence back.

> >Maybe it sounds cruel but I think Clijsters looks a little bit like a
> >pig.  I mean
> >when she smiles she looks like a pig.  Nice girl. But cute like a
> >pig.
>
> Heh. I can see the resemblance with the Shrek character everyone is
> talking about. That's on court when she is waiting to return serve or
> something like that. Off court she looks quite OK.

Pretty much the way I see it, too.
I have often thought that it is better for their tennis if the women
are not thought of as 'models'...from the days where Gabby got all the
attention while Graf built her game in relative obscurity. Like Kim,
Graf was attractive but not a standout. (Sorry Sakari, but I do think
Graf is/was better looking than Kim)
But Kim seems pleasant and is attractive in her own way. I tend to
think of it as my 20's rule...

If I was single and in my 20's, would I have dated someone who looks
like her...
my answer is yes.

Rodjk #613

Calimero

Jan 24, 2011, 11:15:31 AM1/24/11

I agree - I would have dated Kim (and Steffi of course, too - but not
at the same time!).

Max