Zverev Federer Montreal 2017 final

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:31:39 PM8/13/17
Federer playing ok, not great.

Zverev is tight, errors rare, anticipation and shot selection top notch.

Zverev off the blocks 4-1.

Fed seems to have woken up a little now at 2-4.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:35:33 PM8/13/17
Fed misfiring / overfiring routine shots, many UEs.

Zverev comfortably moves to 5-2

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:37:38 PM8/13/17
Fed holds at love. Too late perhaps. 3-5

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 4:40:20 PM8/13/17
Everything working for Zverev right now. Simply monstrous game. Roger been sluggish all week, Zverev been the first person to take advantage (Well, Ferrer too to an extent)

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:43:12 PM8/13/17
Zverev chokes a little with 4 2nd serves and couple of UEs to let Fed have a whiff a 30 all. Then two big first serves and the first set is over in 30 minutes 6-3 Zverev.

The hype is real.

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 4:43:18 PM8/13/17
Zverevs second serve has been unplayable so far. Fed really needs to take care of things on his end in order to stand a chance.

Court_1

Aug 13, 2017, 4:44:30 PM8/13/17
It's ok. Let the kid Zverev win it. The sport needs younger players who can step up!

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 4:46:09 PM8/13/17
When was the last time Fed only had 3 winners in a set? Can't recall.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:46:12 PM8/13/17
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 2:43:18 AM UTC+6, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Zverevs second serve has been unplayable so far. Fed really needs to take care of things on his end in order to stand a chance.

Fed needs to rev it up by a couple of gears otherwise he is toast.

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 4:47:37 PM8/13/17
Yep I would not mind this result either.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:48:34 PM8/13/17
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 2:44:30 AM UTC+6, Court_1 wrote:
> It's ok. Let the kid Zverev win it. The sport needs younger players who can step up!

No. I want Fed to win.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 4:53:33 PM8/13/17
Finally. Fed's first breakpoint. He has stepped it up a notch. He needs to keep up the pressure and tighten just a bit more and the babyface might self destruct. Showing a few signs.

RaspingDrive

Aug 13, 2017, 5:10:57 PM8/13/17
out of sorts Federer broken in the second set.

Court_1

Aug 13, 2017, 5:11:26 PM8/13/17
Fed's not winning this match. The commentators are speculating that something must be wrong with his back or something else because his service motion is different and his serve speeds are way off.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:12:43 PM8/13/17
Both players holding serves comfily after the first two games. 3-3 in the 2nd.

Fed just shanked FOUR shots in a row in the 7th game. Zero intensity. Utter self destruction. Zverev breaks at love. He doesn't want to put in the effort to win this. So odd to watch. This is a below average performance from Fed.

Manuel aka Xax

Aug 13, 2017, 5:14:41 PM8/13/17
Le dimanche 13 août 2017 22:44:30 UTC+2, Court_1 a écrit :
> It's ok. Let the kid Zverev win it. The sport needs younger players who can step up!

Will only be the SECOND player to get multiple M1000 with Tsonga, since the rise of the big 4, for it has become obvious th

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:14:46 PM8/13/17
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:11:26 AM UTC+6, Court_1 wrote:
> Fed's not winning this match. The commentators are speculating that something must be wrong with his back or something else because his service motion is different and his serve speeds are way off.

Yep it's very odd. He has just given up. Sad to watch. May be he wants to focus on USO.

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 5:15:00 PM8/13/17
He is injured. Not even making a move to get to Zverev's shots.

Court_1

Aug 13, 2017, 5:16:02 PM8/13/17
On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 5:15:00 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> He is injured. Not even making a move to get to Zverev's shots.

Yep, something is physically wrong with him.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:18:12 PM8/13/17
Too bad he is about to beat a low performance Fed (injury? fatigue? something mental?) to do that.

Manuel aka Xax

Aug 13, 2017, 5:18:56 PM8/13/17
Shit, typed too fast for the bluetooth keyboard :-)

Was about to write: it has become obvious that Federer has a back and/or knee problem.
Zverev serving for the match.

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:22:09 PM8/13/17
Zverev wins. Bizarre self-destructive play by Federer from 3-3 second set onwards.

Is he building up Zverev to let him down where it matters?

Manuel aka Xax

Aug 13, 2017, 5:24:39 PM8/13/17
Le dimanche 13 août 2017 23:11:26 UTC+2, Court_1 a écrit :
> Fed's not winning this match. The commentators are speculating that something must be wrong with his back or something else because his service motion is different and his serve speeds are way off.

Plus returning position, which was hardly seen before : standing straight as any capital I :-/

Zverev won 6/3 6/4
Congrats for an amazing start in this match, and becoming the second player to get more than a single M1000 under the Big4 tyranny !

SliceAndDice

Aug 13, 2017, 5:24:47 PM8/13/17
Come on, he was clearly injured and Sascha was too good today. Why are you looking for convoluted reasons? :)

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:30:14 PM8/13/17
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:24:47 AM UTC+6, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Come on, he was clearly injured and Sascha was too good today. Why are you looking for convoluted reasons? :)

Fed's giving his loser's speech in fluent French. Doesn't seem bothered by the loss one bit. Great to hear. :)

AZ

Aug 13, 2017, 5:34:06 PM8/13/17
Well, the big 4 was not there. Djokovic was not playing. Nor Murray. Nadal doesn't play well in this part of the season. Only had to beat old, stiff Federer. But he got it done.