Fed looks in supreme form

grif

Nov 22, 2011, 3:41:43 PM11/22/11
Surely he can't lose this.

Booger

Nov 22, 2011, 3:45:37 PM11/22/11
On Nov 22, 1:41 pm, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Surely he can't lose this.

Never know with Fed these days. He can play great one set and then
play like crap the next. He always seems to come out strong against
Nadal too and we all know what the end result usually is...

grif

Nov 22, 2011, 3:50:31 PM11/22/11

"Booger" <porth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
1st set: Fed 12 winners. Nads only 1 winner.

Scott

Nov 22, 2011, 3:54:11 PM11/22/11
On Nov 22, 3:50 pm, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Booger" <porthos...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I'm stuck in an office. feel free to offer play-by-play! (OK to post
after every point!)

RzR

Nov 22, 2011, 3:57:32 PM11/22/11
you know when you take the trash out at home?

thats what fed is doing to rafa

grif

Nov 22, 2011, 3:57:43 PM11/22/11

"Scott" <scot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Have a look at this if u can't see the stream:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9645326.stm

arnab.z@gmail

Nov 22, 2011, 3:57:36 PM11/22/11
What a forehand from Federer to get that break in the 1st game of the
2nd set. Vintage stuff!

Scott

Nov 22, 2011, 3:59:59 PM11/22/11
On Nov 22, 3:57 pm, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Scott" <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
thanks, appreciated.

SliceAndDice

Nov 22, 2011, 4:02:02 PM11/22/11
Fed is winning most of the backhand to forehand exchanges. Now that is
an ominous sign for Nadal.

arnab.z@gmail

Nov 22, 2011, 4:04:21 PM11/22/11
Wow! This is exceptional stuff from Federer. He's not missing anything
at all.

only human

Nov 22, 2011, 4:00:56 PM11/22/11

I wish the stupid tennis pundits would say for once why can't the 5 year
younger Nadal adjust his game to play Federer better on surfacing like
this? this is always asked of Roger when ever he plays Nadal on clay. in
fact some tennis pundits add insult to inury and add things like if
Federer is so great why can't he adjust his game against Rafa on clay. i
will never understand why this is never said in reverse when ever these
guy's play on a surface like this in London. for those watching on the
tennis channel did you notice the insult Jimmy shot at Federer towards
the end of the 1st set. that Jimmy guy can be such a scumbag. i never
believe any praise he gives to Federer. the guy is a total phony.

SliceAndDice

Nov 22, 2011, 4:11:31 PM11/22/11
This is one highlight reel of a match from the GOAT so far. Making
Rafa look very ordinary.

Booger

Nov 22, 2011, 4:10:32 PM11/22/11
> at all.- Hide quoted text -

So, bagel or breadstick from Fed the baker?

arnab.z@gmail

Nov 22, 2011, 4:06:45 PM11/22/11
This has got to be a flash in the pan. I don't want to get sucked into
believing a second-coming of God Fed and get burned next year.

But Federer is playing outstanding, peak-level tennis at the moment. I
don't know how, why or why at this stage of his career. But I am going
to enjoy it while it lasts.

RzR

Nov 22, 2011, 4:13:32 PM11/22/11
because nadal is just an insignificant footnote in federers career

arnab.z@gmail

Nov 22, 2011, 4:13:57 PM11/22/11
Goodness. He's going to bagel Rafa. That's incredible.

grif

Nov 22, 2011, 4:15:31 PM11/22/11

"SliceAndDice" <vish...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I can't remember if Fed's played better against Nads. Probably not.

arnab.z@gmail

Nov 22, 2011, 4:17:54 PM11/22/11
On Nov 23, 3:15 am, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "SliceAndDice" <visha...@gmail.com> wrote in message
This is unbelievable stuff from Federer. Swatting away a 10-slam
winner Rafa like a school-kid there. Utter humiliation. A schooling
from a maestro. Flawless tennis.

SliceAndDice

Nov 22, 2011, 4:14:36 PM11/22/11
Oh I am sure this is a flash in the pan. But oh, what a glorious flash
in the pan :) Tennis from the heavens.

grif

Nov 22, 2011, 4:21:55 PM11/22/11

"arnab.z@gmail" <arnab....@gmail.com> wrote in message
Think it was the commentator for this match, Robbie Koenig who said Fed was
unplayable. Later on he said he was running out of superlatives. Pretty much
sums it up.

Manuel aka Xax

Nov 22, 2011, 4:30:03 PM11/22/11
Quite not.
Definetly not.
Trying to figure out how many slams would have won had Nadal not
played the game is somewhat crazy. We are considering something like
22 at the very least.
Can't consider any player (not matter how much/low you like his game/
caracter) capable of preventing another from so many slams as a
footnote.

I hardly can stand Connors, yet he wasn't a footnote on Mac's carrer,
nor on Ashes's nor on Borg.
I truly like Becker, yet slam-wise, I would have liked Boris a lot
more had he lost a bit more to Stefan!
I hope you got the picture I'm trying to draw.

RzR

Nov 22, 2011, 4:49:38 PM11/22/11
yeah but i put that on fed being lazy, rather than nadal being that
good...so footnote

Court_1

Nov 22, 2011, 4:52:33 PM11/22/11
> to enjoy it while it lasts.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly. Enjoy it while it lasts because when he is "on" it is a
beautiful thing to watch.

Giovanna

Nov 22, 2011, 6:29:06 PM11/22/11

> you know when you take the trash out at home?
>
> thats what fed is doing to rafa

LOL!!

Giovanna

Nov 22, 2011, 6:30:28 PM11/22/11

> Goodness. He's going to bagel Rafa. That's incredible.

~~

Giovanna

Nov 22, 2011, 6:30:42 PM11/22/11

> This is unbelievable stuff from Federer. Swatting away a 10-slam
> winner Rafa like a school-kid there. Utter humiliation. A schooling
> from a maestro. Flawless tennis.

~~~~

Superdave

Nov 22, 2011, 8:40:57 PM11/22/11
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:02:02 -0800 (PST), SliceAndDice <vish...@gmail.com>
wrote:
nadal is a washed up has been.

Superdave

Nov 22, 2011, 8:43:03 PM11/22/11
This is what happens when they don't let Rafa CHEAT !

The whole h2h is distorted because of his CHEATING in the past and will be
correct with an * in the history books eventually.

Superdave

Nov 22, 2011, 8:44:40 PM11/22/11
i already predicted he will win 3 slams next year. now i predict rafa will win
0.