Manco vs Iceberg

grif

Feb 10, 2011, 11:50:06 AM2/10/11
Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre, but strangely fun, poster in rst ?

Manco looked all set for loony tunes GOAThood, but the up 'n coming next-gen
Iceberg is surely gaining ground into Manco's GOATness.

Iceberg

Feb 10, 2011, 12:28:22 PM2/10/11

tough vote :)

Patrick Kehoe

Feb 10, 2011, 12:37:13 PM2/10/11

Sorry Ice... isn't even close... Manco is the parallexing master of
all that is surreal here at RST... Ice is controversial, in a "don't
give me this 24/7/365 Feddie's the univeral constant of tennis love-in
shit" kinda way... and he's refreshing for that perspective
actually... we don't agree on much but he has is opinions and views
and I have mine and that's cool... he makes very good points very
often, actually...

felangey

Feb 10, 2011, 1:03:32 PM2/10/11
>Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre, but strangely fun, poster in rst ?<

Way to encourage them. :\

Joe Ramirez

Feb 10, 2011, 1:23:31 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 11:50 am, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre

Both.

> but strangely fun

Neither.

jdeluise

Feb 10, 2011, 1:31:04 PM2/10/11

On 10-Feb-2011, "grif" <griff...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre, but strangely fun, poster in rst ?
>

> Manco looked all set for loony tunes GOAThood, but the up 'n coming
> next-gen
> Iceberg is surely gaining ground into Manco's GOATness.

Neither of them bother me. But there's no point in arguing with them, as
they're just here to stir up trouble.

Raja, The Great

Feb 10, 2011, 1:30:55 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 11:50 am, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Both serve one Purpose. Annoy everyone else. And both are getting away
with it. RST is way too soft on worthless cretins like these. After
all whisper survived for 10 years being a genuine asshole

grif

Feb 10, 2011, 3:12:39 PM2/10/11

"jdeluise" <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Well, with these two, I always get the feeling that their tongue is firmly
in their cheek. Prof X is also similar.

On the other hand, rst used to have someone like Groundaxe who really did
seem like a miserable git and took himself so seriously (and was wrong on
his predictions so often it became a running joke), so things could be
worse.

Manco

Feb 10, 2011, 3:18:01 PM2/10/11
I resemble that remark! :-)))))

Joe Ramirez

Feb 10, 2011, 3:19:35 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 3:12 pm, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 10-Feb-2011, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre, but strangely fun, poster in rst
> >> ?
>
> >> Manco looked all set for loony tunes GOAThood, but the up 'n coming
> >> next-gen
> >> Iceberg is surely gaining ground into Manco's GOATness.
>
> > Neither of them bother me.  But there's no point in arguing with them, as
> > they're just here to stir up trouble.
>
> Well, with these two, I always get the feeling that their tongue is firmly
> in their cheek. Prof X is also similar.

The funniest joke in the world becomes tedium when it's repeated 10x,
and a significant irritant when it's repeated 100x.

felangey

Feb 10, 2011, 3:33:20 PM2/10/11
>The funniest joke in the world becomes tedium when it's repeated 10x,
and a significant irritant when it's repeated 100x<

+1

....although I never found rst's answer to Beavis and Butthead funny in the
first place. It was instant tedium! :)

Vari L. Cinicke

Feb 10, 2011, 4:25:59 PM2/10/11

Correction. Beaver and Butthead are in second and third place. ;)

This month
194 ali.aso...@arcor.de
166 stein...@comcast.net
142 beaver...@ozemail.com
130 musefan2...@gmail.com
126 Iceberg
101 d...@do.it
89 Raja, The Great
89 o...@cloudnine.com
82 the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com
82 pke...@telus.net

--
Cheers,

vc

Sakari Lund

Feb 10, 2011, 5:59:29 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:50:06 -0000, "grif" <griff...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre, but strangely fun, poster in rst ?
>
>Manco looked all set for loony tunes GOAThood, but the up 'n coming next-gen
>Iceberg is surely gaining ground into Manco's GOATness.

They are totally different cases in my book. There is something with
Manco these days that I do find funny. Posting a hugely pro-Fed post,
and 2 minutes later imitating the biggest Fed-haters in another thread
in a way that works for me many times.

Iceberg is the only pure troll here at the moment and the first choice
for me if we were allowed to ban someone from rst.

Iceberg

Feb 10, 2011, 6:49:41 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 10:59 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:50:06 -0000, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com>

thanks Sak-troll-i. if 'we' were allowed, lol

MBDunc

Feb 11, 2011, 3:00:56 AM2/11/11
On 11 helmi, 00:59, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:50:06 -0000, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com>

Iceberg is funny. Manco's dualfaced gimmick got old very fast.

.mikko

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 7:22:56 AM2/11/11

I assume he tries to be funny, but fails so bad it is hard to know if
he really tries.

Rodjk #613

Feb 11, 2011, 8:32:18 AM2/11/11
On Feb 10, 12:23 pm, Joe Ramirez <josephmrami...@netzero.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 11:50 am, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Who is the most insanely wacky/bizarre
>
> Both.

Agree

> > but strangely fun
>
> Neither.

Agree

Rodjk #613

Giovanna

Feb 11, 2011, 8:52:49 AM2/11/11

I like them both~~

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 8:54:14 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 7:52 am, Giovanna <giovana...@bol.com.br> wrote:
> I like them both~~

Whom do you not like? I think you do not like Fan. But then no one
does.

Giovanna

Feb 11, 2011, 8:57:15 AM2/11/11

> he makes very good points very
> often, actually...

i hope you are not talking about the "roger has 14 grad slams" "fed
never won the FO", "paid off linesmen" etc~~

=)

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 9:07:42 AM2/11/11

You in mean in an unintentional village idiot kind of way. If he
actually believes what he says, he is a true idiot. If he is just
jesting, he has been doing it for too long and it has become
irritating now. I think you are finding him funny, because you are a
Sampras fan. Being someone who never really cared for Sampras, I find
all the Sampras lovers over here (except you and Rodjk) annoying,
because they seem incapable of rational thought at all.

MBDunc

Feb 11, 2011, 9:37:09 AM2/11/11

this is the first time ever someone calls me sampras fan ;)

however iceberg's over the top claims are so absurd that they just
can't be real.....and if someone really thinks that way, I find that f
funny too. May be I should take things more seriously ;)

.mikko

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 9:41:03 AM2/11/11

I am not taking things too seriously. I find drew funny with his
creative insults and put downs. I find Mark funny because he is nasty
in a sadistic fashion. But Iceberg and Manco have no funny bone in
them. I am surprised you find one of them funny. May be your sense of
humour is different than me.

Iceberg

Feb 11, 2011, 1:39:01 PM2/11/11

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Iceberg

Feb 11, 2011, 1:47:19 PM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 1:52 pm, Giovanna <giovana...@bol.com.br> wrote:
> I like them both~~

that cos you're cool! :)

Iceberg

Feb 11, 2011, 1:48:21 PM2/11/11

yes you have the tropic thunder sense of humour.

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 4:42:51 PM2/11/11
> yes you have the tropic thunder sense of humour.- Hide quoted text -

lol

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 5:19:01 PM2/11/11

Of course it is pure trolling. But Mikko, what exactly do you find
funny in what he says? Paid off linesmen for the 10 000th time? Fed
has 14 slams for the 5 000th time? Sampras would have won FO if no
pizza for 3 000th time? Amazingly boring, repetitive trolling to me.

>I am not taking things too seriously. I find drew funny with his
>creative insults and put downs. I find Mark funny because he is nasty
>in a sadistic fashion.

That's pretty sick to find him funny.

>But Iceberg and Manco have no funny bone in
>them. I am surprised you find one of them funny. May be your sense of
>humour is different than me.

I think you guys are missing the development of Manco. The way he did
his Fed/Nad thing couple of years ago wasn't funny. I think he does it
much better now. Makes me smile sometimes. And in any case I find what
he does much more good-natured and positive than Iceberg. No
comparison at all.

TT

Feb 11, 2011, 5:21:51 PM2/11/11

Those are his better points.

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 5:30:57 PM2/11/11

lol, how come no one listed you as funny? May be I should take a dump
at Federer? I will be considered funny. It is funny to mock Federer
but not so with Sampras, it seems. Folks are sensitive.

TT

Feb 11, 2011, 5:37:29 PM2/11/11

Agreed.

TT

Feb 11, 2011, 5:40:15 PM2/11/11

Iceberg is a cool dude. Ever saw him getting upset?

MBDunc

Feb 11, 2011, 5:40:55 PM2/11/11
On 12 helmi, 00:19, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

> Of course it is pure trolling. But Mikko, what exactly do you find
> funny in what he says? Paid off linesmen for the 10 000th time? Fed
> has 14 slams for the 5 000th time? Sampras would have won FO if no
> pizza for 3 000th time? Amazingly boring, repetitive trolling to me.

Funny thing is that some take iceberg (or insert here other famous
insane post content owner) claims seriously (paid off linesmen and
pizza before SF is smt. special you just won't believe until you see
it...). Also for some reason I have never found iceberg hostile /
getting personal unlike many others.

.mikko

jdeluise

Feb 11, 2011, 5:44:34 PM2/11/11

On 11-Feb-2011, MBDunc <mich...@mail.suomi.net> wrote:

> Funny thing is that some take iceberg (or insert here other famous
> insane post content owner) claims seriously (paid off linesmen and
> pizza before SF is smt. special you just won't believe until you see
> it...). Also for some reason I have never found iceberg hostile /
> getting personal unlike many others.

That is true, he is not an angry troll. I don't really find some of his
mantras to be funny anymore, but in general he seems like a good-natured,
humorous person.

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 5:46:08 PM2/11/11
> Iceberg is a cool dude. Ever saw him getting upset?- Hide quoted text -

But he is wasting a lot of bandwidth too.

Whisper

Feb 11, 2011, 5:47:44 PM2/11/11

Different species so expected.

Raja, The Great

Feb 11, 2011, 5:50:24 PM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 4:19 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:41:03 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great"

I agree.

TT

Feb 11, 2011, 5:51:20 PM2/11/11

Exactly.

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 6:17:12 PM2/11/11
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:34 GMT, "jdeluise" <jdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I guess that's just different sense of humour with different people. I
see absolute nothing funny in Iceberg's posts, but I have noticed over
the years that many people do. And nobody else seems to see the funny
side in Manco's posts the way I do (except maybe Gio...)

jdeluise

Feb 11, 2011, 6:40:20 PM2/11/11

On 11-Feb-2011, Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:

> I guess that's just different sense of humour with different people. I
> see absolute nothing funny in Iceberg's posts, but I have noticed over
> the years that many people do. And nobody else seems to see the funny
> side in Manco's posts the way I do (except maybe Gio...)

For some reason I didn't find him as funny when he was Stapler. His shtick
is pretty old though, but I do get a chuckle out of it now and then. It's
even rather hard to take it seriously when he gets "mad" and "insults"
someone.

Sakari Lund

Feb 11, 2011, 6:45:25 PM2/11/11
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:40:20 GMT, "jdeluise" <jdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 11-Feb-2011, Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess that's just different sense of humour with different people. I
>> see absolute nothing funny in Iceberg's posts, but I have noticed over
>> the years that many people do. And nobody else seems to see the funny
>> side in Manco's posts the way I do (except maybe Gio...)
>
>For some reason I didn't find him as funny when he was Stapler.

As I said, he has improved. He wasn't funny before.

>His shtick
>is pretty old though, but I do get a chuckle out of it now and then. It's
>even rather hard to take it seriously when he gets "mad" and "insults"
>someone.

OK, that sounds pretty much like my view of him. Now I would only have
to understand what the hell it is that people find funny in Iceberg.

grif

Feb 11, 2011, 6:53:07 PM2/11/11

"Sakari Lund" <sakar...@welho.com> wrote in message

I find them both kinda funny in their own way. Iceberg with his pizzas (yes,
I have read that part in Sampras's bio) and being scared of being beaten up
by insane hardcore Fed fans at his local club, Manco cos he's ... just
decided to pop in from his alternate universe. I don't think either of them
are a nasty piece of work and I suspect they're both quite agreeable in real
life, lol.