What Moscow thinks about Trump

Brian Lawrence

Oct 24, 2020, 1:51:51 AM10/24/20
Some comments from former Russian foreign minister Igor Ivanov, who
wrote an op-ed for the government newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

"The Trump administration's experience confirms that only a strong
American president, backed by broad and sustained domestic support, is
able to steer relations between Washington and Moscow in a constructive
direction"

"Donald Trump turned out to be, in general, a weak president, with
neither his own program nor stable support in society, and the American
elite remained split all these three and a half years,"

"Moreover, the bulk of the American elite was not on Trump's side.
Against this background, relations with Russia turned into a bargaining
chip, became the subject of speculation, and not a serious balanced policy."

"Trump did not skimp on sharp and even shocking criticism of almost all
of America's allies, the European Union and even NATO,"

"But have relations between Russia and the United States changed for the
better over the past four years? Unfortunately, this question has to be
answered in the negative,"

"It doesn't really matter how Donald Trump feels about Vladimir Putin.
During his presidency, Russian-American relations have not improved in
any dimension. On the contrary, throughout the four years, relations
continued to deteriorate rapidly in all directions. And, unfortunately,
there is no end in sight to this worsening."

"Fierce political struggle within the United States will continue
regardless of the outcome of the elections," Ivanov predicted.
"Therefore, it is difficult to count on any fundamental shifts in
bilateral Russian-American relations. For such shifts, Biden, as far as
one can judge, has neither the political will nor the necessary
political capital."

Still, a President Biden would be more predictable, Ivanov said. "Along
with a tough position on many problems of world politics, one cannot
exclude a balanced position on some issues of strategic stability, and
above all with regard to arms control," he wrote of a possible Biden
presidency.

<https://www.newsweek.com/trump-weak-president-damaged-west-former-russian-diplomat-state-newspaper-1541646>

<https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReadingRussia?src=hashtag_click>

<https://rg.ru/gazeta/svezh.html>

Calimero

Oct 24, 2020, 4:29:54 AM10/24/20
The idea that the Rooskies prefered the Stable Genius of a D-Rat administration was always ludicrous.

Max

PeteWasLucky

Oct 24, 2020, 10:09:49 AM10/24/20
So will they release the hotel tape now or is it still wet?

Calimero

Oct 24, 2020, 12:27:02 PM10/24/20
Am Samstag, 24. Oktober 2020 16:09:49 UTC+2 schrieb PeteWasLucky:
> So will they release the hotel tape now or is it still wet?

Crooked Hillary didn't pay enough for it.

Max

PeteWasLucky

Oct 24, 2020, 7:31:45 PM10/24/20
> Crooked Hillary didn't pay enough for it.

They will release it for free if Trump loses.

TT

Oct 25, 2020, 1:30:48 PM10/25/20
sunnuntai 25. lokakuuta 2020 klo 2.31.45 UTC+3 PeteWasLucky kirjoitti:
> > Crooked Hillary didn't pay enough for it.
> They will release it for free if Trump loses.
Sounds that Russia thinks Trump will lose the election. Rats and sinking ships...

*skriptis

Oct 25, 2020, 4:11:26 PM10/25/20
TT <the...@sci.fi> Wrote in message:r
> sunnuntai 25. lokakuuta 2020 klo 2.31.45 UTC+3 PeteWasLucky kirjoitti:> > Crooked Hillary didn't pay enough for it.> They will release it for free if Trump loses.Sounds that Russia thinks Trump will lose the election. Rats and sinking ships...

Trump was ok but to achieve peace with Russia, we need more Devin Nunes types in Congress and less criminal warlords like Mitt Romney.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Max's Hoemom

Oct 25, 2020, 4:19:49 PM10/25/20
Moscow Mule is toast in 2 weeks. I hope the Biden administration find out the Trumspki Nazis like you and sends them to the gallows.

*skriptis

Oct 25, 2020, 4:20:49 PM10/25/20
"Max's Hoemom" <krisr...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 3:29:54 AM UTC-5, Calimero wrote:> Am Samstag, 24. Oktober 2020 07:51:51 UTC+2 schrieb Brian Lawrence:> > Some comments from former Russian foreign minister Igor Ivanov, who > > wrote an op-ed for the government newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta.> > > > "The Trump administration's experience confirms that only a strong > > American president, backed by broad and sustained domestic support, is > > able to steer relations between Washington and Moscow in a constructive > > direction"> > > > "Donald Trump turned out to be, in general, a weak president, with > > neither his own program nor stable support in society, and the American > > elite remained split all these three and a half years,"> > > > "Moreover, the bulk of the American elite was not on Trump's side. > > Against this background, relations with Russia turned into a bargaining > > chip, became the subject of speculation, and not a serious balanced policy."> > > > "Trump did not skimp on sharp and even shocking criticism of almost all > > of America's allies, the European Union and even NATO,"> > > > "But have relations between Russia and the United States changed for the > > better over the past four years? Unfortunately, this question has to be > > answered in the negative,"> > > > "It doesn't really matter how Donald Trump feels about Vladimir Putin. > > During his presidency, Russian-American relations have not improved in > > any dimension. On the contrary, throughout the four years, relations > > continued to deteriorate rapidly in all directions. And, unfortunately, > > there is no end in sight to this worsening."> > > > "Fierce political struggle within the United States will continue > > regardless of the outcome of the elections," Ivanov predicted. > > "Therefore, it is difficult to count on any fundamental shifts in > > bilateral Russian-American relations. For such shifts, Biden, as far as > > one can judge, has neither the political will nor the necessary > > political capital."> > > > Still, a President Biden would be more predictable, Ivanov said. "Along > > with a tough position on many problems of world politics, one cannot > > exclude a balanced position on some issues of strategic stability, and > > above all with regard to arms control," he wrote of a possible Biden > > presidency.> > > > > > <https://www.newsweek.com/trump-weak-president-damaged-west-former-russian-diplomat-state-newspaper-1541646>> > > > <https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReadingRussia?src=hashtag_click>> > > > <https://rg.ru/gazeta/svezh.html>> > > > The idea that the Rooskies prefered the Stable Genius of a D-Rat administration was always ludicrous. > > > > MaxMoscow Mule is toast in 2 weeks. I hope the Biden administration find out the Trumspki Nazis like you and sends them to the gallows.

You could have your citizenship easily revoked if you don't show loyalty to the government.

Calimero

Oct 25, 2020, 7:49:51 PM10/25/20
The Rooskies tried to sink the Stable Genius with the Steele Dossier. They failed. And they will fail again.

Max