Totally Sexist Makiri Note

mimus

Oct 23, 2010, 11:25:28 AM10/23/10
It's odd, given Maria Kirilenko's esteem in the women's tennis glam-
stakes, but I really think she is less photogenic than telegenic, and
have never found a photo that I think really does her justice:

You really can't appreciate her 'til you see her slither up to the
baseline and prepare to receive, like some kinda wild animal . . . .

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, ;plot a bit, and serve
again.

TT

Oct 23, 2010, 11:28:50 AM10/23/10
mimus wrote:
> It's odd, given Maria Kirilenko's esteem in the women's tennis glam-
> stakes, but I really think she is less photogenic than telegenic, and
> have never found a photo that I think really does her justice:
>
> You really can't appreciate her 'til you see her slither up to the
> baseline and prepare to receive, like some kinda wild animal . . . .

You can't really appreciate her 'til you see her sucking your balls. How
about that one for a sexist quote...

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 23, 2010, 11:31:32 AM10/23/10

yes, she is far more telegenic than photogenic... good observation...

mimus

Oct 23, 2010, 12:09:25 PM10/23/10
On Oct 23, 11:31 am, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 8:25 am, mimus <mimu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's odd, given Maria Kirilenko's esteem in the women's tennis glam-
> > stakes, but I really think she is less photogenic than telegenic, and
> > have never found a photo that I think really does her justice:
>
> > You really can't appreciate her 'til you see her slither up to the
> > baseline and prepare to receive, like some kinda wild animal . . . .
>

> yes, she is far more telegenic than photogenic... good observation...

Not that her photos are _bad_, mind you (can SI be wrong?).

But you get movement, carriage, expression in video that snapshots
have to be very very good-- very very lucky-- to capture.

Shakes

Oct 23, 2010, 1:18:13 PM10/23/10
On Oct 23, 8:25 am, mimus <mimu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I find her far more attractive than Sharapova. I would put
Sharapova behind Kirilenko, Ivanovic, no offense meant to Shara fans.

Calimero

Oct 23, 2010, 1:30:10 PM10/23/10
On 23 Okt., 17:25, mimus <mimu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's odd, given Maria Kirilenko's esteem in the women's tennis glam-
> stakes, but I really think she is less photogenic than telegenic, and
> have never found a photo that I think really does her justice:
>
> You really can't appreciate her 'til you see her slither up to the
> baseline and prepare to receive, like some kinda wild animal . . . .

Second tier tennis beauty.
Forget her ...

Max

Fan

Oct 24, 2010, 7:49:29 AM10/24/10
On Oct 23, 5:25 pm, mimus <mimu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's odd, given Maria Kirilenko's esteem in the women's tennis glam-
> stakes, but I really think she is less photogenic than telegenic, and
> have never found a photo that I think really does her justice:
>
> You really can't appreciate her 'til you see her slither up to the
> baseline and prepare to receive, like some kinda wild animal . . . .

Kirilenko looks like the product of Russian Soviet style training.
They must have made her work out very hard starting at a very young
age, probably even younger than most tennis players start. The good
thing is that she is very strong for her diminutive size, very fast
and disciplined. The bad thing is that her growth appears to be
stunted.
These observations do not mean that she is not a likable person. She
is very likable and I hoped for her to win. Maybe next time.

Sakari Lund

Oct 24, 2010, 12:52:25 PM10/24/10
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 09:09:25 -0700 (PDT), mimus <mim...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I agree. The photos don't do her justice.

But yes, I was going to say something about the SI swimsuit edition,
Still have the link.. :-)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/tennis/