Halep is killing Pliskova

soccerfan777

Jun 8, 2017, 12:31:45 PM6/8/17
A far better mover

Gracchus

Jun 8, 2017, 12:43:27 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:31:45 AM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:
> A far better mover

"Extraterrestrial" vs. "Giraffe." Makes sense, doesn't it?

soccerfan777

Jun 8, 2017, 12:51:04 PM6/8/17
Pliskova doesn't seem to believe she can do this. And Halep is of course better on clay.

soccerfan777

Jun 8, 2017, 12:51:52 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 11:43:27 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
Sharapova defeated Halep in 2014. Halep is very tough on clay. Have to respect Sharapova for that. She is taller than Pliskova in fact.

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 6:19:10 PM6/8/17
It was never in doubt that Halep would beat Pliskova on clay. Pliskova is super annoying to watch. She can hit around six good shots in a row and then she hits the next shot about a foot out.

Now that I watched a bit of Ostapenko for the first time, I think she may hit Halep off the court in the final.

soccerfan777

Jun 8, 2017, 6:47:59 PM6/8/17
Court1 you are such a star fucker it's not even funny

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 7:05:18 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 6:47:59 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Court1 you are such a star fucker it's not even funny

Which player am I star fucking? I'm simply telling the truth that Pliskova had no chance vs Halep on clay and that Pliskova is annoying to watch because in every match that I've ever watched her in, she hits about 6 incredible shots and then that's it, the next shot is an error.

Ostapenko I think may have a greater upside than Pliskova. Somebody on here posted that Ostapenko reminds him of Seles and that's a pretty good comparison.

I fear that Ostapenko may hit Halep off the court in the final. I hope I'm wrong and that she will be able to absorb Ostapenko's power because this is Halep's best shot at a FO title.

SliceAndDice

Jun 8, 2017, 8:43:01 PM6/8/17
Ostapenko made a lot of errors in the semi, but it could be a combination of the conditions and Timea's variety. Halep will feed her the same kind of ball, and if Ostapenko gets in a groove, Halep may be in trouble.

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 8:57:14 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 8:43:01 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Ostapenko made a lot of errors in the semi, but it could be a combination of the conditions and Timea's variety. Halep will feed her the same kind of ball, and if Ostapenko gets in a groove, Halep may be in trouble.

I couldn't agree more. Was it you who said Ostapenko reminded you of Seles?
I don't recall ever watching Ostapenko play before. Man, can she whack that ball and with fairly consistent accuracy (something Pliskova can't do for more than six shots.)

SliceAndDice

Jun 8, 2017, 9:23:44 PM6/8/17
Yep, first person that came to mind when I saw her play. The pace, the tenacity, the short angles, hitting winners at will from any part of the court. This girl could be special.

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 9:34:35 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:23:44 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> > I couldn't agree more. Was it you who said Ostapenko reminded you of Seles?
> > I don't recall ever watching Ostapenko play before. Man, can she whack that ball and with fairly consistent accuracy (something Pliskova can't do for more than six shots.)
>
> Yep, first person that came to mind when I saw her play. The pace, the tenacity, the short angles, hitting winners at will from any part of the court. This girl could be special.

Speaking of Seles, Ostapenko is trying to be the youngest first time women's RG champion since Seles in 1990 (Seles was 16 and Ostapenko just turned 20.)

Whisper

Jun 9, 2017, 3:36:54 AM6/9/17
Halep doesn't deserve the FO title more than Ostapenko. I tipped Halep
from the beginning but would be happy with either girl winning.
Ostapenko might be the next multiple slam winner type, who knows?

---
http://www.avg.com

StephenJ

Jun 9, 2017, 6:45:51 AM6/9/17
>On 6/8/2017 6:19 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> It was never in doubt that Halep would beat Pliskova on clay.

That's pretty silly. The match was close, and if a couple of points had
gone Plisk's way, she coulda won.