Nobody has ever beaten the same player 18 times in a row in Open Era...

TT

Jan 26, 2015, 5:23:21 PM1/26/15
Rafa has a shot at doing just that against Berdych.

TT

Jan 26, 2015, 5:24:28 PM1/26/15
27.1.2015, 0:23, TT kirjoitti:
> Rafa has a shot at doing just that against Berdych.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/01/4/Australian-Open-Tuesday-Nadal-Berdych-Preview.aspx

Whisper

Jan 26, 2015, 5:28:11 PM1/26/15
Hyping this match is not going to get anyone to watch it. We all know
Rafa is going to win in 4 sets with 1 t/b.

Fednatic

Jan 26, 2015, 7:06:41 PM1/26/15
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:28:23 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
Rafa's dead meat.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2015, 9:36:21 PM1/26/15
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 5:28:11 PM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:

> Hyping this match is not going to get anyone to watch it. We all know
> Rafa is going to win in 4 sets with 1 t/b.

I'm not so sure. Berdych is playing his best ever ball and Nadal is slightly off form.

That's enough for a Berdych win.

I don't think Berdych is an absolute match-up disaster as Agassi was against Sampras. Berdych believes he should be able to win this. I'm not sure Agassi ever really believed his own bullshit.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2015, 2:50:28 AM1/27/15
Wow finally you were right.

Don't know what Rafa's problem was in 1st 2 sets. Didn't look physical
as he was serving as hard as always.

TT

Jan 27, 2015, 2:52:01 AM1/27/15
From Rafa's presser:

"I'm feeling ok. Just was not my day. It was a day that my opponent
played better than me."

Whisper

Jan 27, 2015, 2:59:16 AM1/27/15
er, Rafa beat Berdych the last 17 times in a row. That's much worse
than Agassi v Sampras.

At any rate Rafa appears to be having some burnout issues. Berdych
didn't play better than he usually does, just Rafa missing everything in
1st 2 sets.

Looks like Djoker v Murray AO final for the 3rd time.

TT

Jan 27, 2015, 3:02:39 AM1/27/15
27.1.2015, 9:59, Whisper kirjoitti:
> Berdych didn't play better than he usually does

I think he did. Certainly above his average. Also he was mentally tough.

jdeluise

Jan 27, 2015, 3:08:09 AM1/27/15
Definitely better serving than usual from Berdych...

Whisper

Jan 27, 2015, 4:03:32 AM1/27/15
No excuse for his effort in 1st 2 sets. Mental burnout I reckon.

Whisper

Jan 27, 2015, 4:04:14 AM1/27/15
Nah, Rafa made it too easy for him.

RaspingDrive

Jan 27, 2015, 9:21:28 AM1/27/15
Agree with above assessment. Rafa didn't play his best the first two sets. Berdy himself seemed relieved in the first set that he got so many free points from Rafa's forehand errors.

Court_1

Jan 27, 2015, 10:20:20 AM1/27/15
On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:21:28 AM UTC-5, RaspingDrive wrote:

> Agree with above assessment. Rafa didn't play his best the first two sets. Berdy himself seemed relieved in the first set that he got so many free points from Rafa's forehand errors.

Yes, Nadal was way below his best in the first two sets. It made Berdshit look better.

undecided

Jan 27, 2015, 11:10:10 AM1/27/15
7 UEs in the 1st 3 games.....Hard to win a set playing like that

heyg...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2015, 11:27:10 AM1/27/15
On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 10:20:20 AM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
It looked to me like Nadal was trying to hit through the court more in the first set with lower net clearance and he kept hitting into the net. That's not his natural shot. By the third he went back to his typical clay style FH and had a lot more success.

SliceAndDice

Jan 27, 2015, 11:30:35 AM1/27/15
Please God No!! I hope Stan or Kei step up. I thought Kei played very well against Ferrer.

Fednatic

Jan 27, 2015, 10:00:12 PM1/27/15
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:50:34 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>On 27/01/2015 11:06 AM, Fednatic wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:28:23 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hyping this match is not going to get anyone to watch it. We all know
>>> Rafa is going to win in 4 sets with 1 t/b.
>>>

>> Rafa's dead meat.
>>

>Wow finally you were right.
>
>Don't know what Rafa's problem was in 1st 2 sets. Didn't look physical
>as he was serving as hard as always.

actually i've been right all along. just early ;)) always ahead of my
time.

Whisper

Jan 28, 2015, 3:25:45 AM1/28/15
Not to me. I was watching Berd closely & it was the same old game &
looking scared. Never seen Rafa play so badly - like a satellite player.

Rafa was visibly raising his game & getting better quickly. I'm certain
he would have won the match in 5 had he won 3rd set t/b. Berdshit
dodged a bullet imo.

Fednatic

Jan 28, 2015, 5:42:48 AM1/28/15
On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:25:59 +1100, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
I don't hink he would havw won it in 5. Maybe 7 or 8 perhaps.

Unfortunately it used to be some of what you said was cuda wuda but
now its most of what you say.

Stick with facts why doncha.

Saying he would have won in 5 had he won the 3rd set TB is just
fucking crap of a guess biased opinion from the guy who said Roddick
would win 12 slams as Sampras on steroids and worth even less.