If Nadal played right-handed...

TennisGuy

Apr 30, 2010, 10:14:39 PM4/30/10
*** Warning!!! Controversial Post ***

OK time to liven things up here a bit.
This place is becoming like deadsville.

If Nadal played right-handed he would be half the player he is today.

Similarly, if Federer played left-handed he would be twice the player
he is today (scary).

Of course the two couldn't happen at the same time or they would
basically nullify themselves.
It should be self-explanatory, but if anyone needs an explanation I
will supply it.

felangey

Apr 30, 2010, 10:15:52 PM4/30/10
This is a dumb thread.

Thank you. :)

TennisGuy

Apr 30, 2010, 11:00:25 PM4/30/10
On Apr 30, 10:15 pm, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
> This is a dumb thread.
>
> Thank you. :)

You're welcome!
Dumber than a Giovanna thread? :)

TT

May 1, 2010, 7:43:14 AM5/1/10

Actually I've recently argued with a friend that Nadal might be better
if he played right-handed.

-His record against lefties is stunning(although lefties on tour may not
be generally the strongest players currently)

-He's naturally right handed and it has been argued that his serve would
be better if he served right handed...which would greatly help him
outside of clay

-The tactic how big hitters trouble him on fast surfaces is hitting
off-forehands against his large-motioned forehand swing...this would be
eliminated if they were hitting against his more firm-motioned backhand!

...Players would have to play their forehand against Nadal's and their
backhand against his backhand...like lefties do. Hopeless task.

-His clay success might be less though, because of high bouncing
forehands to opponent's backhands...and he probably would hit with less
topspin, as he used to do in 2005(and tries to in 2010?)

So he would be much stronger player off clay, perhaps a tad less player
on clay though.
Of course one could argue that Rafa's backhand would be less if he
played right-handed...but I don't think it would be much worse since the
success he has using his non-natural arm as forehand now!

Also, I don't think Federer could play at all using his left hand
because he's right-handed. ;)

--
"Ave Rafa, morituri te salutant!"