Federer amazed by presidential politics!

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 20, 2011, 6:46:22 AM8/20/11

TT

Aug 20, 2011, 10:08:51 AM8/20/11
20.8.2011 13:46, Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti:
> What gives?
>
> http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-federer-presidentialelection

“I did follow the presidential race with Obama, for instance, quite
closely, because this time around I thought I was old enough and
interested enough, whereas the last time I just heard it somewhat,” the
30-year-old Federer said. “And I couldn’t believe the length of it and
the brutality of it, you know."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 20, 2011, 10:58:55 AM8/20/11

He really does live in such an insulated bubble of fame, self-
attention, riches and sporting fixation... all those places he's been
to and being 30 you would think he'd have grown up a bit more by
now... OR... he's just bored by the endless silly season that is US
Presidential politics and couldn't 'really' care less... and he's
attempting to be diplomatic, which he's not great at... he's more a
ease with just answering what he really thinks, no frosting on it...

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 20, 2011, 11:23:40 AM8/20/11

Or more concisely: He's a dumb jock.

“So I felt like every president should be extremely tired becoming the
president, you know, and this is actually when the job starts."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

--
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2098_steamboat.gif

TT

Aug 20, 2011, 11:24:58 AM8/20/11

Does he know yet who Sigmund Freud is?

felangey

Aug 20, 2011, 1:09:09 PM8/20/11
>Or more concisely: He's a dumb jock<

It's not that any of these guys are dumb....ok some are :) ....but they
haven't spent the time we have surfing the intertubes....reading
books...shooting the shit down the pub....reading newspapers....sitting in
lecture halls....in many ways their life as an educated human being starts
at the end of their career. Not a whole lot of time for anything other than
training, practice and matches if you wanna be the best.

SliceAndDice

Aug 20, 2011, 1:36:07 PM8/20/11
Are you laughing because you found this statement funny or dumb?

Sao Paulo Swallow

Aug 20, 2011, 1:36:24 PM8/20/11

Federer's right. The American presidential election cycle is
exceptionally long, much longer than in most other countries, and the
nominees have to have almost superhuman endurance to survive it. It's
obscenely expensive and an almost criminal waste of time and money.
This is just another anti-Fed trollish poutrage that makes the OP look
stupider than David Beckham.

SliceAndDice

Aug 20, 2011, 1:55:26 PM8/20/11
On Aug 20, 1:36 pm, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>

Exactly my interpretation. I therefore questioned why Pelle was
laughing at that remark.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 20, 2011, 2:12:08 PM8/20/11

Maybe he's like concerned, you know, whether the elected can, you know,
handle stepping into the office, like, the next day after, you know,
Super Saturday.

--
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2098_steamboat.gif

Court_1

Aug 20, 2011, 2:17:01 PM8/20/11
> Does he know yet who Sigmund Freud is?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but Rafael Nadal is a real Rhodes Scholar huh?

RzR

Aug 20, 2011, 2:25:59 PM8/20/11
Court_1 wrote:
> On Aug 20, 11:24 am, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:

>>> Or more concisely: He's a dumb jock.
>>
>>> �So I felt like every president should be extremely tired becoming

>>> the president, you know, and this is actually when the job starts."
>>
>>> Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
>>
>> Does he know yet who Sigmund Freud is?- Hide quoted text -

> Yeah, but Rafael Nadal is a real Rhodes Scholar huh?

nadal just seems dumb as fuck.

Sakari Lund

Aug 20, 2011, 2:27:53 PM8/20/11
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
<vish...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 20, 1:36�pm, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>> On Aug 20, 7:58�am, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:
>>

>> > On Aug 20, 7:08�am, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:

His contribution to rst these days is to laugh at everything like a
retard.

TT

Aug 20, 2011, 2:37:25 PM8/20/11
20.8.2011 21:27, Sakari Lund kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 20, 1:36 pm, Sao Paulo Swallow<Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Federer's right. The American presidential election cycle is
>>> exceptionally long, much longer than in most other countries, and the
>>> nominees have to have almost superhuman endurance to survive it. It's
>>> obscenely expensive and an almost criminal waste of time and money.
>>> This is just another anti-Fed trollish poutrage that makes the OP look
>>> stupider than David Beckham.
>>
>> Exactly my interpretation. I therefore questioned why Pelle was
>> laughing at that remark.
>
> His contribution to rst these days is to laugh at everything like a
> retard.

Nah, that's just natural reaction to your posts...

:-P

TT

Aug 20, 2011, 2:42:08 PM8/20/11

Of course US presidential election is a farce in numerous ways. It's a
pity really, you know.

What I found amusing though was:

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 20, 2011, 2:42:55 PM8/20/11
On 20.8.2011 20:27, Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 20, 1:36 pm, Sao Paulo Swallow<Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Federer's right. The American presidential election cycle is
>>> exceptionally long, much longer than in most other countries, and the
>>> nominees have to have almost superhuman endurance to survive it. It's
>>> obscenely expensive and an almost criminal waste of time and money.
>>> This is just another anti-Fed trollish poutrage that makes the OP look
>>> stupider than David Beckham.
>>
>> Exactly my interpretation. I therefore questioned why Pelle was
>> laughing at that remark.
>
> His contribution to rst these days is to laugh at everything like a
> retard.

Ok, I promise I won't laugh. Just this once.

A guy follows an election he says is interesting and can't think of one
single thing to say about it other than it's long. Like every other
election.

My guess is he channel surfed while there was an election and just
brought it up because ... it was long, sort of hard to miss and he
couldn't come up with anything else, other than reality shows, because
he's patently vacant.

--
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2098_steamboat.gif

TT

Aug 20, 2011, 2:43:45 PM8/20/11
20.8.2011 20:09, felangey kirjoitti:
>> Or more concisely: He's a dumb jock<
>
> It's not that any of these guys are dumb....ok some are :) ....but they
> haven't spent the time we have surfing the intertubes....reading
> books...shooting the shit down the pub....reading newspapers....sitting in
> lecture halls....

BS

> in many ways their life as an educated human being starts
> at the end of their career.

Ah, so you're saying that Fed's career ended in 2008...

Court_1

Aug 20, 2011, 2:42:47 PM8/20/11
On Aug 20, 2:25 pm, "RzR" <2r4z...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Court_1 wrote:

> >> Does he know yet who Sigmund Freud is?- Hide quoted text -

> > Yeah, but Rafael Nadal is a real Rhodes Scholar huh?
>
> nadal just seems dumb as fuck.- Hide quoted text -

That is only when you can actually understand a word he is saying.
That is not an easy task! ;)

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 20, 2011, 2:49:27 PM8/20/11
On 20.8.2011 20:42, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> On 20.8.2011 20:27, Sakari Lund wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
>> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Exactly my interpretation. I therefore questioned why Pelle was
>>> laughing at that remark.
>>
>> His contribution to rst these days is to laugh at everything like a
>> retard.
>
> Ok, I promise I won't laugh. Just this once.

It proved to be harder than I thought. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

--
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2098_steamboat.gif

Sakari Lund

Aug 20, 2011, 2:53:18 PM8/20/11
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:49:27 +0200, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
wrote:

No, the one post went just fine.

bob

Aug 20, 2011, 5:27:41 PM8/20/11
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:27:53 +0300, Sakari Lund
<sakar...@welho.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
><vish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Aug 20, 1:36 pm, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

how politically uncorrect.

bob

bob

Aug 20, 2011, 5:28:26 PM8/20/11
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:42:55 +0200, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
wrote:

>On 20.8.2011 20:27, Sakari Lund wrote:

>> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:55:26 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
>> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:

think that's the long and short of it.

bob

drew

Aug 20, 2011, 10:06:05 PM8/20/11
On Aug 20, 6:46 am, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> wrote:
> What gives?

The run up to the actual election of the president is a very long
process. I think that any
European would find this idea of the Primaries and so on to be
insanely arduous.

It reminds me of a South African 'diplomat' during the time of
apartheid commenting that
the USA has "too many elections".

In a way it is true. On the surface it is the very essence of
democracy....yet it really comes down
to who has the most money. What is the point of having a competition
when only the very
rich can afford to compete?

It's pretty clear that a person who comes from big money, who's
campaign is financed by
big money, and who's talk is crafted by the politics of big
money......it's pretty clear that such a person
is not going to represent people who don't have much money.....

Is there something I'm missing?

number_six

Aug 20, 2011, 10:50:40 PM8/20/11
On Aug 20, 3:46 am, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> wrote:
> What gives?
>
> http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-federer-presidentialelection

I wish he had paid a bit more attention to the politics of the
Maldives and the UAE.

drew

Aug 20, 2011, 11:18:38 PM8/20/11

Yes.

felangey

Aug 20, 2011, 11:21:40 PM8/20/11
>It's pretty clear that a person who comes from big money, who's campaign
>is financed by big money, and who's talk is crafted by the politics of big
>money......it's pretty clear that such a person is not going to represent
>people who don't have much money.....<

Is there something I'm missing?<

Pretty much sums it up. To be British PM, you need to have a Diploma in Dorm
Room Buggery from Eton or suchlike....the very foundation of the old boys
network....the fraternity of which is to ensure there is a one way
procession of wealth to the city, where invariably the "bigger boys" from
your school are all bankers. I believe or lauded PM is even 5th cousin to
the Queen....that sort of thing always helps.

drew

Aug 21, 2011, 1:32:46 AM8/21/11
On Aug 20, 11:21 pm, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:

> Pretty much sums it up. To be British PM, you need to have a Diploma in Dorm
> Room Buggery from Eton or suchlike...

A popular expression of British emigrants to Canada was "I'll be
buggered!"

Since I came to understood what it meant to be buggered, I use the
word with
more discretion.

As with "He's a silly sod", I'd prefer to leave any discussion of
bumfucking to
others.

Manuel aka Xax

Aug 21, 2011, 5:35:02 AM8/21/11

yep.
masquarade, instead of democracy.
it has hardly been democracy, for ages it's plutocracy. trying to hide
itself behind some democratic mask, hence masquarade.

felangey

Aug 21, 2011, 6:48:15 AM8/21/11
>> It's not that any of these guys are dumb....ok some are :) ....but they
>> haven't spent the time we have surfing the intertubes....reading
>> books...shooting the shit down the pub....reading newspapers....sitting
>> in
>> lecture halls....
>
> BS

BS? They have done all this you mean?

TT

Aug 21, 2011, 9:06:04 AM8/21/11

They have all the time in the world to read papers etc.

felangey

Aug 21, 2011, 10:08:20 AM8/21/11
>They have all the time in the world to read papers etc<

Yeah....sure.