Who Do you think will Win on the Women's side of the French?

Garvin Yee

Jun 10, 2017, 4:59:07 AM6/10/17

Since this is the first time they have met, we don't have
much data to decide on....so....

Will it be the more experienced Simona Halep?

Or the height and youth Jelena Ostapenko?

I would guess Halep, because she has been to the French final
once before, but the very little I saw of Jelena was quite impressive.

I'll say Halep in 3....

--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/

http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all

https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37

SliceAndDice

Jun 10, 2017, 5:12:02 AM6/10/17
I am hoping Ostapenko. The women's game badly needs a new star, and I do not see Halep filling that role.

Court_1

Jun 10, 2017, 6:11:16 AM6/10/17
50-50 I think. Ostapenko has the game to blow Halep off the court but Halep is good at absorbing pace and if Ostapenko doesn't hit a winner in the first shot or two, Halep will keep on getting balls back and should win most of those longer rallies.

Ostapenko has the nothing to lose attitude and Halep has the experience.

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 6:24:44 AM6/10/17
On 10/06/2017 6:58 PM, Garvin Yee wrote:

> Since this is the first time they have met, we don't have
> much data to decide on....so....
>
> Will it be the more experienced Simona Halep?
>
> Or the height and youth Jelena Ostapenko?
>
> I would guess Halep, because she has been to the French final
> once before, but the very little I saw of Jelena was quite impressive.
>
> I'll say Halep in 3....

Logically Halep is the fave, but then she is also under pressure to win
a 1st slam. The youngster can just go for it with nothing to lose.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 6:31:52 AM6/10/17
On 10/06/2017 8:11 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> 50-50 I think. Ostapenko has the game to blow Halep off the court but Halep is good at absorbing pace and if Ostapenko doesn't hit a winner in the first shot or two, Halep will keep on getting balls back and should win most of those longer rallies.
>
> Ostapenko has the nothing to lose attitude and Halep has the experience.

Yep, looks 50-50 to me. Maybe 10-8 in 3rd?

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 10, 2017, 6:33:55 AM6/10/17
On 10.6.2017 13:24, Whisper wrote:
> On 10/06/2017 6:58 PM, Garvin Yee wrote:
>>
>> Since this is the first time they have met, we don't have
>> much data to decide on....so....
>>
>> Will it be the more experienced Simona Halep?
>>
>> Or the height and youth Jelena Ostapenko?
>>
>> I would guess Halep, because she has been to the French final
>> once before, but the very little I saw of Jelena was quite impressive.
>>
>> I'll say Halep in 3....
>>

> Logically Halep is the fave, but then she is also under pressure to win
> a 1st slam. The youngster can just go for it with nothing to lose.

The WTA does seem like a tour of rookies. Every time I see a point of
the women playing, I have to walk away. Sad.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke