Federer is Wimbledon KING! Wins 8th Title !!!

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 10:52:15 AM7/16/17
WOW! The GOAT did it!

---

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 10:57:13 AM7/16/17
On 17/07/2017 12:52 AM, stephenJ wrote:
> WOW! The GOAT did it!

Amazing. What are the odds he would emerge from yrs in the wilderness &
post his 1st ever straight set Wimbledon win & easiest ever final win?

---
http://www.avg.com

John Liang

Jul 16, 2017, 11:05:31 AM7/16/17
1st ever straight set win ? Do you remember the score of his first Wimbledon final and his 2005 win over Roddick ?

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 11:07:15 AM7/16/17
I mean straight set the whole tournament.

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 11:07:29 AM7/16/17

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 11:41:11 AM7/16/17
On 7/16/2017 9:57 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 17/07/2017 12:52 AM, stephenJ wrote:
>> WOW! The GOAT did it!
>>

> Amazing. What are the odds he would emerge from yrs in the wilderness &
> post his 1st ever straight set Wimbledon win & easiest ever final win?

Yes, the last time he won Wimbledon, the London Olympics hadn't happened
yet.

Sticking around during the dry years has paid off enormously for him.

---

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 11:42:06 AM7/16/17
On 7/16/2017 10:07 AM, Court_1 wrote:

> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/43/a3/fc/43a3fcdd13d8bc894aacb18233ae6c8e.gif

Awesome! 🌈👍

SliceAndDice

Jul 16, 2017, 11:53:05 AM7/16/17
Can't believe he is winning Wimbledon after 5 years. Unbelievable.

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 12:16:21 PM7/16/17
Yes, last time he won it, the London Olympics hadn't yet happened. It
would be pretty impressive to 5 years between W wins at any age, but he
was already 30 at that time!

He's entering Serena territory in terms of longevity records, and
overall achievements across men and women. Really, he's so out-distanced
the other men of the Open Era that if you want to challenge him, you
have to mention Serena, as silly as that kind of comparison is.

kaennorsing

Jul 16, 2017, 1:26:04 PM7/16/17
Op zondag 16 juli 2017 18:16:21 UTC+2 schreef StephenJ:
Very true. Apart from the longevity (perhaps?) Federer is relatively still ahead of Serena though. His records are marginally greater than hers, relative to their respective competitor's broken records.

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 1:38:40 PM7/16/17
Good point. Fed's achievements are relatively greater, and he is
approaching Serena even in absolute terms, which is pretty crazy.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 7:20:29 AM7/17/17
18 was such a big number when Evert/Navratilova ruled. Hard to believe
a man has won more than that.

---
http://www.avg.com

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 7:56:18 AM7/17/17
Good point. It seemed way, way out there, and at that time, Borg had the
most with 11.

bob

Jul 18, 2017, 9:46:48 PM7/18/17
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:57:06 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>On 17/07/2017 12:52 AM, stephenJ wrote:
>> WOW! The GOAT did it!
>>

>Amazing. What are the odds he would emerge from yrs in the wilderness &
>post his 1st ever straight set Wimbledon win & easiest ever final win?

IMO he never was really in the wilderness. though he didn't win many
slams past 7 yrs, he was in the mix making F, SF in a lot of them.
just a matter of time that murray/djok/rarfa would dip and if he kept
his level - as he did - he'd pick some up.

bob

Court_1

Jul 19, 2017, 7:40:11 AM7/19/17
Again, forget Murray. Federer post age 30 beat peak Djokovic at the FO 2011 and W 2012 and was right there with Djokovic at W 2014/15. This improved Fed with the more aggressive bh and ROS will be a handful for a Djokovic in good form.

As for Nadal, he's had one of his strongest years in 2017 and has looked lethal and Fed beat him all three times they played in 2017. Yet you were stupid enough to predict that if Nadal made it to Federer at Wimbledon, Nadal would beat Fed handily? What evidence do you base that on--the one grass win Nadal had over Fed 9 years ago which was basically a toss-up match? Federer is the much better grass court player. The smart money these days would be on Federer beating Nadal at Wimbeldon.

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:19:30 PM7/19/17
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:39:19 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:46:48 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:57:06 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Amazing. What are the odds he would emerge from yrs in the wilderness &
>> >post his 1st ever straight set Wimbledon win & easiest ever final win?
>>
>> IMO he never was really in the wilderness. though he didn't win many
>> slams past 7 yrs, he was in the mix making F, SF in a lot of them.
>> just a matter of time that murray/djok/rarfa would dip and if he kept
>> his level - as he did - he'd pick some up.
>>
>> bob
>
>Again, forget Murray. Federer post age 30 beat peak Djokovic at the FO 2011 and W 2012 and was right there with Djokovic at W 2014/15. This improved Fed with the more aggressive bh and ROS will be a handful for a Djokovic in good form.

fed played djok close past 7 yrs. only problem is djok now loses early
to nobodies or pulls out lame.

>As for Nadal, he's had one of his strongest years in 2017 and has looked lethal and Fed beat him all three times they played in 2017. Yet you were stupid enough to predict that if Nadal made it to Federer at Wimbledon, Nadal would beat Fed handily? What evidence do you base that on--the one grass win Nadal had over Fed 9 years ago which was basically a toss-up match? Federer is the much better grass court player. The smart money these days would be on Federer beating Nadal at Wimbeldon.

bob

kaennorsing

Jul 20, 2017, 6:14:56 AM7/20/17
Op woensdag 19 juli 2017 13:40:11 UTC+2 schreef Court_1:

> Again, forget Murray. Federer post age 30 beat peak Djokovic at the FO 2011 and W 2012 and was right there with Djokovic at W 2014/15. This improved Fed with the more aggressive bh and ROS will be a handful for a Djokovic in good form.
>
> As for Nadal, he's had one of his strongest years in 2017 and has looked lethal and Fed beat him all three times they played in 2017. Yet you were stupid enough to predict that if Nadal made it to Federer at Wimbledon, Nadal would beat Fed handily? What evidence do you base that on--the one grass win Nadal had over Fed 9 years ago which was basically a toss-up match? Federer is the much better grass court player. The smart money these days would be on Federer beating Nadal at Wimbeldon.

Good post. I would say Djoker has been very lucky to avoid Federer so far this year. He would have likely lost anywhere. In fact, I'm suspicious this is why he pulled out vs Berdych... Just to avoid Federer, as he knows he would have lost a very significant encounter and the mental edge he's worked so hard for against him. Or is it a pure coincidence that the first they he's scheduled to meet Federer this year he pulls out lame?

After all, grass would have been the worst place to play this rejuvenated, more aggressive Federer. Along with the prestige of Wimbledon that would have damaged the aura Djoker has worked so hard for vs his GOAT rival. The narrative would have been 'Djoker's back to winning ways but gets destroyed by 35 year old Federer'... Let's see what's up with his elbow in the coming months.

John Liang

Jul 20, 2017, 6:25:48 AM7/20/17
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 9:19:30 AM UTC+10, bob wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:39:19 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
> <olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:46:48 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> >> IMO he never was really in the wilderness. though he didn't win many
> >> slams past 7 yrs, he was in the mix making F, SF in a lot of them.
> >> just a matter of time that murray/djok/rarfa would dip and if he kept
> >> his level - as he did - he'd pick some up.
> >>
> >> bob
> >
> >Again, forget Murray. Federer post age 30 beat peak Djokovic at the FO 2011 and W 2012 and was right there with Djokovic at W 2014/15. This improved Fed with the more aggressive bh and ROS will be a handful for a Djokovic in good form.
>
> fed played djok close past 7 yrs. only problem is djok now loses early
> to nobodies or pulls out lame.

That is not the real problem, the real problem is Federer is adding more tools to his game and is dedicated to beat Djokovic. Djokovic seemed to lost his hunger for the game and since winning FO last year he liked to enjoy his life a bit more rather than putting in the hard work to have more success in his career.

Court_1

Jul 20, 2017, 7:05:11 AM7/20/17
Yeah. I don't believe much that faker Djokovic says. We've been hearing a different excuse for his losses for over a year. If his elbow was so bad why on earth did he play DC, Eastbourne, etc? Let's see if he skips the USO to heal this elbow or to heal his fragile ego or both.

bob

Jul 20, 2017, 8:48:07 PM7/20/17
On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:14:54 -0700 (PDT), kaennorsing
<ljub...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Op woensdag 19 juli 2017 13:40:11 UTC+2 schreef Court_1:
>
>> Again, forget Murray. Federer post age 30 beat peak Djokovic at the FO 2011 and W 2012 and was right there with Djokovic at W 2014/15. This improved Fed with the more aggressive bh and ROS will be a handful for a Djokovic in good form.
>>
>> As for Nadal, he's had one of his strongest years in 2017 and has looked lethal and Fed beat him all three times they played in 2017. Yet you were stupid enough to predict that if Nadal made it to Federer at Wimbledon, Nadal would beat Fed handily? What evidence do you base that on--the one grass win Nadal had over Fed 9 years ago which was basically a toss-up match? Federer is the much better grass court player. The smart money these days would be on Federer beating Nadal at Wimbeldon.
>
>Good post. I would say Djoker has been very lucky to avoid Federer so far this year. He would have likely lost anywhere.

djok avoids fed cause he's losing to nobodies first cause his game is
way off. what kind of logic are you using? sheesh.

> In fact, I'm suspicious this is why he pulled out vs Berdych... Just to avoid Federer, as he knows he would have lost a very significant encounter and the mental edge he's worked so hard for against him. Or is it a pure coincidence that the first they he's scheduled to meet Federer this year he pulls out lame?
>
>After all, grass would have been the worst place to play this rejuvenated, more aggressive Federer. Along with the prestige of Wimbledon that would have damaged the aura Djoker has worked so hard for vs his GOAT rival. The narrative would have been 'Djoker's back to winning ways but gets destroyed by 35 year old Federer'... Let's see what's up with his elbow in the coming months.

bob

Court_1

Jul 21, 2017, 12:40:45 AM7/21/17
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:48:07 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> >Good post. I would say Djoker has been very lucky to avoid Federer so far this year. He would have likely lost anywhere.
>
> djok avoids fed cause he's losing to nobodies first cause his game is
> way off. what kind of logic are you using? sheesh.

The point is that Federer would have ripped Djokovic a new asshole if they met at Wimbledon. Post age 30 Fed beat peak Djokovic when Nadal couldn't and Fed was close in those W 2014/15 finals vs Djokovic. Think what a rested and more aggressive Fed could do to this Djokovic or a Djokovic who makes a comeback.

Yummy, I can't wait!

Carey

Jul 21, 2017, 9:59:10 AM7/21/17
Djok/ Nadal/ Nurray are old, and worn out from winning all those Majors.

/s

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 8:50:43 AM7/23/17
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Djok/ Nadal/ Nurray are old, and worn out from winning all those Majors.
>

> /s

i think nad/djok at least are definitely worn out a bit from their
style of play, and probably don't love tennis as much as roger does.
murray is a step below talent wise anyway.

bob

Tuan

Jul 23, 2017, 10:30:02 AM7/23/17
According to Whisper they are still at peak, there's no such thing as being worn out or getting stale even if you've played continuously for 20+ years :)

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 12:27:48 PM7/23/17
they're not playing like it since last summer. they don't lose to fed
- they lose to nobodies. just 12 months ago djok was talking
dominance, murray was winning wimbledon. something happened and they
dropped way down abruptly. i think djok just is worn out, for 5 yrs he
went like a maniac. but that's not to say they couldn't pick it back
up next yr.

bob

jdeluise

Jul 23, 2017, 1:10:27 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:27:45 -0400, bob wrote:

> they're not playing like it since last summer. they don't lose to fed -
> they lose to nobodies.

Of course Nadal lost to Federer not once but three times. Talk about
fake news.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 3:37:45 PM7/23/17
my post was about djok and murray, but surely fed has owned nadal past
6 months, agree.

bob

jdeluise

Jul 23, 2017, 3:42:29 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:37:43 -0400, bob wrote:

> my post was about djok and murray, but surely fed has owned nadal past 6
> months, agree.

Read the thread, the topic was Djok/Nadal

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 3:55:35 PM7/23/17
yes, but halfway through i interjected murray. i was referring to
djok/murray, anyway.

bob