Stan is yet to lose a set

SliceAndDice

Jun 7, 2017, 12:04:13 PM6/7/17
Same as Nadal and Thiem.

Has Stan ever been this efficient at a slam? Can't remember.

Is Stanimal rising? Or has he already risen?

PeteWasLucky

Jun 7, 2017, 12:15:34 PM6/7/17
No Stan will be a wild animal in the next two matches. Seeing him crying when he lost the last masters final to Federer showed me how bad he is accepting losses in the final rounds.

ahonkan

Jun 7, 2017, 12:19:29 PM6/7/17
Will Stanimal's #4 come before Muzza's?
I will certainly pick Stan to beat Andy if Andy makes it past Nishi.

SliceAndDice

Jun 7, 2017, 12:29:38 PM6/7/17
Hope so.

bob

Jun 7, 2017, 5:51:34 PM6/7/17
both stan and thiem are capable of beating rafa right now. rafa's got
his work cut out.

bob

kaennorsing

Jun 7, 2017, 7:01:03 PM6/7/17
Op woensdag 7 juni 2017 23:51:34 UTC+2 schreef bob:
No doubt Rafa is playing as well or even better than ever before. Still, he's no lock given the incredible shotmaking potential of these power-baseliners. I agree they could potentially upset Rafa. That is IF Thiem can have a great start and stay close, Rafa's complete lack of struggle this tournament could possible present an opportunity.

They definitely need Rafa to have a bit of a letdown or choke AND play out of their minds themselves for the majority of the match. Guys painting the lines with bombs will have a mental effect on an opponent though... Or even a physical one. See AO '14 final.

bob

Jun 7, 2017, 8:09:38 PM6/7/17
yes. AO 14 final was a killer for rafa. and thiem just beat him on
clay. and he demolished djok. i doubt rafa would've beaten djok by
such a score.

bob

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:41:31 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:19:29 PM UTC-4, ahonkan wrote:
Stan is the slight favorite vs Murray but it's basically a toss-up match. Murray is smart and knows how to play Stan.

SliceAndDice

Jun 7, 2017, 11:44:48 PM6/7/17
If Stan plays like he did today, Andy is toast.

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:46:20 PM6/7/17
That Thiem win vs Nadal was a best of three match in Rome when Nadal was tired after winning Barcelona, Madrid and MC. Taking three sets off Nadal on Chatrier is different endeavor. I doubt Thiem or Stan will beat Nadal.

As for Nadal beating Djokovic by such a score on clay, Nadal would have humiliated this Djokovic if they met at the FO. The score would have been something like 6-2, 6-2, 6-3. Djokovic tanked that match vs Thiem for a reason. He did not want to face Nadal. Djokovic knew he wasn't good enough yet.

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:48:09 PM6/7/17
I didn't see the Stan vs Cilic match but Murray is not Cilic. Murray is a completely different match-up for Stan. I think Stan is the favorite over Murray but I wouldn't be surprised if Murray won.

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:49:25 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:48:09 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

> I wouldn't be surprised if Murray won.

*if Murray wins*

SliceAndDice

Jun 7, 2017, 11:50:52 PM6/7/17
Can't disagree with you there. Murray is going to get way more balls in play than Cilic.

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:53:29 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Can't disagree with you there. Murray is going to get way more balls in play than Cilic.

Didn't Murray beat Stan at the FO last year? It's a 50-50 match.

Court_1

Jun 7, 2017, 11:54:53 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Can't disagree with you there. Murray is going to get way more balls in play than Cilic.

I hope Stan wins because I prefer his tennis style if he's serious and zoning.

SliceAndDice

Jun 7, 2017, 11:58:13 PM6/7/17
I wouldn't necessarily go by that result. Stan was not in good form last year, and Murray was in his best ever clay form.
But yeah, stranger things have happened.

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 12:03:05 AM6/8/17
As I said, I hope Stan wins that match.

Gracchus

Jun 8, 2017, 12:10:32 AM6/8/17
Yeah, Stan isn't a mope like Murray. The head-pointing thing gets tiresome, but he's Polish so must cut him some slack.

SliceAndDice

Jun 8, 2017, 12:13:09 AM6/8/17
I am hoping we have some good matches in the semis and finals. This French Open has been the most unmemorable slam in recent years, not even a single quality match, especially on the men's side.
Message has been deleted

TT

Jun 8, 2017, 1:13:56 AM6/8/17
sushru...@gmail.com kirjoitti 8.6.2017 klo 7:58:
> On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:43:09 AM UTC+5:30, SliceAndDice wrote:
>>
>> I am hoping we have some good matches in the semis and finals. This French Open has been the most unmemorable slam in recent years, not even a single quality match, especially on the men's side.
>
> Agreed. Go Stan! Murray's virtue is consistency and doggedness. Stan has
> outstanding shotmaking. There's a higher probability of Wawrinka upsetting
> Rafa than Murray, though Murray did beat Rafa on clay last year.

I think Murray is more likely to upset Rafa. Stan could do it on a
perfect day - but he could also be slaughtered 3,2 and 0.

Bharath Purohit

Jun 8, 2017, 1:19:08 AM6/8/17
I'm nervous as hell. Cant even sleep at night.

COME ON RAFAAAA !!! Lets do it !!!

TT

Jun 8, 2017, 1:26:18 AM6/8/17
Bharath Purohit kirjoitti 8.6.2017 klo 8:19:
> I'm nervous as hell. Cant even sleep at night.
>
> COME ON RAFAAAA !!! Lets do it !!!

Let's go!

Legendary Finnish 80s commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpWsogbafo

TT

Jun 8, 2017, 2:02:36 AM6/8/17
Bettors think Stan is the slight favourite... I would say that Murray is.

TT

Jun 8, 2017, 2:03:45 AM6/8/17
What's wrong with 'if Murray won'?

Whisper

Jun 8, 2017, 4:57:35 AM6/8/17
Murray can win if Stan comes out tight & missing a lot. If he's hitting
free & loose it will be 3 tight sets for Stan.

Remember when Murray was defending USO champ & Stan crushed him 64 63
62? A great offensive game will always beat a great defender.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jun 8, 2017, 4:59:15 AM6/8/17
Murray certainly can win as Stan is due to have a flat match, but Stan
is the clear fave overall.

stephenJ

Jun 8, 2017, 6:32:14 AM6/8/17
Yeah, that's the best way to view it - a 50/50 match. Nobody can say
they will be surprised if either guy wins.

That's one reason its a match worth tuning in for.

---

stephenJ

Jun 8, 2017, 6:34:00 AM6/8/17
Yes, Murray's lobs and drop shots are things of beauty rare in the
modern game, particularly when he uses them in conjunction. Stan doesn't
have anything worth watching other than a brutally powerful one-handed BH.

But, I like seeing great finals, and even though I want Nadal to win
this title, I want him to work for it, and I think Stan would make him
work for it more than Murray.

stephenJ

Jun 8, 2017, 6:35:54 AM6/8/17
Murray is far more than a defender. He can blast service winners and
groundstroke winners off both wings.

Murray has played himself into this event, he wins 4-6 6-4 7-6 7-5.

---

PeteWasLucky

Jun 8, 2017, 7:16:08 AM6/8/17
> Yeah, Stan isn't a mope like Murray. The head-pointing thing gets tiresome, but he's Polish so must cut him some slack.

Stan is a better clay player than Murray but he played the wrong way in Murray's hands last year. Hitting hard without sharp angles to move Murray out and open the court will be disastrous for Wawrinka again.

If Wawrinka can play with a strategy to beat Murray he will be very dangerous on Sunday.

Court_1

Jun 8, 2017, 7:18:01 AM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 7:16:08 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> If Wawrinka can play with a strategy to beat Murray he will be very dangerous on Sunday.

LOL.

Whisper

Jun 8, 2017, 11:59:13 AM6/8/17
On 8/06/2017 8:33 PM, stephenJ wrote:
> On 6/7/2017 10:54 PM, Court_1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
>>> Can't disagree with you there. Murray is going to get way more balls
>>> in play than Cilic.
>>
>> I hope Stan wins because I prefer his tennis style if he's serious and
>> zoning.
>>

> Yes, Murray's lobs and drop shots are things of beauty rare in the
> modern game, particularly when he uses them in conjunction. Stan doesn't
> have anything worth watching other than a brutally powerful one-handed BH.

'Other' than his bh? That bh is arguably the greatest bh of all time.
For me, Stan at his best is probably the most exciting player to watch
this century. I refuse to watch Nadal v Djoker v Murray matches -
maybe I'll watch some of the match if it's a slam final - maybe.
Anything less than a slam final with those 3 guys forget about it.

---
http://www.avg.com

Carey

Jun 8, 2017, 12:15:06 PM6/8/17
Seguso

SliceAndDice

Jun 8, 2017, 3:27:42 PM6/8/17
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 6:34:00 AM UTC-4, StephenJ wrote:
> On 6/7/2017 10:54 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> >> Can't disagree with you there. Murray is going to get way more balls in play than Cilic.
> >
> > I hope Stan wins because I prefer his tennis style if he's serious and zoning.
> >

> Yes, Murray's lobs and drop shots are things of beauty rare in the
> modern game, particularly when he uses them in conjunction. Stan doesn't
> have anything worth watching other than a brutally powerful one-handed BH.

Stan's serve and forehand are very underrated.

undecided

Jun 8, 2017, 4:00:23 PM6/8/17
Obviously you have not seen my BH.....
Lol, switched to 1 handed BH 6 weeks ago after 30 yrs of 2handed. Hitting quite well already, occasionally I can blow opponents of the court but not consistent enough yet.

bob

Jun 8, 2017, 7:36:40 PM6/8/17
you kidding? i'm tuning in just to watch that head pointing! gives me
endless joy, seriously.