Federer cheated

*skriptis

Jan 30, 2017, 1:01:02 PM1/30/17
Says Pat Cash.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

soccerfan777

Jan 30, 2017, 1:03:39 PM1/30/17
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
> Says Pat Cash.

Who is a total loser just like you. Lendl should have kicked his ass in the locker room.

Guypers

Jan 30, 2017, 1:13:34 PM1/30/17
> http://usenet.sinaapp.com/.

How, the mto??

Gracchus

Jan 30, 2017, 1:43:42 PM1/30/17
LOL. Pat Cash is a nobody. The only impact he had on tennis was starting the phony trend of climbing up into the crowd after a match. It's like quoting someone who was an extra on "The Andy Griffith Show" 50 years ago to give expert opinion on acting.

*skriptis

Jan 30, 2017, 2:01:03 PM1/30/17
soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
>> Says Pat Cash.
>
> Who is a total loser just like you. Lendl should have kicked his ass in the locker room.

Cash is kinda right.

Even Federer himself admitted mto
was tactical. Both against
Wawrinka and in the final.

He even spoke about never doing such things earlier suggesting
he's somehow entitled for it at now.

I won't lead a lynch over this, I don't really care, he didn't
break rules explicitly and other guys do the same, but if he gets
sportsmanship award again, it's a disgrace.

Also fedfuckers are fun by living in denial.

*skriptis

Jan 30, 2017, 2:01:04 PM1/30/17
Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
So there isn't a person in this world that can criticize Federer?

You went ad hominem against Cash. That's low.

Manuel aka Xax

Jan 30, 2017, 2:01:20 PM1/30/17
"Legally cheated" were his words...
I quite liked him before reading about this rant, and wonder what he might have said, had Nadal managed to truly disturb Wawrinka...
Or was it okay, since Rafa was not as dangerous for Stan in that match ?

Looks to me as a quite bad way to catch some attention, from Cash.

soccerfan777

Jan 30, 2017, 2:02:57 PM1/30/17
Have to blame the mofo Peter Doohan for spoiling it. Becker would have tore a new one for Cash if he were in the final. Cash was lucky to get a unnatural serve-volleyer like Lendl playing serve volley even on second serves at Wimbledon. Also Edberg softened Lendl for the final. I am sure Edberg would have taken care of Cash in the semis. If the semis were reversed - Lendl playing Connors and Edberg playing Cash, it would have probably a Wimbledon victory for Lendl... but that was not meant to be...

Guypers

Jan 30, 2017, 2:05:03 PM1/30/17
Cash is a slimeball attention whore!?!?!

RaspingDrive

Jan 30, 2017, 2:43:32 PM1/30/17
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 2:01:03 PM UTC-5, *skriptis wrote:
> soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> > On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
> >> Says Pat Cash.
> >
> > Who is a total loser just like you. Lendl should have kicked his ass in the locker room.
> >

> Cash is kinda right.
>
> Even Federer himself admitted mto
> was tactical. Both against
> Wawrinka and in the final.
>
> He even spoke about never doing such things earlier suggesting
> he's somehow entitled for it at now.

It can also suggest that he didn't take it before because he didn't need one but that with his current fitness issues because of old age he needs one these days. Maybe he was making a statement to those who ran like a spring chicken or those who unfurled FH and BH bombs and got injured as a result, during the match. Who knows?

> I won't lead a lynch over this, I don't really care, he didn't
> break rules explicitly and other guys do the same, but if he gets
> sportsmanship award again, it's a disgrace.
>
> Also fedfuckers are fun by living in denial.

Did Nadal take a short break after the first set? ;) Perhaps it was timed to distract? Who knows? Who in your opinion should get the sportsmanship award among the following (add more names if you want):
1) Federer
2) Nadal
3) Novak
4) Sir Andy
5) Stanimal
6) Raonic
7) Nishi
8) Monfils
9) Tsonga
10) Berdych
11) Istomin
12) Dimitrov
13) Isner
14) Thiem
15) Goffin

SliceAndDice

Jan 30, 2017, 3:22:38 PM1/30/17

stephenJ

Jan 30, 2017, 3:50:53 PM1/30/17
On 1/30/2017 12:36 PM, *skriptis wrote:
> soccerfan777 <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:01:02 PM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
>>> Says Pat Cash.
>>
>> Who is a total loser just like you. Lendl should have kicked his ass in the locker room.
>>

> Cash is kinda right.
>
> Even Federer himself admitted mto
> was tactical.

If so, it was a failed tactic, as Nadal immediately broke Fed to begin
the 5th set and took a 3-1 lead.

---

heyg...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 4:08:48 PM1/30/17
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 1:01:02 PM UTC-5, *skriptis wrote:
They both left the court after the 4th set. Fed just took longer with the trainer.

Yama

Jan 30, 2017, 4:14:33 PM1/30/17
"Cheat if you must, abuse if you can."

The Iceberg

Jan 30, 2017, 4:54:03 PM1/30/17
the Fedfans are the same as they always were, any criticism of Fed and they only return with one thing - threats of serious violence! it was always like this and worst of all back in 2006-2009 when if you pointed out his fh stomp volley a near lynching would happen!

*skriptis

Jan 30, 2017, 5:30:02 PM1/30/17
RaspingDrive <raspin...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
See? This is the problem imo. It's not up to anyone to decide in
advance. The year has just started.
Award should be given to a guy who deserves it over the course of
the season.
Imo doing this in a GS final disqualifies you for this year.

SliceAndDice

Jan 30, 2017, 5:44:36 PM1/30/17
This is decided by the players, who are the best judge of who the best sportsman is. So let them decide.

Cut the guy a break. He is playing after six months, is 35, has played the most sets of anyone in the tournament and has a very clean record when it comes to tennis comportment over all these years. He was ingenuous enough to admit that it was not a real injury. How many have you seen admitting to this, even though this rule has been abused for years, including and especially by Nadal.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 30, 2017, 5:52:11 PM1/30/17
*skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:
Q. Critical comments. I think Pat Cash said it was legalized
cheating. Can you tell us what was going on there, what the
reason was.
ROGER FEDERER: Look, I mean, I explained myself a couple of days
ago after the Stan match. Yeah, my leg has been hurting me since
the Rubin match. I was happy that I was able to navigate through
the pain. For some reason against Stan I had it from the start on
both sides of the groin.

After he took a medical timeout, I thought I could also take one
for a change and see if actually something like a massage during
the match is actually going to help me. It did a little bit
potentially. I'm not sure.

And then today after probably -- well, I felt my quad midway
through the second set already, and the groin started to hurt
midway through the third set. I just told myself, The rules are
there that you can use them. I also think we shouldn't be using
these rules or abusing the system. I think I've led the way for
20 years.

So I think to be critical there is exaggerating. I'm the last guy
to call a medical timeout. So I don't know what he's talking
about.

*skriptis

Jan 30, 2017, 6:30:02 PM1/30/17
SliceAndDice <vish...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
But I haven't gone after him. Cash did.

I posted that just to show you how moderate I am on this issue.

I am ok with him doing it. It was within the rules, but not fair
play so he shouldn't get fair play rewards.

However he'll probably get one and that is precisely what's wrong
with our planet and what's blocking world progress.

A mob mentality. People ie players in this case feel intimidated
and they're oppressed. When a constant praise of something, be it
Federer, or diversity is required, it's a totalitarianism.

As such, freethinking individuals and freedom messenger such as
whisper here, those who aren't afraid to expose wrongdoings or
dogma, are the ones who we need the most.

AZ

Jan 30, 2017, 6:41:23 PM1/30/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 5:30:02 AM UTC+6, *skriptis wrote:
> SliceAndDice <gmail.com> Wrote in message:
So all of this was a narcissistic "I am holier than thou" masturbation act from you? You want a trophy for your self-proclaimed moderateness?

Hey everybody, let's all give little babyboy skriptis the "most moderate poster" award.

Let's also give him a special shiny "rst fedfucker police" badge while we are at it.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm moderate! How about that?" "No, YOU're a Fedfucker!" sure sounds like a whiny little 10 year old kid still in the primary school.

Whisper

Jan 31, 2017, 6:53:56 AM1/31/17
On 31/01/2017 6:02 AM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:43:42 PM UTC-6, Gracchus wrote:

>>> Who is a total loser just like you. Lendl should have kicked his ass in the locker room.
>>
>> LOL. Pat Cash is a nobody. The only impact he had on tennis was starting the phony trend of climbing up into the crowd after a match. It's like quoting someone who was an extra on "The Andy Griffith Show" 50 years ago to give expert opinion on acting.
>
> Have to blame the mofo Peter Doohan for spoiling it. Becker would have tore a new one for Cash if he were in the final.

Hey Pete's a pal of mine - sat & chatted with him a few weeks ago.

Whisper

Jan 31, 2017, 6:58:01 AM1/31/17
Well technically Cash is right. Imagine Fedfucker fury if Rafa did the
same & ending up beating Fed? Be honest - you'd be livid with rage &
spewing bile for weeks.

I don't have a prob with either guy taking a breather at their ages, but
yes technically you can't say Cash is lying.

Whisper

Jan 31, 2017, 7:00:03 AM1/31/17
Imo Nadal. He lost a match he was winning & was very gracious in defeat.

I don't count it when the winners are gracious. That's predictable &
easy to do. Much more difficult in defeat when you looked like winning
& lost narrowly.

SliceAndDice

Jan 31, 2017, 7:03:39 AM1/31/17
There is no need to "imagine". He has already done that several times :) (2011 French Open down 5-2 immediately comes to mind).

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 7:09:19 AM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 6:58:01 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:

> Well technically Cash is right. Imagine Fedfucker fury if Rafa did the
> same & ending up beating Fed? Be honest - you'd be livid with rage &
> spewing bile for weeks.
>
> I don't have a prob with either guy taking a breather at their ages, but
> yes technically you can't say Cash is lying.

Nah, Cash has it in for Federer. Many years ago Cash said something negative publicly about Mirka, i.e that she was trying to control Federer, so that created some bad blood between them. Who cares what one slam wonder Cash has to say?

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 7:13:27 AM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:00:03 AM UTC-5, Whisper wrote:

> Imo Nadal. He lost a match he was winning & was very gracious in defeat.
>
> I don't count it when the winners are gracious. That's predictable &
> easy to do. Much more difficult in defeat when you looked like winning
> & lost narrowly.

Honestly, Nadal didn't look that gracious to me. He looked very angry and it showed. He was seething. His speech was gracious but when Federer was talking he looked mad! This was a bad loss for him. I think Nadal looked much more gracious and happy when he lost to Djokovic in that tight five setter at the AO years ago.
Message has been deleted

Whisper

Jan 31, 2017, 7:36:08 AM1/31/17
Of course he's doing it to be controversial so people don't forget him.
Bet he's gleeful he has a technical point.

: )

Whisper

Jan 31, 2017, 7:38:21 AM1/31/17
I agree Rafa looked tortured when he lost, but that's great. Better
than what Tomic & co show no?

Rafa did well to smile at the end of his speech & give Roger credit.
That is hard. Fed being gracious is pointless as he won. That doesn't
define exceptional sportsmanship. You won so it's easy.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 31, 2017, 7:44:36 AM1/31/17
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
I agree, he looked very gloomy (I hope I used the right word :) ).
Of course he should have felt that way, this was a chance to win
a slam and winning a slam is never guaranteed for him any more
and is never guaranteed for any other player as well.

Younger players are pushing, Zverev, Dimitrov, ..

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 7:46:11 AM1/31/17
He gave Roger credit but when Roger was speaking Nadal looked miserable, much more so than I have seen him look after losses in the past. This loss must have been worse for him because it was a legacy match. Bye bye chance at having the most number of slams. Winning five more when you are 30 or seven more for Djokovic when he's approaching 30? Not bloody likely.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 7:48:29 AM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 AM UTC-5, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> I agree, he looked very gloomy (I hope I used the right word :) ).
> Of course he should have felt that way, this was a chance to win
> a slam and winning a slam is never guaranteed for him any more
> and is never guaranteed for any other player as well.
>
> Younger players are pushing, Zverev, Dimitrov, ..

Yes.

Gracchus

Jan 31, 2017, 11:56:02 AM1/31/17
What did he have to seethe about? Getting outplayed? This shows the sense of entitlement beneath his "humble" facade. Nadal is a Uriah Heep.

soccerfan777

Jan 31, 2017, 12:01:58 PM1/31/17
I hope you are not talking about that shitty band that nerds like TT like?

Gracchus

Jan 31, 2017, 12:08:13 PM1/31/17
LOL. I had a feeling someone would refer to that. Come on, Raja, you must know where the band's name comes from.

soccerfan777

Jan 31, 2017, 12:26:01 PM1/31/17
I was kidding... I just wanted to dump on TT once again ;-)

TT

Jan 31, 2017, 12:34:14 PM1/31/17
31.1.2017, 14:38, Whisper kirjoitti:
> I agree Rafa looked tortured when he lost

Low energy.

TT

Jan 31, 2017, 12:36:16 PM1/31/17
You wanna bet?

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 1:03:28 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 11:56:02 AM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:

> What did he have to seethe about? Getting outplayed? This shows the sense of entitlement beneath his "humble" facade. Nadal is a Uriah Heep.

Yes. He was seething because: a) he was up a break in the fifth and probably figured Federer would collapse but that didn't happen and Federer played better and, b)this was basically a legacy match and Nadal lost the war. Now he's five slams away from surpassing the slam count and it's too big a mountain to climb for a 30 year old grinder. That has to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Shakes

Jan 31, 2017, 3:42:56 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:03:28 AM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:

> Yes. He was seething because: a) he was up a break in the fifth and probably figured Federer would collapse but that didn't happen and Federer played better and, b)this was basically a legacy match and Nadal lost the war. Now he's five slams away from surpassing the slam count and it's too big a mountain to climb for a 30 year old grinder. That has to be a bitter pill to swallow.

I agree with this. I think Nadal was so used to Fed cracking under pressure in the past that he subconsciously expected the same again. As they say, never underestimate your opponent ever. Agree about the second point too. A single match changed the slam gap from a potential 2 slams to 4 - just huge. Fed delivered at the most crucial time in his career to protect his record.

But I think Nadal will give one more go at the FO. If he wins that he might be motivated to keep going for some more time. If not, tough to see him keep going.

Carey

Jan 31, 2017, 3:46:08 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:03:28 AM UTC-8, Court_1 wrote:
How unfortunate for Humbalito. I feel for him, but not badly. ;)

AZ

Jan 31, 2017, 4:46:45 PM1/31/17
Nadal was inches away. He will be back. It was big boost for him. And he still has a few years. He will not retire soon.

Tuan

Jan 31, 2017, 5:16:52 PM1/31/17
Slam opportunities are few and far in between for Nadal now so naturally he feels it more when losing a final. Plus losing the decider after leading with a break. There's no need for further explanations.

stephenJ

Jan 31, 2017, 5:18:59 PM1/31/17
Yes, the loss is gutting for now, but a month on he'll be thinking about
how close he came, how much better his game has rounded back in to form,
and will be focused like a laser on winning the FO.

---

DavidW

Jan 31, 2017, 5:42:07 PM1/31/17
On 31/01/2017 4:31 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> Says Pat Cash.

Other than Cash the media has barely raised it. In a past AO Federer
also admitted in an on-court interview taking a tactical bathroom break
while the shadow was moving across the court. Again, nothing from the press.

Contrast that with the barrage from the press that Victoria Azarenka got
when she took an MTO in an AO semi-final. Tactical MTOs happen weekly on
the circuit but the press acted like it had never happened before and
hounded her.

AZ

Jan 31, 2017, 5:58:26 PM1/31/17
Yep the long-term effects of this kind of performance, even after a close loss is immense. Fed once lost a five setter to Hewitt in 2003. Then Hewitt got slapped around by Fed for the next 8-9 years or something like that.

Rafa played beyond awesome given this was not his best surface. Except for the trophy, everything is looking up for him.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 9:10:58 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 4:46:45 PM UTC-5, AZ wrote:

> > But I think Nadal will give one more go at the FO. If he wins that he might be motivated to keep going for some more time. If not, tough to see him keep going.
>
> Nadal was inches away. He will be back. It was big boost for him. And he still has a few years. He will not retire soon.

I agree more with Shakes. I feel that Nadal will give the FO another go and maybe a few more slams after that. If he doesn't see the type of results he wants, I think he'll probably pack it in. The clues are all there and he talks a lot more about retirement these days. He's got his tennis centre to go to where he will keep busy. He's a simple small town guy at heart, a guy who likes routine.

Maybe Nadal and Federer will retire around the same time? End of year? It's really difficult to see Nadal playing at 35 for the love of the game without winning slams. And Federer has been giving a few hints he may retire at the end of the year, i.e his AO speech where he said "if I'm not back" and he is playing Miami this year, an event he dislikes.

When these two do retire, I will take a tennis break.

AZ

Jan 31, 2017, 9:44:20 PM1/31/17
Fed retiring at the end of this year won't be that surprising. But Nadal is comparatively still young and he just got his form back. He looked fresh to me at the end of back to back five setters. Why would he retire end of this year when he just got his groove back in a big way? I think he will be around for more than you are giving him.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 9:56:36 PM1/31/17
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:44:20 PM UTC-5, AZ wrote:

> Fed retiring at the end of this year won't be that surprising. But Nadal is comparatively still young and he just got his form back. He looked fresh to me at the end of back to back five setters. Why would he retire end of this year when he just got his groove back in a big way? I think he will be around for more than you are giving him.

Obviously nobody knows what will happen but it's just a feeling I have based on some of the comments Nadal has made recently and how pissed off he looked after the AO loss the other day. I've never seen him look like that before in any other loss. His slam pigeon who is five years older beat him. If he didn't think about retirement before, surely that would do it? :)

I think that if he doesn't get decent results at the FO this year and at slams after that, he may retire. We'll have to see if he continues to make finals or if he loses in earlier rounds again as he has for the past two years.

Court_1

Jan 31, 2017, 10:11:18 PM1/31/17
Adding, hopefully he'll win the FO this year and that will inspire him.

AZ

Feb 1, 2017, 12:06:56 AM2/1/17
On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 8:56:36 AM UTC+6, Court_1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:44:20 PM UTC-5, AZ wrote:
>
> > Fed retiring at the end of this year won't be that surprising. But Nadal is comparatively still young and he just got his form back. He looked fresh to me at the end of back to back five setters. Why would he retire end of this year when he just got his groove back in a big way? I think he will be around for more than you are giving him.
>
> Obviously nobody knows what will happen but it's just a feeling I have based on some of the comments Nadal has made recently and how pissed off he looked after the AO loss the other day. I've never seen him look like that before in any other loss. His slam pigeon who is five years older beat him. If he didn't think about retirement before, surely that would do it? :)

I think Nadal was pissed because even when he was trailing 4-5 at the very end of the match with Federer serving for the match, even in that last game of the match, he had two breakpoints 15-40 to make it 5-5. But then Fed closed it out in a somewhat scrappy fashion with two uncharacteristic Nadal UEs and some good serving from Fed. That's what Nadal was pissed about I think. He was ruing the missed opportunities. His body language told me that he was still mentally pumped to fight Roger game after game at that point. But it slipped away from him. This barely-lost experience will energize him more.

Whisper

Feb 1, 2017, 3:14:52 AM2/1/17
Don't think so. Rafa never buckled mentally & was a chance of winning
right to the last point. First time I thought Rafa could lose was when
he was broken back for 3-3 in 5th.

Whisper

Feb 1, 2017, 4:36:35 AM2/1/17
He hasn't won a slam in 3 yrs. How can he win 5 more to break the record?