Official rst Roland Garros predictions 2017 (starts SUNDAY)

DavidW

May 26, 2017, 8:09:58 AM5/26/17
Hello,

The draws are out for Hops's former contest:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html

Same rules, predict the winner/finalist for both men and women. Scoring
allocation:

Winner Pick is Winner 6 points
Finalist Pick is Finalist 4 points
Winner Pick is Finalist 3 points
Finalist Pick is Winner 3 points

Picks must be from different sides of the draw. If they are from the
same side, only the Winner pick will be allowed.

If one of your picks is in danger of pulling out of the event you can
select an alternate pick, but the alternate is only valid if the
original pick withdraws before their first match.

All entries will be listed here:
http://home.pacific.net.au/~davidw/tennis/contest/rst_2017sp_RG.html

Entries must be posted before the first ball is struck in Paris on Sunday.

Good luck.

Scall5

May 26, 2017, 9:41:38 AM5/26/17

"DavidW" wrote in message news:og95ui$e7r$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

Hello,

The draws are out for Hops's former contest:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html
****************

Rafael Nadal over Alexander Zverev
Svetlana Kuznetsova over Elina Svitolina

Thanks a million for doing this DavidW!
-----------------------------
Scall5

Laurent

May 26, 2017, 10:47:02 AM5/26/17
Mladenovic def Svitolina
Nadal def A. Zverev

PeteWasLucky

May 26, 2017, 10:49:18 AM5/26/17
Who is this Zverev that everyone is picking for the final?!!!

Court_1

May 26, 2017, 11:11:38 AM5/26/17
Well, Zverev just won a Masters 1000(on clay) at age 20, the youngest guy to win a Masters 1000 since Djokovic did it in Miami 10 years ago so people get hyped up. It's the "what have you done for me lately" effect.

Bharath Purohit

May 26, 2017, 12:22:01 PM5/26/17
Djokovic beats Wawrinka
Kerber beats Mugu

eva.lar...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 4:08:05 PM5/26/17
Djok d Cilik

Halep d Bertens

//Ivan

Scott

May 26, 2017, 8:52:07 PM5/26/17
On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:22:01 PM UTC-4, Bharath Purohit wrote:
> Djokovic beats Wawrinka
> Kerber beats Mugu

Djoker def Stan
Pliskova def Lerner

Thanks, David!

The Iceberg

May 27, 2017, 5:23:42 AM5/27/17
better get this is now in case DavidW tries to ban me again! :)
Murray d Theim (thanks to Patrick for the tip)
Kerber d Halep

ahonkan

May 27, 2017, 7:08:20 AM5/27/17
On Friday, 26 May 2017 17:39:58 UTC+5:30, DavidW wrote:
David, thanks as usual.

Rafa d A Zverev
Mladenovic d Halep

Federer Fanatic

May 27, 2017, 8:59:25 AM5/27/17
Mens: Wawrinka loses to Rafa in final.

FF

Whisper

May 27, 2017, 10:25:02 AM5/27/17

Nadal d Wawrinka

Halep d Stosur

---
http://www.avg.com

nuwil...@gmail.com

May 27, 2017, 2:08:45 PM5/27/17
David, thank you for continuing this. This is Thomas
R. Kettler using Google Groups since I'm away and
don't have Wifi.

Gentlemen- Stanislas Wawrinka defeats Novak
Djokovic
Ladies- Garbine Muguruza defeats Simona Halep

nuwil...@gmail.com

May 27, 2017, 2:15:32 PM5/27/17
Thank you DavidW for continuing this. This is

undecided

May 27, 2017, 5:47:41 PM5/27/17
Nadal Def. Murray
Muguruza Def. Navarro

Maria Miller

May 27, 2017, 5:49:50 PM5/27/17
1. Wawrinka
2. Thiem

1. Muguruza
2. Konta

M.M.

Michał Jankowski

May 27, 2017, 5:52:12 PM5/27/17
A. Zverev def. Nadal
Svitolina def. Muguruza

MJ

Guypers

May 27, 2017, 8:17:50 PM5/27/17
Nadal b Stan
Mugulooza b Halep

Yama

May 27, 2017, 8:28:33 PM5/27/17
Hommes: Wawrinka d. Goffin
Mademoiselles: Muguruza d. Pavlyuchenkova

Scott

May 27, 2017, 9:45:09 PM5/27/17
Spell check got me.

Djoker def Stan
Pliskova def Kerber

DavidW

May 27, 2017, 10:19:56 PM5/27/17
On 28-May-17 11:45 AM, Scott wrote:
>> Pliskova def Lerner

> Spell check got me.
>
> Pliskova def Kerber

Yeah, I figured it out after a while. L is next K and B is next to N on
the keyboard.

TennisGuy

May 28, 2017, 12:27:44 AM5/28/17
On 5/26/2017 8:11 AM, DavidW wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The draws are out for Hops's former contest:
> http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html
>

> All entries will be listed here:
> http://home.pacific.net.au/~davidw/tennis/contest/rst_2017sp_RG.html
>
> Entries must be posted before the first ball is struck in Paris on Sunday.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks again David for hosting. You are a wise man to step in only when
needed most here. :)

My picks:

Djok d Waw
Konta d Kerber

May 28, 2017, 1:11:27 AM5/28/17
venus d pliskova

DavidW

May 28, 2017, 2:17:20 AM5/28/17
Nadal d. Fognini
Konta d. Mladenovic

May 28, 2017, 3:45:52 AM5/28/17
that is ka pliskova... realised later that both sisters in main draw

nadal d wawrinka

May 28, 2017, 4:05:17 AM5/28/17
nadal d nishikori

May 28, 2017, 4:17:42 AM5/28/17
also expect that monfils may do very well here

May 28, 2017, 4:40:39 AM5/28/17
changing to venus d svitolina

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 4:57:41 AM5/28/17
Nadal d. Wawrinka
Halep d. Mladenovic

Pelle Svanslös

May 28, 2017, 5:15:04 AM5/28/17
Djokovic d. Cilic
Muguruza d. Ivanka

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

*skriptis

May 28, 2017, 5:30:02 AM5/28/17
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.com> Wrote in message:
> Djokovic d. Cilic
> Muguruza d. Ivanka

Cilic d Nadal
Halep d Stosur

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Bharath Purohit

May 28, 2017, 5:58:04 AM5/28/17
Bhahahahahahaha , DavidW, are you out of your fucking mind? You pick fognini in the final? Looooool

*No offence intended

Bharath Purohit

May 28, 2017, 6:14:06 AM5/28/17
My new picks (as i picked two women from same half earlier)

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 6:25:00 AM5/28/17
David W, make sure skriptis' picks do not get entered please. His picks were posted long past the deadline! That slimy weasel.

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 6:30:02 AM5/28/17
You originally picked Kerber and Muguruza and they are and always have been on the same side of the draw!

Oh my God! *rolls eyes*

Guypers

May 28, 2017, 6:53:29 AM5/28/17
LOL, cooortly1 copied my picks, Jaysus

Whisper

May 28, 2017, 7:13:48 AM5/28/17
Kerber down 2-5 in 1st set rd1.

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 7:22:53 AM5/28/17
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 6:53:29 AM UTC-4, Guypers wrote:
> On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 6:30:02 AM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
>
> LOL, cooortly1 copied my picks, Jaysus

What are you talking about? I don't have the same womens' picks as you do! Did you pick Halep d Mladenovic? Secondly, I did not look at your picks before I posted mine a few minutes before the matches started.

As for the mens' picks, Nadal was a no-brainer for me long before I saw the draw and once I did look at the draw for the first time, I decided on Nadal d Wawrinka almost instantly.

With the women, the most obvious choices were between Muguruza, Mladenovic, Kuznetsova, Svitolina and Halep. But the truth is, about 10 other women could win it as well. I decided to pick Halep as the winner because she has looked the best to me this cc season but she also has a problem with her foot and she's a head case so I wouldn't be surprised if she won the whole thing or flopped in R1. They are all a bunch of basket cases. No sure thing with the women this year.

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 7:37:45 AM5/28/17
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:13:48 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:

> Kerber down 2-5 in 1st set rd1.

You have to be stupid to pick Kerber to go all the way on clay even with this uncertain WTA field. Kerber has talked constantly to the press about how she despises playing on clay.

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 7:48:26 AM5/28/17
Imagine if Kvitova wins the whole thing?. A player who never did much on clay comes back after a devastating attack and surgery to repair her sliced hands and wins the slam (and her first tournament played) on her worst surface?

What a story that would be. I'd love to see that.

*skriptis

May 28, 2017, 8:01:03 AM5/28/17
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
> David W, make sure skriptis' picks do not get entered please. His picks were posted long past the deadline! That slimy weasel.

You're of course both humorless and classless. Disgusting
personality just like Rosie O'donnel.

I was indeed late, not "long past" but mere 10 minutes. And I
posted my picks replying to pelle who was also late, in a mocking
attempt. You seem to have missed his picks but have a pick on my
picks. Disgusting and scary obsession with me actually, as
otherwise you'd have noticed other guys who were late as well not
just me.

What's this got to do with you anyway? You're irrelevant.
I made no plea nor I tried to influence David whether he'll accept
my (and pelle's) picks or not. You're not running the show here.
Rosie.
David is. It's his game. So shut up.

Of course rules are simple and clear and more importantly it's
just a game so I'm perfectly fine if he doesn't take my picks,
which were 10 minutes late.

However genuine jurists would understand the spirit of the rule.
If your pick is Nadal d Djokovic, then it hardly matters if Bonzi
and Medvedev took the court couple of minutes ago. So even if he
accepted such late picks, as he had done occasionally, no harm is
done and the spirit of the game is still maintained and kept.

Some "get it" and some don't.
You don't.

But even funnier, is your malicious witch attempt to "harm me".
;)

Whisper

May 28, 2017, 8:17:36 AM5/28/17
Agree women's is almost impossible to pick. I went with 'absolute clay
form' if they played their best, & ended up with Halep d Stosur this time.

I have very little confidence in this tip, but even less in any other
combos.

ahonkan

May 28, 2017, 8:44:14 AM5/28/17
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 17:18:26 UTC+5:30, Court_1 wrote:
> Imagine if Kvitova wins the whole thing?. A player who never did much on clay comes back after a devastating attack and surgery to repair her sliced hands and wins the slam (and her first tournament played) on her worst surface?
>
> What a story that would be. I'd love to see that.

Kerber goes out in R1. Not surprising, since she is not in good form and
Makarova, the Graf-look-alike, is a giant-killer.
Kvitova won easy. I do hope she goes far. It would indeed be a fairytale
return after major injuries to her playing hand. Will she win it all? Not
impossible in the current state of women's tennis!

Pelle Svanslös

May 28, 2017, 8:50:38 AM5/28/17
On 28.5.2017 12:15, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> Djokovic d. Cilic
> Muguruza d. Ivanka

My pick beautiful pick is censored!

TT

May 28, 2017, 8:57:36 AM5/28/17
DavidW kirjoitti 26.5.2017 klo 15:11:
> Entries must be posted before the first ball is struck in Paris on Sunday.

Ouch... Guess I'm late now...

For what it's worth my picks would have been:
Nadal d. Murray
Muguruza d. Halep (if they're on opposite sides of the draw that is)

Gracchus

May 28, 2017, 9:58:59 AM5/28/17
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 4:48:26 AM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

> Imagine if Kvitova wins the whole thing?. A player who never did much on clay comes back after a devastating attack and surgery to repair her sliced hands and wins the slam (and her first tournament played) on her worst surface?

> What a story that would be. I'd love to see that.

So would I. It's unlikely all things considered, but it would be a great story for sure.

Scott

May 28, 2017, 4:52:05 PM5/28/17
On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 10:19:56 PM UTC-4, DavidW wrote:
> On 28-May-17 11:45 AM, Scott wrote:
> >> Pliskova def Lerner
>
> > Spell check got me.
> >
> > Pliskova def Kerber
>
> Yeah, I figured it out after a while. L is next K and B is next to N on
> the keyboard.

Maybe spell check was trying to tell me something. ;

jdeluise

May 28, 2017, 5:28:38 PM5/28/17
On Sun, 28 May 2017 13:45:01 +0200, *skriptis wrote:

> You seem to have missed his picks but have a pick on my
> picks.

That's because you clearly lied the last time you posted late but due to
DavidW's unwarranted display of charity your picks were allowed to
stand. DavidW really needs to tighten up the ship and stop using that
ridiculous "Before the first ball is struck" line inherited from Hops....
just post a date/time already.

*skriptis

May 28, 2017, 6:01:03 PM5/28/17
jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Sun, 28 May 2017 13:45:01 +0200, *skriptis wrote:
>
>> You seem to have missed his picks but have a pick on my
>> picks.
>
> That's because you clearly lied the last time you posted late but due to
> DavidW's unwarranted display of charity your picks were allowed to
> stand.

And has anyone got hurt?

This is a game ffs. However, it's indicative of what's troubling
with today's societies.

Social justice warriors, mean people etc having too much influence
and degenerating everything around them.

Like I said, being couple of minutes late doesn't violate spirit
of the game if the only guys who took the court, are two clowns
whom btw no one picked in the first place.

If you don't understand the purpose of the rules, then I can't
explain it.

>DavidW really needs to tighten up the ship and stop using that
> ridiculous "Before the first ball is struck" line inherited from Hops....
> just post a date/time already.

Another dictator who wants to tell other people how to run their game.
Lame. Weak. Loser.

Davidw doesn't have to do anything, and he certainly doesn't have
to do what you tell him to do.

It's his game, and he should do as he pleases.

I've already said, I posted my picks to mock pelle who was 5
minutes late, and I was 10. I didn't say anything about my picks
nor asked to be accepted.

It's only couple of you, evil hyenas that made a fuss about it.

I certainly feel that accepting Pelle, mine and TTs picks, who was
even more late wouldn't harm the game as the purpose of it is,
let me reveal it, is fun.

The more the merrier, and since only clowns and not the players in
question took the court, and it was matter of minutes at most, I
certainly feel that there was a "room" for accepting all 3 picks
like he had done to various posters accordingly over the years.

However I have no trouble with DavidW doing what he thinks should
be done in his game. He chooser to be strict this time, I'm fine
with that. Didn't say a word to him nor would I ever say.

But he certainly was bullied over his decision last time by you
hyenas. On a subconscious level it certainly affected him and
probably was more biased this time.

That's why is it so important to crush SJW types all the time,
everywhere, so to prevent them from bullying people, like you've
done to David.

bob

May 28, 2017, 7:07:02 PM5/28/17
On Fri, 26 May 2017 22:11:58 +1000, DavidW <n...@email.provided> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>The draws are out for Hops's former contest:
>http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html
>
>Same rules, predict the winner/finalist for both men and women. Scoring
>allocation:
>
>Winner Pick is Winner 6 points
>Finalist Pick is Finalist 4 points
>Winner Pick is Finalist 3 points
>Finalist Pick is Winner 3 points
>
>Picks must be from different sides of the draw. If they are from the
>same side, only the Winner pick will be allowed.
>
>If one of your picks is in danger of pulling out of the event you can
>select an alternate pick, but the alternate is only valid if the
>original pick withdraws before their first match.
>
>All entries will be listed here:
>http://home.pacific.net.au/~davidw/tennis/contest/rst_2017sp_RG.html
>
>Entries must be posted before the first ball is struck in Paris on Sunday.

david i'm been out of town, can i still enter, they just started
today, no, and i've seen no scores...if i'm too late i understand, my
bad.

nadal > wawrinka
konta > muguruza

bob

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 9:22:13 PM5/28/17
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:07:02 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> nadal > wawrinka
> konta > muguruza

Konta the favorite on clay? She talks about how she hates the surface! You do realize she's never progressed past the first round at the FO don't you? She can get better and adapt on clay but even with this weak field I don't see how she is ready to win this FO.

bob

May 28, 2017, 9:39:05 PM5/28/17
she had bad clay results to date. but she's a rising star IMO and will
have to break out somewhere.

bob

Court_1

May 28, 2017, 9:50:56 PM5/28/17
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:39:05 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2017 18:22:10 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>
> >On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:07:02 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> >
> >> nadal > wawrinka
> >> konta > muguruza
> >

> >Konta the favorite on clay? She talks about how she hates the surface! You do realize she's never progressed past the first round at the FO don't you? She can get better and adapt on clay but even with this weak field I don't see how she is ready to win this FO.
>
> she had bad clay results to date. but she's a rising star IMO and will
> have to break out somewhere.
>
> bob

But rising stars all have affinities to certain surfaces and would be more likely to break out on a surface they are most adept on or feel most comfortable on. I picked her to win the AO this year as I feel she is more suited to hc. I just think there are better cc players than Konta in her half of the draw. It doesn't mean those better cc players won't lose early and that Konta can't benefit but I doubt it will happen. I don't think Konta has a lot of confidence on clay.

I think you're out to lunch on this one.

bob

May 28, 2017, 9:53:19 PM5/28/17
On Sun, 28 May 2017 18:50:44 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:39:05 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

>> >Konta the favorite on clay? She talks about how she hates the surface! You do realize she's never progressed past the first round at the FO don't you? She can get better and adapt on clay but even with this weak field I don't see how she is ready to win this FO.
>>
>> she had bad clay results to date. but she's a rising star IMO and will
>> have to break out somewhere.
>>
>> bob
>
>But rising stars all have affinities to certain surfaces and would be more likely to break out on a surface they are most adept on or feel most comfortable on. I picked her to win the AO this year as I feel she is more suited to hc. I just think there are better cc players than Konta in her half of the draw.

like kerber? :-)

> It doesn't mean those better cc players won't lose early and that Konta can't benefit but I doubt it will happen. I don't think Konta has a lot of confidence on clay.
>I think you're out to lunch on this one.

i forgot about the contest and researched for maybe 5 mins. but i do
recall konta struck my chord as being on the fast track upward last 6
months. and since the usual suspects didn't appear to be playing well
or are pregnant, i took a chance on an up and comer which IMO konta
is.

bob

PeteWasLucky

May 30, 2017, 12:55:02 PM5/30/17
> Who is this Zverev that everyone is picking for the final?!!!

Out in the 1st round

Scall5

May 30, 2017, 7:09:08 PM5/30/17

"PeteWasLucky" wrote in message

> Who is this Zverev that everyone is picking for the final?!!!

Out in the 1st round

How are your picks doing at Roland Garros?
Scall5