Nadal-Murray highlights + interview

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 3:18:38 PM4/16/11
Set 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjKvkjWPeA&hd=1
Set 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEALsKWskHA
Set 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9j7f-e5mE

Hotshot of the day:
http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1753956,00.html

Nadal interview:
http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1753950,00.html

Rafa says that he didn't play his best - and "I think I did better [at]
the end of the match," said Nadal. "Especially the last game, 5-1, I
played like I would love to play"

...exactly as I said after the match...

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 3:22:00 PM4/16/11

"I think I did better [at] the end of the match," said Nadal.
"Especially the last game, 5-1, I played like I would love to play,
because I changed directions, I played well with the forehand, longer,
closer to the lines. That's what I have to do if I want to have chances
tomorrow and during the rest of the clay-court season. If not, for sure
I am competitive, I can win, but will have a lot of very tough matches."

Murray commented, "I thought it was a good match. I would have liked to
have done better. I think I can play better. Obviously it's good to know
you're able to play at a similar level to what he does on the clay. To
win against him, you need to be able to do that for three and a half
hours, four hours. He's the best player in the world for a reason.

“It's good to be close to him, but I want to try to play better than
that. I'll need to, if I want to beat him, because he's going to improve
the next few weeks for sure the more he plays on clay."

Pelle Svanslös

Apr 16, 2011, 3:33:38 PM4/16/11

To be fair, Andy was out of it at that point. It's easier to play like
you want to play then. The second set wasn't quite as smooth sailing.

Sakari Lund

Apr 16, 2011, 3:38:07 PM4/16/11
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:33:38 +0200, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
wrote:

Good that you see that too. I think it is almost comical to say "I
played a great game when I was 5-1 up in the 3rd".

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 3:50:15 PM4/16/11

But that's not what he said. He said that he played in that game the way
he wants to.

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 3:56:57 PM4/16/11

Imo nobody can challenge Nadal when he plays like he did in the last
game...He will dictate and force the play. But yes Murray played great
the 2nd set...all credit to him.

I just think Rafa was playing good but not being as extraordinary as he
often is on clay.

Vari L. Cinicke

Apr 16, 2011, 6:03:36 PM4/16/11

It helps to be fitter and faster than your opponent so you can finally
shine as the match is heading close to the 3 hour mark.

RzR

Apr 16, 2011, 6:06:16 PM4/16/11
On 16.4.2011. 21:50, TT wrote:

> But that's not what he said. He said that he played in that game the way
> he wants to.

you are an idiot

wkhedr

Apr 16, 2011, 6:11:31 PM4/16/11
> often is on clay.- Hide quoted text -

You and Nadal seem to be out of reality. So why didn't Nadal play the
entire match the same way he played the last game of the match? Any
ideas?

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 7:35:55 PM4/16/11

He was nervous. Lots of pressure and expectation going for 7th in a row,
and Mirray's mindgames. Also I think Murray's form and play came as a
surprise.

My answer, nerves. Last game he was relaxed and loose as a goose. Rafa
did play well 1st and 3rd sets though, but not extra-terrestrial/ordinary.

Superdave

Apr 16, 2011, 7:51:04 PM4/16/11

How to play a cockaroach with a stinkfinger who cheats?

GOYLE

Apr 16, 2011, 8:11:10 PM4/16/11
On Apr 16, 6:35 pm, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:
> 17.4.2011 1:11, wkhedr kirjoitti:
>

> > On Apr 16, 3:56 pm, TT<as...@usenet.org>  wrote:
> did play well 1st and 3rd sets though, but not extra-terrestrial/ordinary.- Hide quoted text -

He played a great match, congrats goes out to Nadal.

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 8:16:12 PM4/16/11

Yes, it's greater achievement to turn an even match than to straight set
someone when on top of your game.

Court_1

Apr 16, 2011, 8:19:42 PM4/16/11
> someone when on top of your game.- Hide quoted text -

But you knew that Murray was eventually going to give it up. That is
standard for Murray. I was actually thinking in the second set that he
may win the match, but then the reasonable part of my brain kicked in
and I knew Murray would screw it up.

TT

Apr 16, 2011, 8:24:43 PM4/16/11

I felt rather relaxed when 3rd set began, I was trusting Rafa's ability
in decider. But have to admit that I was very nervous in 1st and 2nd
sets, Rafa wasn't dominating and forcing the play and I thought he
looked nervous whole time but not so much in 3rd set. In 3rd he looked
more like determined.