Impossible - Nadal through in straights

The Iceberg

Jun 30, 2015, 11:37:14 AM6/30/15
What a miracle, John Liang and Gracchus told everyone this was absolutely impossible!

acebh...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2015, 1:13:24 PM6/30/15
That Kashmiri Pandit looking motherfucker should be no problem for Rafa

Ulysses

Jun 30, 2015, 1:23:36 PM6/30/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:13:24 AM UTC-7, acebh...@gmail.com wrote:
> That Kashmiri Pandit looking motherfucker should be no problem for Rafa

Nadal will easily make it the quarters... look at his cupcake draw. Murray will beat him then, but I think Nadal will get a set. McEnroe gave Rafa a grade of B for today's first round. He said his ROS needs to improve and he's still misfiring with his FH. Mac also said Nadal is practicing his serve on the outer courts and he saw him cranking some 125+ MPH serves, though he admitted most of them were missing.

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 2:45:44 PM6/30/15
Did you also hear McEnroe say that he thinks Nadal is not done winning slams?

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 2:57:48 PM6/30/15
McEnroe also said the thinks Kyrgios and Zverev will be slam winners out of the current youngsters.

Gracchus

Jun 30, 2015, 3:08:55 PM6/30/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 8:37:14 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:
> What a miracle, John Liang and Gracchus told everyone this was absolutely impossible!

Has he fallen so far that you're ecstatic when he defeats some stooge in the first round of Wimbledon? I'm sure that both Nadal and Federer were glad to get through quickly today, but let's try to keep the event in perspective. R1 is R1.

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 3:20:12 PM6/30/15
Nadal and Federer have sickeningly easy draws up until the QF. If they can't get to the QF stage with those draws they both need to retire.

grif

Jun 30, 2015, 3:41:47 PM6/30/15
I heard his comment about Kyrgios, but not about Zverev. Did he say anything else about Zverev's game ? I've heard people talking him up and know he beat Nole last week, but haven't seen too much of him. He's a bit tall at 6'6".

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 3:45:58 PM6/30/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:41:47 PM UTC-4, grif wrote:

> I heard his comment about Kyrgios, but not about Zverev. Did he say anything else about Zverev's game ? I've heard people talking him up and know he beat Nole last week, but haven't seen too much of him. He's a bit tall at 6'6".

All I heard him say was that he thinks Zverev will be a slam winner. I don't know if he said anything more specific after that.

Ulysses

Jun 30, 2015, 9:13:38 PM6/30/15
I agree. Courty, do you think Rafa has a chance against Muzzette? I thought he was playing solidly today, though his UE's on the FH side are still very noticeable.

I also hate Fed's shirt. No collar makes him look cheap out there!

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 9:50:45 PM6/30/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 9:13:38 PM UTC-4, Ulysses wrote:

> I agree. Courty, do you think Rafa has a chance against Muzzette?

I have no idea. I watched Nadal for about five minutes today which is not enough to get a feel for where his game is at. I think Thomaz Bellucci is cute and have always thought so. He looks like the Karate Kid. If he was more famous he would be super popular.

> I also hate Fed's shirt. No collar makes him look cheap out there!

I didn't see any of the Federer match and did not see what Federer was wearing.

Ulysses

Jun 30, 2015, 10:00:14 PM6/30/15
Yeah, Bellucci has great hair and is cute. Check out the nudie pics of Mr. Pockmark I just posted. I never thought I would even remotely think Stanimal was "attractive."

Court_1

Jun 30, 2015, 11:10:44 PM6/30/15
Negative on Mr. Pockmark. I don't find him physically attractive at all. His tennis when on is another story.

Bellucci is a doll IMO. :)

acebh...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 11:12:40 AM7/1/15
Get a room ladies ~

undecided

Jul 1, 2015, 11:27:33 AM7/1/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:37:14 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> What a miracle, John Liang and Gracchus told everyone this was absolutely impossible!

Unless he fixes the FH and also start coming to net, he's not getting past Murray. Way too many easy forehands dumped into net. And he DTL and inside out FH were hit conservatively, not near the lines like he used to. With Murray he will have to go for more, closer to the lines and he will miss even more.

ahonkan

Jul 2, 2015, 4:32:39 PM7/2/15
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 15:20:12 UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

> Nadal and Federer have sickeningly easy draws up until the QF. If they can't get to the QF stage with those draws they both need to retire.

So, after the Dustin Brown beatdown, will you still say the same?
Isn't Rafa going to win at least 17 and go past Fed? That's what you've
been saying all along ...

Fed's draw features Monfils & Berdych, both of whom have beaten a
younger Fed at slams incl Wimby. And Whisper of course calls Rafa's
draw the toughest-ever in the history of tennis!

Thomas R. Kettler

Jul 2, 2015, 5:43:21 PM7/2/15
In article <870c4144-694e-4d40...@googlegroups.com>,
Of course it was quite tough. If the Nadullard had an easy draw, he
wouldn't have lost in the second round.

It's just another "Two and thru" for Nadal.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

RaspingDrive

Jul 2, 2015, 5:58:34 PM7/2/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:37:14 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> What a miracle, John Liang and Gracchus told everyone this was absolutely impossible!

Celebration time Icy? Your Andy need not face Rafa now!

John Liang

Jul 2, 2015, 11:28:33 PM7/2/15
Courty will continue to say that Nadal is within sniffing distance of 17 grand slam wins, there is no way that she will write him off after this year. But deep down it can not be more clearer that there is no way Nadal is going to win 17, even 15 or 16 will be very difficult.

Whisper

Jul 2, 2015, 11:33:55 PM7/2/15
On 3/07/2015 1:28 PM, John Liang wrote:
> Courty will continue to say that Nadal is within sniffing distance of 17 grand slam wins, there is no way that she will write him off after this year. But deep down it can not be more clearer that there is no way Nadal is going to win 17, even 15 or 16 will be very difficult.

Maybe. Then again he could win next 3 slams.

Guypers

Jul 2, 2015, 11:43:37 PM7/2/15
Not likely, interesting, Nadal got beat by a player who played mostly serve and volley!

Gracchus

Jul 2, 2015, 11:57:39 PM7/2/15
And maybe Zip drives will be back in style next year.

Court_1

Jul 3, 2015, 12:09:09 AM7/3/15
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 11:28:33 PM UTC-4, John Liang wrote:

> Courty will continue to say that Nadal is within sniffing distance of 17 grand slam wins, there is no way that she will write him off after this year. But deep down it can not be more clearer that there is no way Nadal is going to win 17, even 15 or 16 will be very difficult.

I think it is dangerous to write him off. If he goes this whole year without any important wins and all of next year without a slam then I will say he is done.

You have to be careful about writing these greats off because they are not like 99.9% of the population.

He seems mentally fried to me more than anything else and that is adding to the problems with his game such as his MIA forehand. He can't be competitive without that forehand. His fh and movement are what separates him from everybody else.

He needs to go have a break and chillax and probably get a fresh perspective from a new voice in his team.

If he is mentally burnt out, he is finished but if he still has the motivation, he can make some sort of comeback.

We are all going to find out soon enough. Give it another 8 months to a year.

John Liang

Jul 3, 2015, 1:23:02 AM7/3/15
I would not wait that long, I will say if he miss out on next year's FO he is finished. This is 4th year running that he lost early at Wimbledon and he is not going to win Wimbledon for the rest of his career. Find his feet on his home court on clay is the only way he can get his career back on track.

kaennorsing

Jul 3, 2015, 2:51:15 AM7/3/15
Op vrijdag 3 juli 2015 05:43:37 UTC+2 schreef Guypers:
Sampras would have had a field day with Rafa at Wimbledon. Best possible match-up for him.

Whisper

Jul 3, 2015, 3:44:14 AM7/3/15
Yes, Pete even said he smacked his lips watching Rafa play all those
Wimbledon finals. Rafa certainly offers up plenty of opportunities for
the big hitters.

Thomas R. Kettler

Jul 3, 2015, 4:33:37 AM7/3/15
In article <516e86bb-da98-4f05...@googlegroups.com>,
Get real. They're just a fad.

However, everyone will start using CB radios again. Just watch!

John Liang

Jul 3, 2015, 8:13:06 AM7/3/15
The current one yes.

John Liang

Jul 3, 2015, 8:14:21 AM7/3/15
Do you believe it 1 ? Why don't you trust your instinct put a house on Nadal winning next 3 slams ?

SliceAndDice

Jul 3, 2015, 8:15:31 AM7/3/15
I shudder to think what would happen to him in Melbourne and especially Paris, though.

Whisper

Jul 3, 2015, 8:16:57 AM7/3/15
You can do likewise on him not doing it? The odds would be better for
you no?

Fednatic

Jul 4, 2015, 11:06:52 AM7/4/15
all REAL Fed fans watch ALL Feds matches ALL the time!

Fednatic

Jul 4, 2015, 11:09:19 AM7/4/15
maybe if they are NSA resistant ?

Gracchus

Jul 4, 2015, 11:10:29 AM7/4/15
On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 8:06:52 AM UTC-7, Fednatic wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:50:44 -0700 (PDT), Court_1

> >I didn't see any of the Federer match and did not see what Federer was wearing.

> all REAL Fed fans watch ALL Feds matches ALL the time!

Court 1 bashes the Great Man every chance she gets.