Last 16 - Sets & Games won/lost

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 9, 2017, 3:52:07 AM7/9/17
Men

Sets
lost
====
0 Nadal, Čilić, A Zverev, Dimitrov, Federer, Djokovic
1 Murray [Fognini], Paire [Dutra Silva], Anderson [Verdasco],
Raonic [Youzhny], Thiem [Simon]
2 Muller [Rosol], B Agut [Gojowczyk, Nishikori], Berdych
[Chardy, Harrison]
3 Querrey [Basilashvili, Tsonga (2)]
5 Mannarino [López, Sugita (2), Monfils (2)]

Most have won 9 sets, but Mannarino (8), Dimitrov (7), Federer (7),
Djokovic (7). Incomplete sets played by Dimitrov (Sela, R3),
Federer (Dolgopolov, R1), Mannarino (López, R1), Djokovic (Kližan, R1).

Games lost (won) Seed
========== ===== ====
18 Dimitrov (49) [13]
19 Djokovic (45) [2]
28 Murray (59) [1]
28 Nadal (56) [4]
28 Federer (47) [3]
33 A Zverev (55) [10]
37 Bautista Agut (61) [18]
38 Čilić (57) [7]
39 Thiem (60) [8]
42 Paire (60) -
46 Berdych (64) [11]
49 Anderson (61) -
51 Raonic (63) [6]
54 Querrey (66) [24]
54 Muller (71) [16]
58 Mannarino (77) -

Women

Sets
====
0 Muguruza, Kuznetsova, Wandeweghe, Svitolina, Garcia, Halep
1 Kerber [Rogers], Rybáriková [Ka Pliskova], Martić [Gavrilova],
Williams [Wang], Konta [Vekić]
2 Radwańska [McHale, Bacsinszky], Wozniaki [Babos, Kontaveit],
Konjuh [Begu, Cibulková], Ostapenko [Sasnovich, Abanda],
Azarenka [Bellis, Watson]

All 16 have won six sets so far.

Games won Seed
===== ==== ====
14 Kuznetsova (37) [7]
16 Muguruza (36) [14]
16 Garcia (36) [21]
19 Wandeweghe (37) [24]
20 Svitolina (39) [4]
21 Rybáriková (40) [PR]
23 Halep (38) [2]
26 Azarenka (42) [PR]
29 Konta (45) [6]
30 Martić (43) [Q]
31 Williams (42) [10]
32 Wozniaki (44) [5]
33 Radwańska (46) [9]
34 Kerber (43) [1]
34 Ostapenko (44) [13]
36 Konjuh (43) [27]

---

TT

Jul 9, 2017, 7:27:59 AM7/9/17
Nice. Next time games win%? ...Is better.

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 9, 2017, 10:28:18 AM7/9/17
On 09/07/2017 12:28, TT wrote:

> Nice. Next time games win%? ...Is better.

W/L Tot %age
======================================
G Dimitrov 49/18 67 73.1%
N Djokovic 45/19 64 70.3%
A Murray 59/28 87 67.8%
R Nadal 56/28 84 66.6%
R Federer 47/28 75 62.7%
A Zverev 55/33 88 62.5%
R Bautista Agut 61/37 98 62.2%
D Thiem 60/39 99 60.6%
M Čilić 57/38 95 60.0%

B Paire 60/42 102 58.8%
T Berdych 64/46 110 58.2%
A Mannarino 77/58 135 57.0%
G Muller 71/54 125 56.8%
K Anderson 61/49 110 55.4%
M Raonic 63/51 114 55.3%
S Querrey 66/54 120 55.0%

W/L Tot %age
======================================
S Kuznetsova 37/14 51 72.5%

G Muguruza 36/16 52 69.2%
C Garcia 36/16 52 69.2%
E Svitolina 39/20 59 66.1%
C Wandeweghe 37/19 56 66.1%
M Rybáriková 40/21 61 65.6%
S Halep 38/23 61 62.3%
V Azarenka 42/26 68 61.8%
J Konta 45/29 74 60.8%

P Martić 43/30 73 58.9%
A Radwańska 46/33 79 58.2%
C Wozniacki 44/32 76 57.9%
V Williams 42/31 73 57.5%
J Ostapenko 44/34 78 56.4%
A Kerber 43/34 77 55.8%
A Konjuh 43/36 79 54.4%

TT

Jul 9, 2017, 5:57:04 PM7/9/17
Thank you. Nice formatting, too.

kaennorsing

Jul 9, 2017, 7:25:00 PM7/9/17
Op zondag 9 juli 2017 16:28:18 UTC+2 schreef Brian W Lawrence:
Well done, thanks. What's interesting is the exact reverse order of the big four, as far as pre-tournament title favorites.

And who would have guessed Dimitrov would have the most efficient first week? Looks like Fed will have his hands full tomorrow!

Carey

Jul 9, 2017, 7:31:58 PM7/9/17
On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 4:25:00 PM UTC-7, kaennorsing wrote:

>Looks like Fed will have his hands full tomorrow!

Yes, I'm thinking so, too. Go Fed!

jdeluise

Jul 9, 2017, 10:08:23 PM7/9/17
Yes although at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Fed blows him
out of the water... Dimitrov is not a mentally strong player and I
suspect he'll probably beat himself, maybe he'll even retire! :)

arahim

Jul 10, 2017, 3:48:55 PM7/10/17
On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 12:52:07 AM UTC-7, Brian W Lawrence wrote:
> Men
>
> Sets
> lost
> ====
> 0 Nadal, Čilić, A Zverev, Dimitrov, Federer, Djokovic

One of Federer and Dimitrov was going to lose but another two of these fell with Djokovic yet to play.

With Nadal gone Cilic moves into single figures and Murray starts to catchup with Djokovic

Roger Federer 2.37
Novak Djokovic 4.0
Andy Murray 4.5
Marin Cilic 7.0

kaennorsing

Jul 10, 2017, 5:32:30 PM7/10/17
Op maandag 10 juli 2017 04:08:23 UTC+2 schreef jdeluise:
Close enough. Fed didn't really blow him out of the water perhaps, but certainly outclassed him. Dimitrov let himself down again on the big points, although Fed was very solid today and did a great job neutralizing a lot of Dimi's serves. Grigor's shot-selection under pressure is still quite poor (in contrast to Federer). His shotmaking otoh was impressive though. More so than Fed's, who looks to have another gear in store for the coming week.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 10, 2017, 6:01:52 PM7/10/17
> More so than Fed's, who looks to have another gear in store for the coming week.

I think he is ready to battle the remaining matches out.

John Liang

Jul 10, 2017, 10:20:09 PM7/10/17
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 8:01:52 AM UTC+10, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > More so than Fed's, who looks to have another gear in store for the coming week.
>
> I think he is ready to battle the remaining matches out.

It was an very impressive performance from Fed, he was certainly well aware of the danger Dimitrov can present and did not give him much of a chance from the word go. Fed probably move up 3 notches compare to the previous round and hope he can keep up at this level in the next few rounds. Dimitrov had pretty impressive first 8 games but then the game was essentially over.

ahonkan

Jul 10, 2017, 11:09:43 PM7/10/17
On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 07:50:09 UTC+5:30, John Liang wrote:

> It was an very impressive performance from Fed, he was certainly well aware of the danger Dimitrov can present and did not give him much of a chance from the word go. Fed probably move up 3 notches compare to the previous round and hope he can keep up at this level in the next few rounds. Dimitrov had pretty impressive first 8 games but then the game was essentially over.

Only 3 guys haven't lost a set yet, incl Djoker who hasn't played his R4
match. Cilic is red hot and should beat the tired Muller handily. Murray
peaking at the right time and should beat Querrey. Murray-Cilic should be
interesting. Djoker gaining in confidence too.
I think Fed can handle Raonic and set up a semi with Djoker as Djoker
should get past Berdych. All 3 (Fed, Murray, Djoker) peaking on time.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 11, 2017, 1:34:36 AM7/11/17
I agree. Fed looking like his first week flutters are being channelled into all out Fed-Fight. He wants that 8th Wimbledon and the distinction that goes with it. I also thought his level has clearly lifted from 1st week. And he's saved a lot of energy for the last 3 potential contests. And Nole has to go back to back, making the effort Mannorini gives unexpectedly important.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 11, 2017, 1:36:56 AM7/11/17
Mannarino :)

Jesper Lauridsen

Jul 11, 2017, 4:15:59 AM7/11/17
On Monday, 10 July 2017 21:48:55 UTC+2, arahim wrote:

> Roger Federer 2.37
> Novak Djokovic 4.0
> Andy Murray 4.5
> Marin Cilic 7.0

Good value in Murray here. He has a free run to the final, while Fed
and Djokovic has to face each other plus Djokovic isn't even in the
quarters yet and has to play two days straight.

kaennorsing

Jul 11, 2017, 5:55:02 AM7/11/17
Op dinsdag 11 juli 2017 10:15:59 UTC+2 schreef Jesper Lauridsen:
True. Perhaps Murray's 'injury' playing a part. Bettors believing either Fed or Djoker will make him pay for not being fully fit.

The Iceberg

Jul 11, 2017, 6:17:27 AM7/11/17
first round flutters? what flutters? you mean where he strolled through his first round matches last week without any worries whatsoever? what planet are you guys living on, do you actually watch what's going on?

The Iceberg

Jul 11, 2017, 6:19:28 AM7/11/17
yeah I expect Fed was well aware of the dangers of Dimitrov, Fed prob had him right up there on his scale of "dangers" as right next to a pic of a lovely soft fluffy kitten.