WTA comedy

Joe Ramirez

Apr 3, 2010, 4:21:21 PM4/3/10
The following is from the AP's story on Clijsters' win over Venus
today:

"Williams repeatedly was bested from the baseline, where she won nine
points to 37 for Clijsters.

"'It wasn't my best day,' Williams said. 'She played extremely solid,
but it's not like I was blown off the court. Unfortunately I was my
own worst enemy.'

"She won only nine points in the second set, when Clijsters' roll [17
consecutive points] gave her a 4-love lead."

Sao Paulo Swallow

Apr 3, 2010, 4:22:44 PM4/3/10

I don't know what 'blown off the court' is if it isn't that match.

Administrator

Apr 3, 2010, 4:23:35 PM4/3/10

Tennis world in shock as Venus fails to give any credit to opponent.
Jaros will be along soon to say "well what venus said was right".

greg...@hotmail.com

Apr 3, 2010, 6:13:33 PM4/3/10

Looks like it's better not to practice too much - perhaps Williams
should adopt a more half-arsed training regime?

Williams said: "I think sometimes you have to be careful with
practice, not to practice too long. I may have made a mistake with
that a little bit. I know better, but 'Eager V' kind of burst through.

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 3, 2010, 6:21:30 PM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 1:21 pm, Joe Ramirez <josephmrami...@netzero.com> wrote:

++ "Earth to Venus... Earth to Venus... COME IN VENUS!!"

Manco

Apr 3, 2010, 7:21:46 PM4/3/10
On Apr 3, 1:23 pm, Administrator <administra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tennis world in shock as Venus fails to give any credit to opponent.
> Jaros will be along soon to say "well what venus said was right".

I'm sure Kim will take a few more of these "non-beatdowns", thank you
very much. She's fast approaching 40 career titles!

Gracchus

Apr 4, 2010, 1:21:45 AM4/4/10
On Apr 4, 3:22 am, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I don't know what 'blown off the court' is if it isn't that match.

It is too bad that no journalist has ever had the guts to confront
either sister about this stuff. I thought that Venus at least had
outgrown her classless upbringing, but she proved otherwise this week.

Physically mocking a defeated opponent, then blaming your own bad play
for a loss when the whole world saw impeccable performance from the
other player?

The sisters are nauseating. It will be nice when they finally both
retire.

sele...@webtv.net

Apr 4, 2010, 6:17:52 PM4/4/10

Venus & Serena live in their own little world when it comes to this
stuff. it is amazing how everybody in the media are chicken shit to
confront the sisters about their poor sportsmanship. its a outrage that
Serena received a award this year for good sportsmanship. she hasn't
even paid her US open fine yet. this cunt is trying to raise the money
on her website from her fans. so she expects her fans to cover the US
open fine for her bad behavior. she calls it her 92k cause. she is so
classless!

Calimero

Apr 4, 2010, 6:37:57 PM4/4/10
On 5 Apr., 00:17, seles-...@webtv.net wrote:
> Venus & Serena live in their own little  world when it comes to this
> stuff. it is amazing how everybody in the media are chicken shit to
> confront the sisters about their poor sportsmanship. ...

The media I read and watch do say how it is with the sisters.
Maybe it's different in the US?

Max

bob

Apr 4, 2010, 9:40:58 PM4/4/10
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 15:37:57 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
wrote:

nobody touches the sisters in the local paper palm beach post.

at the gates to serena'a residential complex, they had a big banner
after USO saying "welcome home serena, we are proud of you."

bob

Gracchus

Apr 4, 2010, 9:53:21 PM4/4/10
On Apr 5, 5:37 am, Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de> wrote:

> The media I read and watch do say how it is with the sisters.
> Maybe it's different in the US?

Very different. Journalists and broadcasters in the U.S. media are
scared to death of criticizing the sisters lest the critic be accused
of racism and be put on the defensive for the rest of their career. It
is easier to accept abhorrent behavior from the Williams clan as
atonement for slavery, I suppose.

When the sisters were rising to prominence, Martina N. held a news
conferance and directly addressed the actions and words of both
sisters and Richard Williams. It got very little coverage, and she is
the only person I recall even tackling it head-on. Maybe since Martina
wasn't born in the U.S., she doesn't have to bear our "white guilt."

Gracchus

Apr 4, 2010, 9:56:57 PM4/4/10
On Apr 5, 5:17 am, seles-...@webtv.net wrote:

> she expects her fans to cover the US
> open fine for her bad behavior. she calls it her 92k cause.

Sounds like an Imelda Marcos "Buy me new shoes" cause. I had my car
towed a couple of years ago and had to pay $125 to get it back. When
Serena covers that loss for me, I'll help her out with the U.S. Open
fine.

Calimero

Apr 5, 2010, 1:23:24 AM4/5/10
On 5 Apr., 03:40, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 15:37:57 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de>

Well, it's the ghetto, what do you expect?

Max

Superdave

Apr 5, 2010, 1:52:34 AM4/5/10

i used to like that paper when i lived in boca. i also liked the sun sentinel.

Gracchus

Apr 5, 2010, 8:09:29 AM4/5/10
On Apr 5, 12:52 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i used to like that paper when i lived in boca. i also liked the sun sentinel.

Charles Bricker's tennis column was good, but the Sun-Sentinel's movie
reviewers were the worst.

Administrator

Apr 5, 2010, 8:17:04 AM4/5/10
On 05/04/10 02:40, bob wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 15:37:57 -0700 (PDT), Calimero<calim...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5 Apr., 00:17, seles-...@webtv.net wrote:
>>> Venus& Serena live in their own little world when it comes to this

>>> stuff. it is amazing how everybody in the media are chicken shit to
>>> confront the sisters about their poor sportsmanship. ...
>>

>> The media I read and watch do say how it is with the sisters.
>> Maybe it's different in the US?
>
> nobody touches the sisters in the local paper palm beach post.
>
> at the gates to serena'a residential complex, they had a big banner
> after USO saying "welcome home serena, we are proud of you."

Her dad probably put that there.

Superdave

Apr 5, 2010, 8:27:27 AM4/5/10
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:09:29 -0700 (PDT), Gracchus <cernu...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

yeah. i agree with you on that one too.

bob

Apr 5, 2010, 5:06:04 PM4/5/10

i read it when i'm home. now and again. very williams biased. but
dolphins biased too, good with the bad.

bob

bob

Apr 5, 2010, 5:07:50 PM4/5/10
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:23:24 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>On 5 Apr., 03:40, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:

oprah looking at property and the williams already livin there.
gotta watch those property values, eh max? lmao.

bob

bob

Apr 5, 2010, 5:08:18 PM4/5/10

is he allowed on the grounds?

bob

Sakari Lund

Apr 5, 2010, 5:15:49 PM4/5/10

She is right. She was not blown off the court by any means. She played
incredibly badly.

The WTA Comedy is that Kim wins Miami, and she didn't have to play at
all well, at leat in the matches I saw (SF and F). In the SF she
played crap. In the F she didn't have to anything as Venus
self-destroyed. Usually one or two shots safely on court was enough.
Venus hit the next ball in the net or in the stands. Most you can say
is that a couple of times when a little better shot was needed, Kim
did that.

It is embarassing to the other players how easily Kim won this title.
This is rather crazy to say so soon after her comeback, but I'd like
to see her tested so that she would have to play well.

Gracchus

Apr 5, 2010, 9:32:21 PM4/5/10
On Apr 6, 4:15 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

> She is right. She was not blown off the court by any means. She played
> incredibly badly.
>
> The WTA Comedy is that Kim wins Miami, and she didn't have to play at
> all well, at leat in the matches I saw (SF and F). In the SF she
> played crap. In the F she didn't have to anything as Venus
> self-destroyed.

Sounds an awful lot like "All she had to do was show up."