Vamos!

Sakari Lund

Oct 2, 2010, 6:32:51 AM10/2/10

Garcia-Lopez beats Nadal! Jarkko has a great chance to win the title
after all. I saw the last set and a half, Garcia-Lopez played great,
but there is a good chance he won't play that well tomorrow.

TT

Oct 2, 2010, 6:44:24 AM10/2/10

GL will be spent tomorrow, may beat Jarkko still.

Breakpoints won:

Nadal - 2/26
Garcia-Lopez - 1/1

Ouch. GL served great on breakpoints in 2nd set, saving 16/16...and then
went on to win tb. Rafa didn't play well in 3rd, clearly 2nd set
affected his play.

Anyway, Rafa's serve seems to have improved for good, which is bad news
for rest of the field.

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

tuan

Oct 2, 2010, 6:45:33 AM10/2/10

Perhaps Nadal thought he's done enough to earn his 1.5 million! :) Since
when has a No.1 lost to a no., er, 53?

I watched the tiebreak onwards. Garcia-Lopez played very well, but
probably because Nadal let him. The French commentators were taliking at
length about Nadal's hair (or lack of it). Why all this attention?

TT

Oct 2, 2010, 6:46:32 AM10/2/10
TT wrote:
> Sakari Lund wrote:
>> Garcia-Lopez beats Nadal! Jarkko has a great chance to win the title
>> after all. I saw the last set and a half, Garcia-Lopez played great,
>> but there is a good chance he won't play that well tomorrow.
>
> GL will be spent tomorrow, may beat Jarkko still.
>
> Breakpoints won:
>
> Nadal - 2/26
> Garcia-Lopez - 1/1
>
> Ouch. GL served great on breakpoints in 2nd set, saving 16/16...and then
> went on to win tb. Rafa didn't play well in 3rd, clearly 2nd set
> affected his play.
>
> Anyway, Rafa's serve seems to have improved for good, which is bad news
> for rest of the field.

p.s. Nadal faced one breakpoint in this tournament. lol.

TT

Oct 2, 2010, 6:51:25 AM10/2/10

Wouldn't be the first time french make such accusations, they're all
class, just like you and wkhedr.

tuan

Oct 2, 2010, 7:05:46 AM10/2/10
TT wrote:

> tuan wrote:
>
>> Sakari Lund wrote:
>>
>>> Garcia-Lopez beats Nadal! Jarkko has a great chance to win the title
>>> after all. I saw the last set and a half, Garcia-Lopez played great,
>>> but there is a good chance he won't play that well tomorrow.
>>

>> Perhaps Nadal thought he's done enough to earn his 1.5 million! :)
>> Since when has a No.1 lost to a no., er, 53?
>>
>> I watched the tiebreak onwards. Garcia-Lopez played very well, but
>> probably because Nadal let him. The French commentators were taliking
>> at length about Nadal's hair (or lack of it). Why all this attention?
>

> Wouldn't be the first time french make such accusations, they're all
> class, just like you and wkhedr.

It wasn't just accusations, I saw it with my own eyes. Unusual for a 24
year old.

TT

Oct 2, 2010, 8:18:38 AM10/2/10

There you go again. I had a friend who lost his hair at 18...and his
name was not Ljubicic or Davydenko.

felangey

Oct 2, 2010, 8:25:22 AM10/2/10
>Why all this attention?<

Post match he decided to go all Agassi on it!

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9700000/Rafa-bald-rafael-nadal-9781405-300-400.jpg

RzR

Oct 2, 2010, 11:45:59 AM10/2/10
On 2.10.2010 14:18, TT wrote:
> tuan wrote:
>> TT wrote:

>>> Wouldn't be the first time french make such accusations, they're all
>>> class, just like you and wkhedr.
>>
>> It wasn't just accusations, I saw it with my own eyes. Unusual for a
>> 24 year old.
>
> There you go again. I had a friend who lost his hair at 18...and his
> name was not Ljubicic or Davydenko.

wow...imaginary people can lose hair too?

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 2, 2010, 8:17:30 PM10/2/10

Am TOTALLY going for Jarkko tomorrow... such a dedicated old school
professional who gives it all when he plays, be it a good outing form
wise or a poor one... really hoping that he can step up and play his
best tennis... Jarkko does tend to play some really good tennis in the
fall though... or has over the last 5 years or so...

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 2, 2010, 8:18:20 PM10/2/10
On Oct 2, 3:32 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

... And not a good result for Rafa... that's a match he should be
winning at his age and on this kind of run he's had in 2010...
especially after a rest period...

Sao Paulo Swallow

Oct 2, 2010, 9:41:44 PM10/2/10
On Oct 2, 3:32 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

Go Jarkko! I'll be rooting for him.

Luke Tang

Oct 3, 2010, 12:41:42 AM10/3/10
On Oct 2, 3:32 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

Looks like Rafa tanked it, but only to his countryman as always...

PeteWasLucky

Oct 3, 2010, 1:38:50 AM10/3/10
> -Sarah Good, 1692- Hide quoted text -

His serve must have improved then being out.

Fan

Oct 3, 2010, 2:20:43 AM10/3/10
On Oct 2, 12:51 pm, TT <d...@email.me> wrote:
> tuan wrote:
> > Sakari Lund wrote:
> >> Garcia-Lopez beats Nadal! Jarkko has a great chance to win the title
> >> after all. I saw the last set and a half, Garcia-Lopez played great,
> >> but there is a good chance he won't play that well tomorrow.
>
> > Perhaps Nadal thought he's done enough to earn his 1.5 million! :) Since
> > when has a No.1 lost to a no., er, 53?
>
> > I watched the tiebreak onwards. Garcia-Lopez played very well, but
> > probably because Nadal let him. The French commentators were taliking at
> > length about Nadal's hair (or lack of it). Why all this attention?
>
> Wouldn't be the first time french make such accusations, they're all
> class, just like you and wkhedr.

Oh, that french class :-)

tuan

Oct 3, 2010, 4:21:50 AM10/3/10
Patrick Kehoe wrote:

Maybe because Toni wasn't there? :)

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 3, 2010, 8:40:45 AM10/3/10

Guess he didn't know where to serve on the break point? ;)

--
Cheers,

vc

Superdave

Oct 3, 2010, 8:49:46 AM10/3/10

Or where his arse was to pick it the fucking dummy.

TT

Oct 3, 2010, 9:49:27 AM10/3/10

Yet some posters here have been claiming opposite, that his countrymen
tank against him. Make up your mind already.

Sakari Lund

Oct 3, 2010, 10:25:00 AM10/3/10
On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 16:49:27 +0300, TT <do...@email.me> wrote:

>Luke Tang wrote:
>> On Oct 2, 3:32 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>>> Garcia-Lopez beats Nadal! Jarkko has a great chance to win the title
>>> after all. I saw the last set and a half, Garcia-Lopez played great,
>>> but there is a good chance he won't play that well tomorrow.
>>
>> Looks like Rafa tanked it, but only to his countryman as always...
>
>Yet some posters here have been claiming opposite, that his countrymen
>tank against him. Make up your mind already.

People can have different opinions, no? If some posters claim
something, someone else can claim the opposite. It is not about
"making up your mind".

The actual claim is something that is hard to agree with, especially
that "as always" part. You can't claim that he always tanks against
his countrymen...