16 Things You Must Believe to Buy the 'Witch Hunt' Russia Narrative

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 14, 2017, 3:14:04 PM7/14/17
"16 Things You Must Believe to Buy the ‘Witch Hunt’ Russia Narrative

One column cannot accommodate the list of things you must believe if you trust that Donald Trump is truly the victim of a baseless witch hunt. Consider this a mere stab.

That Donald Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner did nothing wrong by meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian offering dirt on Clinton. The emails requesting the meeting specifically mentioned a “Russian government attorney” and added that the requested meeting concerned “very high level and sensitive information” that “is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.” That doesn’t prove a willingness to collude.

That concern about Paul Manafort’s extensive links with Putin’s former puppet in Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, including at least $12.7 million in payments, is, to quote Manafort’s words, “silly and nonsensical.”

That Jared Kushner’s attempt, during the transition, to secure a back channel with the Russian government using their secure communications equipment in the Russian embassy was not alarming/inexplicable.

That Donald Trump’s stubborn refusal ever to breathe a critical word about Vladimir Putin, even as he has freely criticized U.S. allies, or acknowledge Russian meddling in our election, is not strange.

That Michael Flynn’s firing after less than a month on the job was really just because he had misled Mike Pence.

That Donald Trump’s pressure on Comey to go soft on Flynn was purely a measure of loyalty/friendship from a person who has rarely shown those traits before.

That James Comey’s firing, at least according to evolving White House accounts, was due to his mishandling of the Hillary file, no wait, due to poor management of the FBI, which was suffering from low morale, um, no because of two factual errors Comey made in congressional testimony. Finally, that it was over the “Russia thing” but this only shows that Trump was an innocent man frustrated by Comey’s unwillingness to clear him publicly.

That it was irrelevant that Trump told the Russian ambassador and foreign minister in the Oval Office the day after Comey’s sacking that the FBI director was a “nut job” whose removal had relieved “great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

It’s pure coincidence that one of the only foreign-policy advisers on the Trump campaign was Carter Page, who was under FBI investigation for Russia ties. In Moscow, he gave a speech denouncing U.S. policy, saying, “Washington and other Western capitals have impeded potential progress through their often hypocritical focus on ideas such as democratization, inequality, corruption, and regime change.” Anti-anti-corruption isn’t disturbing.

That White House objections to sanctions against Russia, which passed the Senate 98–2, are purely procedural.

That former Manafort partner and Trump surrogate Roger Stone, who boasted about links to WikiLeaks founder and America hater Julian Assange, and accurately predicted in August 2016 that John Podesta would be next “in the barrel,” was just lucky.

That statements by Eric and Donald Jr. about Russian financial ties are not revealing. Golf writer James Dodson quoted Eric as explaining in 2014 how the Trump organization was able to get financing for various golf courses even after the Great Recession. “Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.” Donald Trump Jr., who also traveled to Russia frequently, spoke at a 2008 real-estate conference and noted that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” When Donald Trump stated that “I have zero investments in Russia,” he did not say that Russia had zero investments in him, but we should believe his other claim that “I have nothing to do with Russia.”

That Mr. Trump’s failure to release his tax returns, despite repeated promises to do so, is because he is under audit.

That it’s unremarkable that presidential spokeswoman Sarah Sanders refuses to say whether Russia is an adversary, a friend, or a nation about whom we should be wary.

That Donald Trump is the first president since 1949 to cast doubt on America’s commitment to NATO, but this is overdue and good for the U.S.

That Donald Trump’s obsessive attacks on “fake news” are not an attempt to inoculate himself against future revelations but just good old-fashioned, right-wing hatred of liberals."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449480/donald-trump-russia-witch-hunt-narrative-hard-believe

Max

The Iceberg

Jul 15, 2017, 3:42:43 AM7/15/17
you only need to watch the Nothingburger video and watch a bit of CNN LOL

TT

Jul 15, 2017, 4:29:14 AM7/15/17
Another option is to take Trumps on their word... "We met with no
Russians", "Nothing happened" etc.

Didn't you post a couple days ago some news that Trump Jr said the
meeting was a nothingburger... Why the hell would you believe anything
he says on the topic, already caught on several lies about it.

Look, Trump campaign was most likely aiding and abetting the Russians on
meddling with US elections, giving them info how to do it most
effectively, receiving material and promising services after winning the
presidency.

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 5:45:20 AM7/15/17
The NBC producers who decided to share the video of Trump making crude
comments about women on that bus 'meddled' in the US election. Anyone
who shares negative information about a candidate does. Did you have a
problem with that?

---

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 6:29:49 AM7/15/17
An adversarial foreign government promising to provide dirt info against Trump to the 2020 Kamela Harris presidential campaign would be OK for you?

Wow, just wow ...

Max

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 6:35:48 AM7/15/17
You think Van Jones (CNN) would call baby Trump, Kushner, Manafort meeting Russians with government connections who promise to provide dirt against Hillary because the Russian government wants Trump to win a "Nothingburger"?

In the best case Trump jr., Kushner are bloody amateurs because even the meeting per se makes them ripe for blackmail. In the worst case this is the tip of a huge iceberg. This Trump jr. meeting is a game changer.

Max

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 6:38:36 AM7/15/17
So you think it would be a bad thing if the promised dirt came from
Russia, but not if it came from say Germany or Israel?

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 6:58:53 AM7/15/17
From Germany or Israel it would have been just bad.
From Russia it is simply terrible. Don't you understand that the Russians had Kushner in the bag after this? They could blackmail him at will. Tell us about the new airforce plane - or we will tell the NYT about our meeting. Make your dad lift the sanctions against us - or we will give a transcript of the meeting to CNN. Are younsimply to dumb to understand that or are you from a Russian troll house like Shitpiss?

Max

Guypers

Jul 15, 2017, 7:30:20 AM7/15/17
Look at his movie reviews, he is dumb!

TT

Jul 15, 2017, 8:10:17 AM7/15/17
Note that Trump & Tillerson met recently with the Putin with no other
Americans or media present - I understand it was Trump's demand not to
include other Americans... wonder why...

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 9:06:12 AM7/15/17
Actually, it would be equally bad all around. See, IMO, the most
significant political event of my lifetime was Reagan's defeat of the
USSR, culminating with the dismantling of communism in Europe in 1990.
Before then, Russia was our mortal enemy. But, what's the point of that
great victory, arguably even bigger than the victory over Germany and
Japan in WW2, if we just end up being enemies with Russia again?

So no, I don't view Russia as a "hostile" foreign power, and haven't
since 1990/1991. And IMO, despite some bad behavior on their part, the
worst being the seizure of the Crimean part of the Ukraine, they haven't
done anything to the USA to merit treating them like a pariah. To me,
one of the biggest foreign policy blunders of both the Bush Jr. and
Obama administrations was being too harsh on Russia, driving them away
from us. And one of the appealing things about Trump to me was his
attitude of fostering better relations with Russia, including the
lifting of sanctions.

Now, does that mean that the USA should not be wary of Putin and Russia?
Of course not. We should be monitoring them 24/7 for any acts that
threaten the USA, including acts against our NATO partners, which are
equal to attacks on ourselves. But we can be vigilant about Putin
without being relentlessly negative. Obama really, really bungled our
relations with Russia, and Trump needs to repair that.

>Don't you understand that the Russians had Kushner in the bag after this? They could blackmail him at will. Tell us >about the new >airforce plane - or we will tell the NYT about our meeting. > Make your dad lift the sanctions against >us - or we will give a
transcript of >the meeting to CNN.

Yeah sure, that would work. Kushner would just say "go ahead and do
that, and I'll deny anything of substance was said in the meeting. Heck,
I'll just say your transcript is a fabrication, you're making shit up
because you're pissed that we're not lifting sanctions. And I'll reveal
to CNN and the NY Times - not to mention the NSA and the CIA and the
FBI- that you just threatened me that way."

Yeah, that would advance Russians interests vis-a-vis the USA now,
wouldn't it?

Wake me up when evidence emerges that anyone on the Trump side promised
a quid-pro-quo *against USA interests* with Russia for their 'meddling'.

Good Lord, you've really fallen hard for this, haven't you?

TT

Jul 15, 2017, 12:46:06 PM7/15/17
Why are you defending these crooked criminal politicians? That's just crazy.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 1:10:46 PM7/15/17
You sure this Russian intelligence officer at the meeting didn't record it? Or other meetings? Lol ...

> Yeah, that would advance Russians interests vis-a-vis the USA now,
> wouldn't it?
>
> Wake me up when evidence emerges that anyone on the Trump side promised
> a quid-pro-quo *against USA interests* with Russia for their 'meddling'.

When you wake up again Pence will be president. Or one of those nasty democrat women.

Max

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 1:13:52 PM7/15/17
Shows that his opposition to "Crooked Hillary" was just a pretense. Now he is defending the "Crooked First Family". Sad!

Max

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 2:22:48 PM7/15/17
What? I criticize them relentlessly.

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 2:24:40 PM7/15/17
Figured you couldn't defend your position. You never can.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 3:32:57 PM7/15/17
You think only "evidence of a quid-pro-quo against US interests" will lead to impeachment?
Then you will be there for a rude awakening ...

Max

Darkfalz

Jul 15, 2017, 5:30:17 PM7/15/17
The US tries to interfere in every important world election, at least it did so under Obama. Russia does the same. So does China.

The US media interfered with its own election on a daily basis with lies, obfuscation and misinformation.

All of this boils down to one main charge by the democrats and the left: saying that the AMERICAN PEOPLE were too stupid to make a decision on their own.

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 5:52:52 PM7/15/17
There's a lot of truth in this. Lots of Sore Loserman stuff going on in
the media.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 5:52:55 PM7/15/17
Yes, the US spy against Russia and China. The Russians and the Chinese spy against the US.
So why punish those poor Russian and Chinese spies in the US at all? Let's pat them on the back and buy them a beer. Right, comrade?

Max

stephenJ

Jul 15, 2017, 5:54:25 PM7/15/17
>On 7/15/2017 2:32 PM, calim...@gmx.de wrote:

> You think only "evidence of a quid-pro-quo against US interests" will lead to impeachment?
> Then you will be there for a rude awakening ...

Then what do you think the impeachment will be based on. Trump is going
to be impeached because some of his underlings helped the Russians time
the release of anti-Hillary dirt during the campaign?

Seriously?

Gracchus

Jul 15, 2017, 5:56:22 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 2:30:17 PM UTC-7, Darkfalz wrote:

> The US tries to interfere in every important world election, at least it did so under Obama. Russia does the same. So does China.
>
> The US media interfered with its own election on a daily basis with lies, obfuscation and misinformation.
>
> All of this boils down to one main charge by the democrats and the left: saying that the AMERICAN PEOPLE were too stupid to make a decision on their own.

The American people were given a choice between two flavors of shit and chose the one they hadn't tasted yet. Turns out it's a different texture but still tastes like shit.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 15, 2017, 6:25:45 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:54:25 PM UTC+2, StephenJ wrote:
> >On 7/15/2017 2:32 PM, calim...@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > You think only "evidence of a quid-pro-quo against US interests" will lead to impeachment?
> > Then you will be there for a rude awakening ...
>
> Then what do you think the impeachment will be based on. Trump is going
> to be impeached because some of his underlings helped the Russians time
> the release of anti-Hillary dirt during the campaign?
>
> Seriously?

What if Manafort testifies that Pa Trump knew of that meeting? Think the orange clown would survive this?

Max

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 12:02:01 AM7/16/17
Yes, because what's the 'high crime or misdemeanor' involved? Don't
mistake Trump-hating media hysteria with actual crimes. If the voters
think Trump working with Russians to release dirt on Hillary is a mortal
sin, we'll vote him out 3 years from now.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 16, 2017, 12:40:27 AM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:02:01 AM UTC+2, StephenJ wrote:

> >> Then what do you think the impeachment will be based on. Trump is going
> >> to be impeached because some of his underlings helped the Russians time
> >> the release of anti-Hillary dirt during the campaign?
> >>
> >> Seriously?
>
> > What if Manafort testifies that Pa Trump knew of that meeting? Think the orange clown would survive this?
>
> Yes, because what's the 'high crime or misdemeanor' involved? Don't
> mistake Trump-hating media hysteria with actual crimes. If the voters
> think Trump working with Russians to release dirt on Hillary is a mortal
> sin, we'll vote him out 3 years from now.

"High crimes and misdemeanors" doesn't need a criminal offense.

Max

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 9:13:23 AM7/17/17
That's true, it is whatever the House and Senate say it is. But you
think a GOP controlled House/Senate is going to impeach Trump *without*
an actual crime?

Seriously?