Djokovic hires Agassi

rec.sport.tennis

May 21, 2017, 1:43:09 PM5/21/17
Didn't see that coming

AZ

May 21, 2017, 1:47:57 PM5/21/17
On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 11:43:09 PM UTC+6, rec.sport.tennis wrote:
> Didn't see that coming

Rumors have been swirling around for a couple of weeks now.

grif

May 21, 2017, 1:54:05 PM5/21/17
Yep.

Patrick Kehoe

May 21, 2017, 2:07:38 PM5/21/17
On has to remember that Andre was guided by guys like Brad Gilbert, Darren Cahill and trained by Gil Reyes... all pragmatic, rudimentary, down to earth, keep to the basics type guys... They grounded him in rote process and committed functionality and hard work...

And for good reason!

Andre grew to be a dreamer, a guy fascinated by context and complexity and 'the spiritual' or (one might say) dimensional aspects to life and reality and all that New Age sort of pseudo-intellectualism... which happens to intelligent people who are otherwise occupied during their formative years and don't get to experience higher learning... they come to be fascinated by intellect, ideas and some the non-materialist side of life/knowing... JUST LIKE NOLE has become thusly enamoured...

Put the two of them together and they might float off on clouds of idealistic ether...

NOT TO SAY THEY WILL... but... Nole's going to have to have another more pragmatic voice in his camp... perhaps, his brother Marco will fill in that roll for him???

Guypers

May 21, 2017, 2:21:27 PM5/21/17
LOL, babble, psycho-babble??? Fullofit arentyou?

calim...@gmx.de

May 21, 2017, 2:31:11 PM5/21/17
No-nonsense Steffi keeps Agassi grounded. That might reflect positively on Djokovic, too.

Max

jdeluise

May 21, 2017, 2:45:25 PM5/21/17
Yeah, I don't really get it. He's apparently a writer but his spelling
is atrocious and his grammar even worse. The presentation isn't much
better... full of run-on sentences and large, impenetrable blocks of
text. I recognize that there is an art to writing, but what he
perpetrates is pure disrespect for the craft.

Pelle Svanslös

May 21, 2017, 3:10:21 PM5/21/17
I'm always the last to hear these rumours.

grif

May 21, 2017, 3:24:41 PM5/21/17
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/05/08/andre-agassi-could-new-supercoach-reignite-novak-djokovic/

Hopefully, it works out well. Tennis needs Nole the Great and Sir Andy back in the mix.

*skriptis

May 21, 2017, 3:30:02 PM5/21/17
jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Your posts are always about insulting someone. Shame.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

jdeluise

May 21, 2017, 4:42:10 PM5/21/17
On Sun, 21 May 2017 21:26:36 +0200, *skriptis wrote:

> Your posts are always about insulting someone. Shame.

Don't you mean "Sad!" ?

TennisGuy

May 21, 2017, 7:38:25 PM5/21/17
On 5/21/2017 1:43 PM, rec.sport.tennis wrote:
> Didn't see that coming

Zverev is SO... lucky he snatched this win before Agassi came to the camp!

Because now Djoker will become totally invincible!

bob

May 21, 2017, 8:45:32 PM5/21/17
On 21 May 2017 17:43:08 GMT, "rec.sport.tennis"
<rec.spor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Didn't see that coming

hired him for what?

bob

SliceAndDice

May 21, 2017, 10:46:07 PM5/21/17
On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 1:43:09 PM UTC-4, rec.sport.tennis wrote:
> Didn't see that coming

Djoker cocking a snook at Becker by hiring his worst rival? :D
Seriously though, I think it is a good move. Agassi would bring in his brand of motivational wisdom, and Djoker has been looking lost this last year.
This may bring some unpredictability to Roland Garros, depending on how well these two click.

ahonkan

May 22, 2017, 1:06:50 AM5/22/17
Agree completely. A smart choice, I'd say.

*skriptis

May 22, 2017, 5:01:03 AM5/22/17
ahonkan <aho...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Totally agree. This is what he needed. Another smartass for him to
discuss "life, philosophies, realities" etc. They even have
similarities in their game so really lot of to discuss.

In tennis term Agassi is going to be placebo even more than Becker.

But placebo would help Djokovic.

Whisper

May 22, 2017, 7:35:41 AM5/22/17
'On paper' it seems a good match up as they have many similarities;

- 2 handed baseliners
- strong returners
- won career slam, best slam AO, lost many slam finals

Agassi also recovered from a huge mid career slump which Djoker is kinda
experiencing now, albeit on a lesser scale. Also they played in similar
era - it's not like a young Fed hiring geriatric Roche.

---
http://www.avg.com

bob

May 22, 2017, 8:10:17 AM5/22/17
On Mon, 22 May 2017 21:35:33 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
i read the article and it said something to the effect agassi and djok
will try out their relationship at the FO, so it doesn't seem like a
full fledged coaching commitment, more like something mac/raonic did
at last year's wimbledon. a temporary "advisor" more or less. will be
interesting to see how it pans out though. personally, i don't peg
agassi for the coaching type but i could be wrong.

bob

The Iceberg

May 22, 2017, 9:00:22 AM5/22/17
Yep! Agreed for once!

Patrick Kehoe

May 22, 2017, 10:48:33 AM5/22/17
+1

I hope it works... but Nole doesn't have his employees speaking to the media... I wonder how that would be worked out? AA has a lot of media obligations, given all the commitments, foundations and businesses he's involved with... I guess Nole and he would have to come to some form of 'subject' agreement...

grif

May 22, 2017, 1:42:26 PM5/22/17

bob

May 22, 2017, 2:32:56 PM5/22/17
it would be easy to let agassi talk to the media about anything except
djokovic.

bob

stephenJ

May 25, 2017, 7:19:23 AM5/25/17
>On 5/22/2017 7:10 AM, bob wrote:

> personally, i don't peg
> agassi for the coaching type but i could be wrong.

I don't either, but then again I felt the same about Becker and he was
an A+ hire.

It's important, because for some reason, Joker depends more on having a
team around him moreso than any other top male champ i can think of,
past or preset.

He's almost the male Navratilova in that regard.

---